Crime Minneapolis bracing for unrest (UPDATE: Chauvin Found Guilty)

But when trump and cronies were in a picture with Parnas and Epstein it was just a picture? Or that politician with white supremicists it was just a picture?

chauvin is guilty. Get over it.
I think you need to get over the fact that an appeal is likely.

Just came to post this. No fucking way does this not lead to an appeal. No fucking way
Was he asked if he attened a George Floyd protest?

He attended a Martin Luther King Jnr. march in Washington D.C. , that is held every 5 years. Having a BLM shirt does not equal attending a George Floyd march.

I can't imagine anyone wasn't familiar with this case but he still misrepresented his opinion in order to get on the jury.

we're going to have to do this all over again bc dude wanted to be on the jury. Moron.

I see we have reached the fanfiction segment of a post-guilty verdict. Alexa, explain "mistrial" and "appeal" to me like I'm five years old

I see we have reached the fanfiction segment of a post-guilty verdict. Alexa, explain "mistrial" and "appeal" to me like I'm five years old
You have the judge in this case, straight up on video telling the defense they have a great cause to win appeal.

we still believe in impartial juries here in america. And not mob intimidation of the process either

You have the judge in this case, straight up on video telling the defense they have a great cause to win appeal.

we still believe in impartial juries here in america. And not mob intimidation of the process either
appeal is part of the legal process. It was likely to happen anyway. "A great cause to win appeal" is nonsensical word salad. This is fantasy booking of the legal system because the verdict makes you mad. Or more accurately, because the verdict made people you don't like happy. But please, don't let me stop your daydreaming that a guy wearing a t-shirt is going to cause a mistrial

Was he asked if he attened a George Floyd protest?

He attended a Martin Luther King Jnr. march in Washington D.C. , that is held every 5 years. Having a BLM shirt does not equal attending a George Floyd march.

His shirt said “get off of our necks” so you tell me that has nothing to do with Floyd and Floyd’s family spoke at the event

appeal is part of the legal process. It was likely to happen anyway. "A great cause to win appeal" is nonsensical word salad. This is fantasy booking of the legal system because the verdict makes you mad. Or more accurately, because the verdict made people you don't like happy. But please, don't let me stop your daydreaming that a guy wearing a t-shirt is going to cause a mistrial

I don't think you can have a mistrial after the verdict is read

The judge was pissed off. He wasn’t living in some fantasy land.

add in the BLM juror........who lied

His shirt said “get off of our necks” so you tell me that has nothing to do with Floyd and Floyd’s family spoke at the event
Could be alluding to the perception amongst Black folks that racists have had their boot on Black people since Black people were brought here. His shirt doesn't have any explicit references to Floyd.

Could be alluding to the perception amongst Black folks that racists have had their boot on Black people since Black people were brought here. His shirt doesn't have any explicit references to Floyd.

ok, I am sure you’re right that it had nothing to do with floyd. This guy was foaming at the mouth to be a juror and was the first to do an interview. Well, he will get his 15 minutes of fame for fucking up the first trial.

ok, I am sure you’re right that it had nothing to do with floyd. This guy was foaming at the mouth to be a juror and was the first to do an interview. Well, he will get his 15 minutes of fame for fucking up the first trial.
The jury decision was unnanimous, and there is no evidence any of them attended a Floyd protest.

I would not put the odds of a re-trial as high. And the Federal Government can still bring charges against Chauvin.

I don't think you can have a mistrial after the verdict is read
you can, but it's very rare. It's also fairly rare to overturn a jury verdict in general; in this case in particular they would have to prove that he lied on his jury questionnaire, and that he did so with the explicit intent to enact a pre-planned decision to find the guy guilty. If it sounds like a high bar, it's because it is. And that's just standard of review, it has nothing to do with overturning the verdict

So what do we have to indicate his actual deliberations were compromised?
Everyone has opinions.

So what do we have to indicate his actual deliberations were compromised?
Everyone has opinions.

I think that his shirt would say that he wasn’t a fair and impartial juror. He wanted on that jury badly and I think this definitely opens up a reason to appeal. I have seen appeals for less. One guy around here shot and killed a guy and got an appeal because he argued that his bullet wasn’t the fatal shot because more people were shooting. He is on video shooting the guy btw. This guy going to a rally wearing that shirt would certainly leave questions about his impartiality. Plus he said they were ready to convict before the trial was over.

Back