Crime Minneapolis bracing for unrest (UPDATE: Chauvin Found Guilty)

The jury decision was unnanimous, and there is no evidence any of them attended a Floyd protest.

I would not put the odds of a re-trial as high. And the Federal Government can still bring charges against Chauvin.

I disagree that it is not high. Hell, with the pressure to convict I figured there might be a chance. Don’t get me wrong, I think he was guilty, but with all the attention on this case, I am not sure how he could have gotten a fair trial-but attending a rally wearing that shirt and him saying they were ready to convict before the trial was even over-I am betting he gets a new trial

I think that his shirt would say that he wasn’t a fair and impartial juror. He wanted on that jury badly and I think this definitely opens up a reason to appeal. I have seen appeals for less. One guy around here shot and killed a guy and got an appeal because he argued that his bullet wasn’t the fatal shot because more people were shooting. He is on video shooting the guy btw. This guy going to a rally wearing that shirt would certainly leave questions about his impartiality. Plus he said they were ready to convict before the trial was over.
Nobody is entirely impartial. It's not possible. Saying you're ready to convict before the trial? Yes, that's a problem. But not the shirt imo.

Back