Mike Winkeljohn: Fedor is an easy fight for Jon Jones or Andrei Arlovski

So easy in fact AA won their first meeting with ease!!!

fedor-ko-o.gif

yes!!

I love Fedor as much as the next guy and that's one of my favorite KOs. But Andrei was sticking it to him pretty decently before the KO

Arlovski did really well against Fedor and it looked like he was going to win by KO/TKO until he got knocked out. But that's Arlovski for you, he's got a decent chin but his opponents tend to hit the right spot and knock him out cold. We also saw that in Arlovski vs Mir, Arlovski was very afraid to commit to any punches. Based on that fight and the fact that he got knocked out silly by Fedor, I would have Fedor as the clear favourite.

Arlovski did really well against Fedor and it looked like he was going to win by KO/TKO until he got knocked out. But that's Arlovski for you, he's got a decent chin but his opponents tend to hit the right spot and knock him out cold. We also saw that in Arlovski vs Mir, Arlovski was very afraid to commit to any punches. Based on that fight and the fact that he got knocked out silly by Fedor, I would have Fedor as the clear favourite.

Arlovski was only throwing with the right hand in the mir fight,because the left was constantly protecting his chin. Thats why Mir just stood there,waiting for him to throw,because he knew he was only throwing right hands and was anticipating that,and waiting to counter. Arlovski saw he wasnt intimidated and so they just stood staring at each other.

Jones first fight at heavy weight then 205 title shot . Goat warpath for jones

He's so strong from his Sambo days, very tight with his body locks.. Top quality analysis right there.

In other words, wink wants to push his fighter but is not saying anything of substance.

whatever he smokes... he should stop doing it

Fedor would KO Andrei again...There are a million gifs of AA punches wiffing and hitting air...He never even touched fedor

Whether it's the bee gees or the trap queen, it's no problem for the emperor.

Jones would murder Fedor.

Andrei, would likely tool Fedor, but he's got that knack for getting hit in the chin that gives anyone with power a legit chance to beat him.

I think Jones destroys Fedor. AA could go either way. AA just needs to protect his chin which he seems to be getting better at since joining Wink.

This.
AA was able to back him up in the corner, but we saw how that ended.

People need to re-watch the fight.

If you don't think AA was clearly winning before his flying knee attempt, you're an idiot.

It's kind of crazy that everyone forgets that

Because a lot of people only remember what they want to remember. I had money on Fedor and I was worried the whole fight. Of course, I almost nutted everywhere when Fedor connected.

If you don't think AA was clearly winning before his flying knee attempt, you're an idiot.

He was winning from activity. Not because he was landing anything significant.

And then 3 minutes in he got KO'd.

Arlovski did well at keeping busy for 3 minutes and then he was finished. People like to act as if Arlovski dominated the right for 5 rounds or something.

This is what I am talking about...AA didn't land anything...I thought we all agreed on this years ago.

He peppered Fedor. So he did land something, nothing devastating.

That's the thing the post Unified Rules guys don't understand.
You constantly hear them say that someone was "winning before they lost". That can matter, but it has to be by a great margin.

For example, in the old days, Guy Mezger was schooling Wanderlei for several minutes. Guy's technique and understanding of range was much better than Wand's. Guy is and was simply a much better kickboxer.
That does no good if Wand can change the complexion of the fight with a single devastating punch (followed by a headbutt-LOL, followed by KO). Guy could have landed 20 hard punches that would not have had this effect.

I'd say Mendes was beating down Conor by a far worse margin than Andrei was "beating" Fedor.

It's dying, but the 'finishing school' is still alive. Conor showed that.
People say that at no point was Anderson winning against Weidman, but we also know that he was never winning against Chael, Hendo, Vitor, Bonnar, and Lutter. He got them all in a few seconds.

Jones would completely destroy Fedor but Arlovski? I'm not so sure

He was winning from activity. Not because he was landing anything significant.

And then 3 minutes in he got KO'd.

Arlovski did well at keeping busy for 3 minutes and then he was finished. People like to act as if Arlovski dominated the right for 5 rounds or something.

He was dominating the fight just like Beth Correira was early in her fight!

This is what I am talking about...AA didn't land anything...I thought we all agreed on this years ago.

Zuffa Zombies have done a good job building up a fantasy of Fedor as a sloppy brawler since.

The ironic thing is that for all the talk of evolution Fedor's head movement is something that really nobody since has replicated, not showboating like Anderson was much of the time or vs panicky opponents throwing ultra sloppy offence but able to avoid punches by strong technical boxers like Arlovski, Crocop, Hunt and Nog.

It's kind of crazy that everyone forgets that

Andrei was ahead but barely, he wasn't landing anything solid. There were a bunch of slow motion gifs after the fight that supposedly showed Andrei's best shots and they were all grazing shots or punches to the chest or shoulders.

"Oh you know, I have not even spoke to Jon about it, but looking at how, you know, Fedor's fights towards the end of his career [went], I think unless he changed something I think it's an easy fight for Jon," the striking coach said.

i3ggux.jpg

Not a 28 year old Fedor....

Fedor is 38, going on 39 and hasn't fought in like 3 years. Even then, he fought lesser fighters after a 3 fight losing streak. I don't think what Wink is saying is outrageous at all.

:rolleyes: The fact that he said his guy would make it look easy is why I started the thread, I also started the thread so people could debate it. It wasn't just because Wink picked his fighters win.

Fedor vs Arlovsky is a toss up for me. I think Fedor would have to get the fight to the ground next time around. Sure, he has a puncher's chance (as he proved), but I don't think Andrei will make the same defensive mistakes the second time around.

Jones would destroy Fedor, in my opinion. I just don't think it's the same Fedor. He would have to make a huge statement in his comeback fight for me to think he has a chance against Jones.

Fedor would crack Arlovski again imo. Jones on the other hand destroys Fedor and leaves his fanboys crying rivers.

Jones would dismantle Fedor at this point

And he would have beaten Fedor in a cage at any moment imo. People don't quite realize how great Jones is, they let their hatred take over their judgement. Also, Fedor did pretty bad in a cage, it is a fact and I don't think age had much to do with that. He fought for years in a right under different rules, Jones would take him down and elbow him until he starts bleeding (Fedor was a massive bleeder and he got cut easily) and there you have a tko stoppage. And same would have applied for a prime Fedor.

Back