Social Miss Michigan stripped of title for controversial conservative Tweets

A) I'm certain if I looked into the actual details of this it's nothing like the events described by op. Every time you look into it it turns out the right is lying
B) if she actually was stripped of her title for not wearing a hijab and that's all this is about, that's fucking stupid.
C) what's more likely: that this chick is being targeted by social justice warriors or that she's an attention seeking 20 year old thot as evidenced by her posing semi nude on the internet for strangers and posing with maga hats? My money is on the latter.

Edit: Yup. Read some more, and she did not simply refuse to wear a Hjiab. She called it a "Scarf of oppression," lol, and refused to have a constructive conversation with actual Muslim women about it.

This is kind of a silly person to rally behind. She played her cards to make herself a "conservative" (identity politics) icon, and she may have done that effectively. That's about all.
Source? If true then yeah she was definitely asking for it. But like you said this may work in her favor. People by and large don't care who Miss America is, much less Miss Michigan. But many right wingers will follow any pretty woman(Lauren Southern, Tomi Lahren) who parrots their talking points, especially ones that are non-white(Candace Owens) because it allows them to, in their minds, fight identity politics with identity politics so you're right that she could parlay this into a career as a right wing talking head.

I wonder how posters defending this would feel if devout Muslim participants in these competitions were forced to adorn a yarmulke.

It seems reasonable that Americans should be allowed to boycott that. Expecting tolerance of people who do wear these other religious symbols is something I would expect of Americans. So if you boycott because a Muslim or a Jew is allowed in the competition, and wears that by choice for the fashion portions, I would not care for it. However, demanding they wear this stuff is authoritarian, and deeply un-American.

Nobody should be forced to wear any religious garb. That very idea of that it is absurd.

But I think it's important to note that this girl was not required to wear a Hijab to be Miss Michigan. That aspect seems to have been blown out of proportion to introduce a more oppressive-seeming storyline.

It sounds like she was released from her position for vocalizing controversial opinions on Twitter. Telling blacks to clean up their neighborhoods, calling Hijabs scarves of oppression, etc.

Should she be required to be less controversial to hold the position? Should she be able to say anything she wants as the face of that organization? That is a very fair debate to hold. But I think the current direction of the debate is straying from reality.

A) I'm certain if I looked into the actual details of this it's nothing like the events described by op. Every time you look into it it turns out the right is lying
B) if she actually was stripped of her title for not wearing a hijab and that's all this is about, that's fucking stupid.
C) what's more likely: that this chick is being targeted by social justice warriors or that she's an attention seeking 20 year old thot as evidenced by her posing semi nude on the internet for strangers and posing with maga hats? My money is on the latter.

Ding ding ding

Why the "lol", and why would either of these things justify any backlash?

I was laughing at the dishonesty in the way this is being presented.

There is a big difference between: "They fired her for not wearing a Hijab,"and, "They fired her for making a number of controversial Tweets about black people and Islam."

The first claim is shocking and appalling. The second claim is sort of an obvious consequence of being too controversial for your role.

Nobody should be forced to wear any religious garb. That very idea of that it is absurd.

But I think it's important to note that this girl was not required to wear a Hijab to be Miss Michigan. That aspect seems to have been blown out of proportion to introduce a more oppressive-seeming storyline.

It sounds like she was released from her position for vocalizing controversial opinions on Twitter. Telling blacks to clean up their neighborhoods, calling Hijabs scarves of oppression, etc.

Should she be required to be less controversial to hold the position? Should she be able to say anything she wants as the face of that organization? That is a very fair debate to hold. But I think the current direction of the debate is straying from reality.
Well fuck, would you look at that? The right is fucking lying, like they always do.

Lmao

I could be way off base here, but I don't think she's particularly good looking and the fact that she's a minority probably contributed to her winning in the obviously pro-SJW competition. Then the liberal company found out she ain't about that shit and changed their minds.

This is funny to me and I'm not sure why.

I must comment......

When I clicked on the first link that took me to her Instagram page, it took about 1 sec before someone roared in the background "FAKE". And it was my wife who was about 2 meters away. And then it took 5 minutes before I could finish this comment cause I hade to deal with a ridiculous discussion why I looked at Instagram.

But it is true, she is not very beautiful. I think the big scandal here is that she has been appointed to what was it? Miss state / country?

Oh dear lord they must have the worst taste in that pat of US.

That's an odd statement. Isn't a beauty pageant by it's very nature, politically incorrect?
Huh? How? Sure far left feminists hate it but them aside most of us expect that these competitions are supposed to be inoffensive and certainly don't expect that the contestants are going to weigh in on polarizing topics. Whenever they do the Q&A part you can just see the contestants trying to come up with the most PC and least offensive answer, that's why the stereotypical response is usually something to do with "world peace."

She's obviously Chinese.

But to leftists, all Asians look alike. :rolleyes:
tenor.gif

I must comment......

When I clicked on the first link that took me to her Instagram page, it took about 1 sec before someone roared in the background "FAKE". And it was my wife who was about 2 meters away. And then it took 5 minutes before I could finish this comment cause I hade to deal with a ridiculous discussion why I looked at Instagram.

But it is true, she is not very beautiful. I think the big scandal here is that she has been appointed to what was it? Miss state / country?

Oh dear lord they must have the worst taste in that pat of US.
Michigan isn't lacking good looking blondes, but I imagine that wouldn't have been ethnic enough. We need someone to do the research and find pics of the competitors she beat out to determine how big of a travesty this was.

Source? If true then yeah she was definitely asking for it. But like you said this may work in her favor. People by and large don't care who Miss America is, much less Miss Michigan. But many right wingers will follow any pretty woman(Lauren Southern, Tomi Lahren) who parrots their talking points, especially ones that are non-white(Candace Owens) because it allows them to, in their minds, fight identity politics with identity politics so you're right that she could parlay this into a career as a right wing talking head.

The entire story is in the 5 or 6 links in the OP. It's terribly written, and you have to explore the links to get the story.

This is what happened.

Kathy Zhu saw a "try on a Hijab stand" at her college. She took a bunch of pictures, then ran home to post them on Twitter. She insulted them and posted pictures of the booth. Here's one of the Tweets, but shockingly, some of them are deleted.

UCFZhuTweet.JPG

Here is one of the pictures:

ucf-e1517612160786.jpg

Then one of the girls working the booth was upset that she was in the photos, and Tweeting this:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-02-at-11.54.07-AM.png

So, obviously the Hijab wearing has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Michigan. She took pictures of Muslims at her school, posted their pictures on Twitter, and bashed their religion.

The backlash came from the girl she took pictures of. She felt like it was harassment to take their pictures and go post it to the Internet to bash them, so she tried to get Kathy in trouble for violating the student code of conduct.

The Miss Michigan organization did not have anything to do with the situation. But they did see all of her controversial Tweets.

Huh? How?

Taking women and judging them in a contest based purely on physical attractiveness, is rather politically incorrect. Organizers of some such events have even recognized it as such, and have attempted to become less PI by toning down the meat wagon aspects of the contests.

What the fuck?

That's the same guy that said Asians ruined his town. I can't remember which town it was.

He was like, "Because of the Asians, there's no more diversity!"

Then I looked it up, and it's only like 40% Asian or something.

Edit: Just looked it up, it was Irvine. 48% white, 41% Asian.

Irvine California . They took over the city . There is no more white people. No diversity .

Lol. No more white people, while still being 48% of the town.

The entire story is in the 5 or 6 links in the OP. It's terribly written, and you have to explore the links to get the story.

This is what happened.

Kathy Zhu saw a "try on a Hijab stand" at her college. She took a bunch of pictures, then ran home to post them on Twitter. She insulted them and posted pictures of the booth. Here's one of the Tweets, but shockingly, some of them are deleted.

UCFZhuTweet.JPG

Here is one of the pictures:

ucf-e1517612160786.jpg

Then one of the girls working the booth was upset that she was in the photos, and Tweeting this:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-02-at-11.54.07-AM.png

So, obviously the Hijab wearing has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Michigan. She took pictures of Muslims at her school, posted their pictures on Twitter, and bashed their religion.

The backlash came from the girl she took pictures of.
Oh wow, even worse than I thought. Yeah she was definitely asking for it, how did she think being such a cunt wouldn't be a problem for her in the competition?
Taking women and judging them in a contest based purely on physical attractiveness, is rather politically incorrect. Organizers of some such events have even recognized it as such, and have attempted to become less PI by toning down the meat wagon aspects of the contests.
These pageants are adjusting for the times but the goal is often for the competition to appear politically correct and inoffensive. Before a swimsuit competition wasn't considered politically incorrect which is why they had one. And the issue you're talking about is why they've always had the Q&A section, to give the pretense that its not only about looks.

These are really not supposed to be controversial events, not by any stretch of the imagination. To the extent that people find them controversial is due to the rapidly changing values of society, not any attempt by the organizers of the competition to court controversy. Which is why they removed the swimsuit portion, to try and remain politically correct despite the changing times. And also why they removed this girl who, like I said, was asking for it.

Because that is what us Libs are shooting for. A 100% muslim caliphate right here at home. Unfortunately that includes wearing a hijab, even the men
You see no issue with the contestants being forced to wear a garb that is traditionally associated with a religion?

They need to even this out and have the contestants wear the Sikh turban and spaghettis strainers like the Pastafarians.

Back