Crime Minneapolis bracing for unrest (UPDATE: Chauvin Found Guilty)

Only that ...no one really was. Keep lying though.

Maybe you and I didn’t read the same posts/threads, but I read dozens and dozens of posts on here, claiming that there was no way to convict him.
I was surprised because outside of Sherdog, I didn’t see people expressing this opinion anywhere else.

Rondo neighborhood in Saint Paul. Shit got wild in Brooklyn Center, but it was calm over here.

My best friend lives in Prior Lake. He was saying he thought a lot of people might flee Minneapolis proper if the city council went through with all the defunding police etc. But he said he thought what might happen was that they'd flee to St. Paul and the 'burbs. So they'd stay in the area but get out of Minneapolis. Property values would shoot up everywhere in that area but go down in Minneapolis.

This was last summer/early fall though that he said this. I haven't talked to him about it since, I'm not sure if there was any of that or not.

My best friend lives in Prior Lake. He was saying he thought a lot of people might flee Minneapolis proper if the city council went through with all the defunding police etc. But he said he thought what might happen was that they'd flee to St. Paul and the 'burbs. So they'd stay in the area but get out of Minneapolis. Property values would shoot up everywhere in that area but go down in Minneapolis.

This was last summer/early fall though that he said this. I haven't talked to him about it since, I'm not sure if there was any of that or not.
Yeah, I could see how that would make sense. A large portion of Minneapolis is full of hipsters who talk about how awesome it is to live in such a progressive city, but rarely venture out of their class segregated neighborhoods (e.g. Lyn-Lake, Bryn Mawr). North Minneapolis is a whole nother story though. The trends people confused around here were remote workers leaving the city for exurban areas, and a fleeing of a city due to unrest and potential crime increase. June was when local companies announced they would be allowing people to remain remote workers even after the pandemic was over.

Their defunding is largely exaggerated in national media. They want to allocate funds and triage more calls to first responders and mental health/crisis counselors instead of police. They also don't want police to do traffic stops unless a fugitive is involved, but rather expand parking enforcement to identify and cite moving violations. They want police to be used only when necessary.

Maybe you and I didn’t read the same posts/threads, but I read dozens and dozens of posts on here, claiming that there was no way to convict him.
I was surprised because outside of Sherdog, I didn’t see people expressing this opinion anywhere else.
I really wish they’d have done a poll in the mega thread for the trial but I’m pretty sure the consensus was Man 2, possibly Murder 3 and everyone was turned off of Murder 2 due to the poor showing from the state. If anyone truly believed Chauvin didn’t deserve prison time they’re dumb as shit. I’ve seen officers sued into poverty for far, far less than what he did.

Yeah, I could see how that would make sense. A large portion of Minneapolis is full of hipsters who talk about how awesome it is to live in such a progressive city, but rarely venture out of their class segregated neighborhoods (e.g. Lyn-Lake, Bryn Mawr). North Minneapolis is a whole nother story though. The trends people confused around here were remote workers leaving the city for exurban areas, and a fleeing of a city due to unrest and potential crime increase. June was when local companies announced they would be allowing people to remain remote workers even after the pandemic was over.

Their defunding is largely exaggerated in national media. They want to allocate funds and triage more calls to first responders and mental health/crisis counselors instead of police. They also don't want police to do traffic stops unless a fugitive is involved, but rather expand parking enforcement to identify and cite moving violations. They want police to be used only when necessary.

Yeah we were talking about that in another thread (trying to tweak who responds to what calls--not Twin Cities specific but in general). There are definitely certain calls where armed police aren't the ones best equipped to deal with it. It's tricky. One part being logistics. Cops are already out patrolling, if there's a call that it seems like a mental health professional is better equipped...what if the nearest available one is 30 or 40 minutes from being able to get there? With cops, there's almost always gonna be a squad car that can get there within minutes. That said, the tread we were talking about it in was with a woman who'd taken like a $13 item from a store. She had dementia or something, and the cops were super rough with her and injured her. This is an older woman, zero threat, and cop seemed to be enjoying it. Asshole got fired I think, he should probably be charged. But that's a spot where armed officers weren't needed (obviously most wouldn't do what that shithead did, they'd use a gentle approach, but still). But then you have a case like Walter Wallace jr where it's a guy who clearly needed mental health help, but he was a huge strong guy with a giant knife. You can send a social worker or mental health pro there, but that's dangerous. Sure, you'd have cops there first but you're still putting another person in danger. And odds are cops would have had to shoot him anyway. So the big thing is figuring out what situation warrants what. I think if done right it could be beneficial but there's so little margin for error...

So you're switching the narrative? This is the first time you've asked me that question. I think you're confusing me with someone else but feel free to post anything I've said otherwise.

You're being dishonest as you always come from a Democrat mindset. That's fine but no reason to lie. You're not a Republican
Or just not Republican enough? RINOs are still Republicans.

The pressure on the jury was immense, but likely would have been even greater on a single judge imo. I think the jury trial was the right move and they can’t penalize chauvin with more time because he chose to exercise his rights. At least with a jury, there is some more anonymity with being one of twelve.

I am surprised he was guilty on all counts. I have said since the beginning that it was manslaughter all the way. The murder charge with intent was the surprise for me because it meant that he meant to kill him.

Does he deserve to be in prison? Absolutely, but not for the same amount of time as some shitbag doing a drive-by.
I just read this article and thought it was relevant to the conversation we had about this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/other-ex-officers-charged-george-211446249.html

They call this place Sherfront for a reason. Lots of closet racists feel comfortable to come out of hiding here. They can't do it in real life because they'd be cancelled.

I’m done with south minneapolis. Bunch of self-loathing woketards and increasingly hoodlums. That said, it doesn’t seem like property values have been affected other than really close to 38th and Chicago and even then, it’s more of a case of property values being lower than what they would be than tanking. And then that being said, probably a lot of it is driven by low interest rates and new construction failing to keep up with demand anyway.

They gave a "during a down period in his life, he had a few run ins with the law" type gloss over.
Of course.
2e830w.jpg

Its pathetic to see so many posters butt hurr that Chauvin was convicted. You clowns are so predictable.
We aren’t upset that he was convicted. We are upset that another American norm was just trashed by the left, and never coming back.

you do not get to intimidate a jury. You do not get to have a ranking democrat whipping up a mobs fury right outside the courthouse. Demanding a guilty verdict. This is America, nobody gets to demand anything of a jury.

And the jurors can’t be afraid for their lives and well being. But every juror knew that if they didn’t find chauvin guilty, they will lose their jobs, not be able to get hired anywhere, and have BLM on their front lawn. God forbid someone actually hurts them.

And i think you’re a trash panda.

They are even going back to punish witnesses for the prosecution. Unheard of.

this is a straight Soviet style political trial with political reprisals.

The letter said Fowler's testimony and conclusions were outside the bounds of accepted forensic practice and all of his previous work should be questioned, The Baltimore Sunreported.

professionals are on notice, if you dare give testimony that is deemed to help someone accused of a political crime, you will be punished. They will come for you.

They must all be Dr tobins and in the tank for the left

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ports-reviewed.html?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
Back