Missed Opportunities

A perfect 10 changes from man to man i suppose. But you know your own perfect 10. This girl was the kind I'd always dreamed about. And for some reason I DONT do well my kind of perfect 10.

Well I was at the club one night and saw the exact type of girl 10/10. She wsa fucking beautiful and all guys were basically drooling over her, afriaid to approach. Well I was on fire that night. Talked it over with two dapper English guys (I'm American) then stepped to her.

We clicked instantly. So well that within a few minutes I was kissing her neck up and down. She told me it was her birthday the next day and wanted me to come over and help her celebrate - she had no plans.. just me and her.

I took her cell phone and called my own number with her phone, closed it and left on a high note.
When I got home i realized the call hadn't been placed long enough and it never showed up in my phone. :mad:
And you know how these things go.. she was too shy or whatever to call me.. was waiting for my call.

I still kick myself over this but i have NEVER fucked up with a phone number again so i guess i learned the hard way.

I remember back in 1999, I worked with this chick who attended the University of Portland. She invited me to a party after work one night which wasn't too far from where both of us lived. After a few hours we both had our fill of drinks and smoke, so she asked me to walk her home. We're walking and talking and she is yapping about her college classes, roommates, her new boyfriend, and I'm kind of faded so I'm just nodding my head and saying a few words here and there to make it seem like I'm really listening to her. Y'all know the game.

We finally get to her house and she asked me if I wanted to come in and I was like, 'yeah sure' just to see what her house looked like. We get inside and I take a seat on the couch. She goes upstairs for a few minutes and when she comes back down she tells me her bed isn't all that big but it could fit the both of us. I replied, " you know, I'll just sleep right here on the couch." She gave me a look and was like, "ok, good night" and went to sleep. I dozed off for a few hours and then I woke up and quietly left her house. As I was walking home it finally occurred to me she wanted to hook up.

I think it was her telling me she had a boyfriend that threw me off but either way I missed out on some drunken sex. Being rejected by women is as natural as taking a morning piss. But missing out on a sure thing will bother you for days on end.

Any missed opportunity stories from y'all? Doesn't necessarily have to be about women.

It happens to all of us... My dumb ass has too many to name. Yeesh, 2 decades ago? Learn from it and don't dwell.

Besides your story seemed more like you didn't wanna be a scumbag (take advantage of a drunken girl in a committed relationship) rather than someone who didn't know what was going on.

First time I banged a hot girl I went limp 3 mins in and wasn't able to nut on her face. I consider that a lost opportunity

Pretty much every stunning wasted girl that asks me to take them home.

Goes against my morale compass to touch a drunk girl unfortunately. Sometimes wish that wasn't the case.

Lots of potential missed opportunities. But only ones worth moaning and whining about are the times you could have pulled a threeway.

Dumbarse missed a three way crew checking in.... I was about 19 and this average looking chick was into me. So her slightly better looking friend and her come over my place for smoko and they asked if I'd ever had a three way and I'm like no. Next they asked if I'd like one and I responded yeah sure... then I didn't do anything and we sat around and got stoned... I didn't think they were actually offering... ended up with the average one a few weeks later but missed the opportunity for double the fun.

I've had so many lost chances when younger. Just too stupid to realise at the time.

I ended up at this party and the birthday girl was a really cute blonde. Went out a few times and did all the ground work over a few weeks then stupidity kicked in and I decided I fancied her cute brunette friend more... so I rang Blondie and asked for her friends number...

17 y/o and got my first fulltime job and a girl in my training course comes up to me with her friend Friday afternoon and says hey what are you doing this weekend. I replied playing football tomorrow then getting wasted. She goes 'ughh' and walks off. A week later she'd hooked up with another guy in my course.

I met this hot brunette and we agreed to meet for drinks. I walk into the bar and waiting to order a drink and this hot blonde walked up and says hey I'm xxxxxx I'm a lawyer and you're cute. Come and join me for a drink. I said thanks but I'm meeting a friend here.. didn't hook up with the hot brunette either in the end...

So many more too...

TLDR I'm a dumbarse.

Yeah a bunch. Mostly happens during a conversations where they say something and hours later I realize its an opening.

Missed? Perhaps. Talked myself out of them? For sure!! Met a woman on line. Went back to her place after dinner (this was our second date) and we go into her room because her daughter is home. For privacy she said. we start kissing and she starts acting all crazy and possessive. Second date remember. As she is saying all this crazy stuff about me not talking to other women and stuff she's telling me she wants to give me a blow job. At that point? I knew I'd never see her again so I refused. Called her the next day and told her I didn't want to see her again. Moral of the story? Being a gentleman can suck sometimes.

Ok. I just remembered one time and it was totally a missed opportunity. I was younger. This was back in the 80's and I'm delivering pizza for a job. It's a Friday night and it's busy. I deliver a pizza to this apartment and she buzzes me in. She's older but looks good to me. She's really drunk too! I put her pizza on the table and she pays me. Then starts rubbing up against me asking if that was a good enough tip. I say yes, 3$ is good. She's really insisting that she wants to give me a great tip.... I panicked and said I had 3 more deliveries to get to and left... I was a virgin for a reason back then.

Wow. Great topic!

I am a life-long introvert. It is painful at times. And have I had some missed opportunities!

My first girlfriend in high school. She dated another guy, and she told me how he was "too handsy." So I don't touch her, except to hold her hand. She wanted me to be handsy, too. Dumbass.

My first year of college I moved a thousand miles from my hometown to go to college and live with my grandmother. I had a study buddy in biology lab, a short, cute, and sexually active young woman. When we studied she always sat real close to me. One time she invited me to her apartment to study. Her roommate was there. We sat on the floor and studied biology. She rested her head on my arm. She went upstairs to change clothes, her roommate did the same, and asked me to come with them upstairs. Well, there was a new Sammy Hagar video on MTv (this is 1987), so I demurred and watched the damned video like an idiot. I figured I may have missed out on a threesome. Dumbass.

I moved back home for my second year of college (and the remainder of it as well). I was in government class, and the girl that sat in front of me was really cute. We did a project together at the library, and seemed to hit it off. She passed me a note in class, and asked me to lunch. We had lunch, and I asked her out to dinner. It was a night with a forecast for snow. We ate a good meal, then she suggested that we rent a movie and watch it at my place. We rented a movie, and watched it at my place. The snow got pretty heavy. I sat in a chair. She sat on the couch. Sigh. So many signals that I ignored! Finally she left before the movie was done because she was afraid of driving in the snow. I hugged her goodnight, but her face was turned just right for a kiss. We had one more lunch together, where she informed me that she was getting back with her old boyfriend. Dumbass.

There are others, too.

I am a good looking, intelligent man. I have good common sense. I have a high-paying professional career. But I am a flop with women. Luckily I found a woman, and married her, 25 years ago.

Wow. Great topic!

I am a life-long introvert. It is painful at times. And have I had some missed opportunities!

My first girlfriend in high school. She dated another guy, and she told me how he was "too handsy." So I don't touch her, except to hold her hand. She wanted me to be handsy, too. Dumbass.

My first year of college I moved a thousand miles from my hometown to go to college and live with my grandmother. I had a study buddy in biology lab, a short, cute, and sexually active young woman. When we studied she always sat real close to me. One time she invited me to her apartment to study. Her roommate was there. We sat on the floor and studied biology. She rested her head on my arm. She went upstairs to change clothes, her roommate did the same, and asked me to come with them upstairs. Well, there was a new Sammy Hagar video on MTv (this is 1987), so I demurred and watched the damned video like an idiot. I figured I may have missed out on a threesome. Dumbass.

I moved back home for my second year of college (and the remainder of it as well). I was in government class, and the girl that sat in front of me was really cute. We did a project together at the library, and seemed to hit it off. She passed me a note in class, and asked me to lunch. We had lunch, and I asked her out to dinner. It was a night with a forecast for snow. We ate a good meal, then she suggested that we rent a movie and watch it at my place. We rented a movie, and watched it at my place. The snow got pretty heavy. I sat in a chair. She sat on the couch. Sigh. So many signals that I ignored! Finally she left before the movie was done because she was afraid of driving in the snow. I hugged her goodnight, but her face was turned just right for a kiss. We had one more lunch together, where she informed me that she was getting back with her old boyfriend. Dumbass.

There are others, too.

I am a good looking, intelligent man. I have good common sense. I have a high-paying professional career. But I am a flop with women. Luckily I found a woman, and married her, 25 years ago.

Man, it sucks when you are shy or an introvert because you miss out on so many signals women throw at you especially when you're young and still learning how to build confidence.

I have even more 'missed' stories but I'll just let you guys tell your stories. LOL

Dumbarse missed a three way crew checking in.... I was about 19 and this average looking chick was into me. So her slightly better looking friend and her come over my place for smoko and they asked if I'd ever had a three way and I'm like no. Next they asked if I'd like one and I responded yeah sure... then I didn't do anything and we sat around and got stoned... I didn't think they were actually offering... ended up with the average one a few weeks later but missed the opportunity for double the fun.

I've had so many lost chances when younger. Just too stupid to realise at the time.

I ended up at this party and the birthday girl was a really cute blonde. Went out a few times and did all the ground work over a few weeks then stupidity kicked in and I decided I fancied her cute brunette friend more... so I rang Blondie and asked for her friends number...

17 y/o and got my first fulltime job and a girl in my training course comes up to me with her friend Friday afternoon and says hey what are you doing this weekend. I replied playing football tomorrow then getting wasted. She goes 'ughh' and walks off. A week later she'd hooked up with another guy in my course.

I met this hot brunette and we agreed to meet for drinks. I walk into the bar and waiting to order a drink and this hot blonde walked up and says hey I'm xxxxxx I'm a lawyer and you're cute. Come and join me for a drink. I said thanks but I'm meeting a friend here.. didn't hook up with the hot brunette either in the end...

So many more too...

TLDR I'm a dumbarse.

The last one was understandable. You made a commitment with someone and stayed a man of your word. No guarantees you would have scored with blondie either. *Kanye shrug*

unfortunately too many stories of missed opportunity, I'll start with one.

Met a girl online and we decided to meet up at a pub, we are having a great time drinking beer, talking and just generally hitting it off. At some point she tells me that she is renting her aunt's condo which still has the old shag carpeting and she tells me she has three cats. At the end of the night she offers for me to stay at her place since she lives closer to the bar. All I can think is of my allergy to cats and that shag carpet. So I tell her "no, I'm OK to drive" the puzzled look on her face pretty much summed up how bad I fucked up. I tried to ask her out again but she never took me serious after that, so after a few phone conversations and emails things just faded.

Another one was when I was in college working at a gym, there was this girl that was cute, really great body but there was something wrong with one of her eyes it just seemed to have an agenda of its own. I don't know if it was a lazy eye or something like that. She would occasionally flirt with me, but as her membership was coming to an end she got bolder to the point that one time she asked if she could kiss me, so I did and we made out for a little bit, it was pretty good. Fast forward to the last Sunday before her membership expired she comes in about a half hour before closing time (she knew I was there by myself working on Sundays the gym closed at 5:00 pm) as I'm closing up she asks if she can hang out while I do all the crap I have to do. I say "sure" so we are in the ladies locker room when she drops her keys, she goes to bend down to pick them up but I being a gentleman pick them up for her and as I'm handing them up to her her she is just standing there smiling. I hand the keys to her and stand up and keep doing my thing, I look back on it now that was her being sly and trying to get me to do something and I was too dense to get the message until I was driving home after. God I was a dumbass.

unfortunately too many stories of missed opportunity, I'll start with one.

Met a girl online and we decided to meet up at a pub, we are having a great time drinking beer, talking and just generally hitting it off. At some point she tells me that she is renting her aunt's condo which still has the old shag carpeting and she tells me she has three cats. At the end of the night she offers for me to stay at her place since she lives closer to the bar. All I can think is of my allergy to cats and that shag carpet. So I tell her "no, I'm OK to drive" the puzzled look on her face pretty much summed up how bad I fucked up. I tried to ask her out again but she never took me serious after that, so after a few phone conversations and emails things just faded.

Another one was when I was in college working at a gym, there was this girl that was cute, really great body but there was something wrong with one of her eyes it just seemed to have an agenda of its own. I don't know if it was a lazy eye or something like that. She would occasionally flirt with me, but as her membership was coming to an end she got bolder to the point that one time she asked if she could kiss me, so I did and we made out for a little bit, it was pretty good. Fast forward to the last Sunday before her membership expired she comes in about a half hour before closing time (she knew I was there by myself working on Sundays the gym closed at 5:00 pm) as I'm closing up she asks if she can hang out while I do all the crap I have to do. I say "sure" so we are in the ladies locker room when she drops her keys, she goes to bend down to pick them up but I being a gentleman pick them up for her and as I'm handing them up to her her she is just standing there smiling. I hand the keys to her and stand up and keep doing my thing, I look back on it now that was her being sly and trying to get me to do something and I was too dense to get the message until I was driving home after. God I was a dumbass.

The second story was brutal but still not as bad as mine. Homegirl actually asked me to come to bed with her and I blew it.

The second story was brutal but still not as bad as mine. Homegirl actually asked me to come to bed with her and I blew it.
Had another one that is similar to your situation; where I met a girl that was a live in nanny, she invited me over to hang with her just before Christmas and the family was out of town on vacation. She did the old "it's getting late why don't you stay here" line. I said alright and went off to one of the guest rooms in the house, she was just standing there with a dumbfounded look on her face. I fell asleep on a bed that didn't even have sheets on it. Next morning she basically told me what a dumbass I was, but she must have been really horny because once she spelled it out to me we ended up in bed for the better part of the day.

One time I went up this hot chick in a bar, had my leather jacket on,toothpick in mouth, and a sweet mullet. Anyways, she said she will be right back
Obviously a group of ninjas got jealous and kidnapped her because I never saw her again
It still haunts me when I remember her sweet gaze when she spoke her beautiful words “are you fucking kidding me?” I’ll never forget how beautiful she was when she uttered that

Oh man, so many. When I was younger I had horrible self esteem and just couldn't imagine a girl liking me. First job I ever had, at a fast food place, this really pretty girl that worked nearby used to come over and chat with me. When I had a customer she'd move over to the side, and then resume chatting with me after.

This went on for a while, and I was so introverted and confused I was trying to figure out wtf she wanted. Eventually she must have figured "I guess he's gay" and just gave up. So many chances to try to get her number or ask her out. I've never gotten a girl that hot since, so that shit still haunts me.

In the other thread I told the story about dating a total freak that would tell all her friends about our sex life. So I had these girls hinting, often super obviously, that they wanted the D. I know I could have arranged threesomes more than once but I was trying to just focus on the relationship with the crazy girl.

Also during that same time period there was this girl I worked with, with these awesome double D's that hinted she would be into it. Sigh.

When I was with my ex-wife I worked at a call center with a lot of young women working there. Probably could have gotten with a couple girls there, but again was focused on my relationship.

giphy.gif

I cockblocked myself several times with wanting to drink more or stay at parties in college. I was always a beer drinker, and basically wanted to have 10+ at a party. When you are there with chicks who tapout after 4-5, they aren't wanting to stay until 2 AM. I also played in a band at bars in college. I've been invited a few times to go home afterwards, but I always wanted to stay and party with everyone there.

On the flipside, I'm pretty sure I've got laid a few times just by being the guy always at the party late haha.

This thread is depressing

Hopefully something on tinder works out for me as this thread got me ruminating way too much.

#stillchasingtheonethatgotaway

I cockblocked myself several times with wanting to drink more or stay at parties in college. I was always a beer drinker, and basically wanted to have 10+ at a party. When you are there with chicks who tapout after 4-5, they aren't wanting to stay until 2 AM. I also played in a band at bars in college. I've been invited a few times to go home afterwards, but I always wanted to stay and party with everyone there.

On the flipside, I'm pretty sure I've got laid a few times just by being the guy always at the party late haha.
You just reminded me of about a half dozen times where my drinking did me in at just one bar and these are the ones I can remember. I don't even want to think about how many times I screwed up while drinking that I was too drunk to even realize. The ones I remember are mostly about me passing out, puking or doing something really stupid.

You just reminded me of about a half dozen times where my drinking did me in at just one bar and these are the ones I can remember. I don't even want to think about how many times I screwed up while drinking that I was too drunk to even realize. The ones I remember are mostly about me passing out, puking or doing something really stupid.

It's pretty ridiculous to think back on it, but I don't know if I really regret it. It was empowering in a way to not really give a shit, and it wasn't like there weren't always other opportunities. I always found the guys that entire night revolved around trying to get laid to be the worst. It was literally the definition of being pussy whipped, without even having the pussy yet.

Back