Social Miss Michigan stripped of title for controversial conservative Tweets

The thread title also mentions, "...and tweets."

I don't find any of her tweets cited here objectionable.

You see no issue with the contestants being forced to wear a garb that is traditionally associated with a religion?

They need to even this out and have the contestants wear the Sikh turban and spaghettis strainers like the Pastafarians.

I think we are agreeing... I think they should eliminate the question/answer portion of the pageants and replace it with a, wear a religious item on your head competition. The more that choose the hijab the better.

Michigan isn't lacking good looking blondes, but I imagine that wouldn't have been ethnic enough. We need someone to do the research and find pics of the competitors she beat out to determine how big of a travesty this was.

What do you mean by this? Is there some kind of arbitrary quotation? An x quantity must be black, yellow or white to be able to hold a competition?

Whether or not something is objectionable really depends on the position that you hold. An organization as vanilla as "Miss Michigan" does not want the face of their organization lecturing black people on violence and Tweeting out pictures of her schoolmates at a friendly engagement to call head scarfs oppressive.

It's just too much for her role, according to her organization. There's nothing with her voicing her opinion, but when you are the face of an organization they are obviously going to have a standard of conduct for your public persona since you represent them. That's not a new thing.

You see no issue with the contestants being forced to wear a garb that is traditionally associated with a religion?

They need to even this out and have the contestants wear the Sikh turban and spaghettis strainers like the Pastafarians.
I would have an issue with that but thankfully its not true. The incident with the hijab was entirely unrelated to the competition, it occurred on her campus and she was the one who instigated it.
This is what happened.

Kathy Zhu saw a "try on a Hijab stand" at her college. She took a bunch of pictures, then ran home to post them on Twitter. She insulted them and posted pictures of the booth. Here's one of the Tweets, but shockingly, some of them are deleted.

UCFZhuTweet.JPG

Here is one of the pictures:

ucf-e1517612160786.jpg

Then one of the girls working the booth was upset that she was in the photos, and Tweeting this:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-02-at-11.54.07-AM.png

So, obviously the Hijab wearing has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Michigan. She took pictures of Muslims at her school, posted their pictures on Twitter, and bashed their religion.

The backlash came from the girl she took pictures of. She felt like it was harassment to take their pictures and go post it to the Internet to bash them, so she tried to get Kathy in trouble for violating the student code of conduct.

The Miss Michigan organization did not have anything to do with the situation. But they did see all of her controversial Tweets.

The entire story is in the 5 or 6 links in the OP. It's terribly written, and you have to explore the links to get the story.

This is what happened.

Kathy Zhu saw a "try on a Hijab stand" at her college. She took a bunch of pictures, then ran home to post them on Twitter. She insulted them and posted pictures of the booth. Here's one of the Tweets, but shockingly, some of them are deleted.

UCFZhuTweet.JPG

Here is one of the pictures:

ucf-e1517612160786.jpg

Then one of the girls working the booth was upset that she was in the photos, and Tweeting this:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-02-at-11.54.07-AM.png

So, obviously the Hijab wearing has absolutely nothing to do with Miss Michigan. She took pictures of Muslims at her school, posted their pictures on Twitter, and bashed their religion.

The backlash came from the girl she took pictures of. She felt like it was harassment to take their pictures and go post it to the Internet to bash them, so she tried to get Kathy in trouble for violating the student code of conduct.

The Miss Michigan organization did not have anything to do with the situation. But they did see all of her controversial Tweets.

lol at the dumb cunt who won't "tolerate ignorance on her campus". Pretty silly statement in light of the nature of education. Beyond that, did she make any effort to understand Kathy's viewpoints before trying to incite a campaign to have her expelled? Dumb cunt clearly isn't about tolerance or education. Just some religious sucker thinking they're above ridicule for dedicating their lives to make-believe.

the 'try a hijab' thing was at her previous college in florida and nothing to do with the michigan contest, she wasn't forced to wear fuck all. it's right there in the OP.

she saw a booth where girls could try a hijab (for some odd reason) and got triggered and posted about it on twitter. the miss michigan contest is cutting her loose about those tweets amongst others that they don't want to be associated with

When the last time you actually saw a "narrow ass?"

Lil Narrow Ass got herself fired and don't want to accept the responsibility for her actions.

Seems to be par for the course here lately.

Where Tila Tequila narrow ass at?

What do you mean by this? Is there some kind of arbitrary quotation? An x quantity must be black, yellow or white to be able to hold a competition?
No, it was just a snide remark about how the company running this thing is obviously all about social justice. I was saying that they probably chose her over better looking blondes because she's ethnic.

Thats a new one. Conservatives can differentiate Asians better than liberals huh?

It actually matters to conservatives to give them the respect of not incorrectly identifying their nationality.

As opposed to leftists, who'd like to refer all rape gang suspects in England as 'asian.'

20150317145138.jpg

Asians apparently have white privilege now. That is seriously how the left accounts for their success I've read that several times
Some Asians put a high price on white skin. Not that they're caucasians but don't bring a black guy home to grandma.

It actually matters to conservatives to give them the respect of not incorrectly identifying their nationality.

As opposed to leftists, who'd like to refer all rape gang suspects in England as 'asian.'

20150317145138.jpg
most of those kid fuckers we have are pakistani
Countries+of+South+Asia.jpg

lol at the dumb cunt who won't "tolerate ignorance on her campus". Pretty silly statement in light of the nature of education. Beyond that, did she make any effort to understand Kathy's viewpoints before trying to incite a campaign to have her expelled? Dumb cunt clearly isn't about tolerance or education. Just some religious sucker thinking they're above ridicule for dedicating their lives to make-believe.
Lol, its the other girls' fault now? Kathy is the one who took their picture only to ridicule them on Twitter, you think anyone would take kindly to that? Of course not. The whole incident could've been avoided if Kathy just ignored the booth but she was so triggered she had to instigate a Twitter spat.

I mean, it's fine for you to hold that opinion. Just don't run for Miss Michigan, or you may end up being too controversial for their intentionally tame and unoffensive organization. Seems pretty obvious to me.

I think it was probably obvious to Kathy too. I think she's probably working on turning herself into the next online conservative darling. There is a huge market for it.

20150317145138.jpg

Yes, you are right. Every liberal just lumps them all together. Conservatives are just better people.

Said nobody EVER

“politicalkathy”

Lmfao, stfu. She wants to be political about the event than she can get canned.

Don’t wanna play nice, than gtfo yah nazis

EDIT: One of the earlier tweets in question said, “Did you know the majority of black deaths are caused by other blacks? Fix problems within your own community first before blaming others.”

Lmfao, yah I can see why. Broad is denser than the bottom of the ocean. Aint a goodlook having ignorant and uneducated people spouting political nonsense off.

What would you think if England had a "try without a hijab" day?
I'd think fuck all of it cos no one's obligated to take it off are they?
To equate the two is a bit silly - ones about inclusivity and removing a negative view of an article of clothing and what you're suggesting sounds straight out of the EDL FB page lol

From what I gather it's not really about refusing to wear it. The organization did not come up with a hijab, tell her to wear it and demote her when she refused. She saw a booth where people were doing there thing, she then bashed them on the internet. Also, in the conversation with the director, he seemed to talk more about the comments on blacks and she really didn't help herself being very defensive and passive aggressive from the start.

I think as an admin it is your duty to change the OP title as it is highly misleading. That is how fake news is spread ; it's not about inventing stuff, it's about presenting events in a misleading way. Whether it's the left or the right doing it, there has to be a fight against fake news.

Back