Mir is going to destroy Cormier

Mir is freaking slow. Cormier can just keep this on the feet and destroy him with his faster striking skills. Plus, he can easily clinch with him, push him against the fence and beat him up there. Of course, Mir has a chance, but to say he will destroy Cormier is just silly.

Because he's still in the process of dropping weight so he can eventually move down to the LHW. Whilst doing that, he'll take another fight at HW to keep himself busy.

Honestly though, he weighed in at 230 tonight and while solid, he was far from ripped. How difficult can it be for him to drop 15lbs and then cut from 215?

I'm glad you're so confident in the outcome. You should bet the house.

Sure, Frank Mir is one of the most inconsistent heavyweights, has a weak chin, and has gotten destroyed by power wrestlers like Cormier in the past.. but whatever

Power wrestlers like Cormier? Lesnar and Carwin have about 50 pounds on Cormier. They are in a different league when it comes to power.

Power wrestlers like Cormier? Lesnar and Carwin have about 50 pounds on Cormier. They are in a different league when it comes to power.

Barnett is bigger than Cormier, and also a good wrestler and got out wrestled with no effort. Do you really think Cormier would have any trouble taking Mir down? He doesn

UFC fanboys are worse than the hipster MMA fans hyping and praising fighters in small promitions pretending they are as good or better than UFC fighters.

Cormier will destroy Mir, that's for sure.

Hold on a minute.......nobody is as bad as the Shinya Aoki fans circa 4 to 5 years ago.......I think Melendez showed them a hint of why he would never beat BJ, and then Eddie Alvarez took any doubts they might have had left.:icon_chee

Honestly though, he weighed in at 230 tonight and while solid, he was far from ripped. How difficult can it be for him to drop 15lbs and then cut from 215?

Not sure how hard it is for Cormier, possibly harder on him than most. He had kidney problems before from cutting too much weight.

The only thing Mir has tested more against top competition is his chin.

Yeah yeah yeah, Mir's been busted up a lot, no doubt about it, and him beating Cormier is by no means a sure bet, but with how relatively untested DC is, it would be stupid to discount the possibility of Mir exposing him.

Hold on a minute.......nobody is as bad as the Shinya Aoki fans circa 4 to 5 years ago.......I think Melendez showed them a hint of why he would never beat BJ, and then Eddie Alvarez took any doubts they might have had left.:icon_chee

I don't know man. Both UFC fanboys and hipster MMA fans are delusional and annoying as fck.

Love the username. That was one of the funniest SNL skits of all time.

But from what I've read Cormier damn-near killed himself trying to make around 205 during his collegiate wrestling days. I forget where it was I read it but I seem to remember that he was almost hospitalized.

I just hope it's a good fight. I'm tired of seeing Mir get wrecked.

even if they are bigger lesnar and carwin are amateurs compared to DC... carwin especially, JDS took him down ffs

I just hope it's a good fight. I'm tired of seeing Mir get wrecked.

Well yeah JDS beat Mir convincingly, but i thought Mir did better than most of JDS' previous opponents, and Mir was on a 3 fight winning streak before that so he doesn't always get wrecked. Hopefully Mir takes it, but he has to get to the UFC 100 shape that he was in.

even if they are bigger lesnar and carwin are amateurs compared to DC... carwin especially, JDS took him down ffs

Lmao mmmmmk. I am quite fond of Cormier but to call an accomplished NCAA wrestler and former UFC Heavyweight Champion with the record for most title defenses an "amateur" in comparison is a massive load of hating bullshit. Sort yourself out immediately.

He has better striking and will tear a limb off if it goes to the ground. I know people on here love to hate on Mir, but he is going to derail that hype train.

Haha, good one.

Back