Mike Winkeljohn: Fedor is an easy fight for Jon Jones or Andrei Arlovski

people only remember the last 10 seconds of AA vs Fedor,and think that the whole fight was like that,but it wasnt. Mostly Feeling each other out,and missed punches.

I think Arlovski would see Jesus again if he fights Theodore. Jones on the other hand would be a difficult fight for him

This is the logical conclusion I reached as well, and most probably would.

AA looked crappy even against a more crappy looking Mir

Jones hasn't declined but may have ring rust, be mentally distracted.

Fedor was so good,that if you even land a jab and a few teep kicks on him,everyone completley loses their shit

I agree. Arlovski was running a clinic on Fedor the first time they fought. Since then Arlovski has improved, and Fedor has faded.

Running a clinic, lol what are you guys on? AA landed a few shots nothing major, few tie ups, then got k.o.

i think fedor would have a tougher time against andrei then jones.

i don't think jones would be able to last a round.

I love Fedor as much as the next guy and that's one of my favorite KOs. But Andrei was sticking it to him pretty decently before the KO

Edit: somebody beat me to saying it

Hey man not cool. Those are Oveteem fan excuses.

Prime Fedor would fucking ragdoll Jones, this should not be a question. However, Fedor has fought many wars and has taken damage and is not exactly a kid anymore while Jones is so obviously Jones would have the upper hand but I would not be very surprised if Fedor somehow beat Jones even at this point in his life.

Prime Fedor would fucking ragdoll Jones, this should not be a question. However, Fedor has fought many wars and has taken damage and is not exactly a kid anymore while Jones is so obviously Jones would have the upper hand but I would not be very surprised if Fedor somehow beat Jones even at this point in his life.

An Olympic wrestler couldn't ragdoll Jones but Fedor would? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Has Wink trained any notable fighter that isn't super athletic compared to their peers? IVF is the closest I can think of, and he's mostly known as being durable.

An Olympic wrestler couldn't ragdoll Jones but Fedor would? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

I don't think he would "ragdoll" Jones but theres a big difference between Fedor and Cormier. The latter might be a great wrestler but he is fairly predictable and not that fast, Fedor's speed and aggression would IMHO potentially make takedowns for either man(Fedor or Jones) more likely.

The big differences though would be striking wise I think Fedor was a better boxer in his prime(even as far as the Arlovski fight) who was much better able to threaten opponents from the lonmger range Jones works at plus of course much more dangerous off of his back.

EDIT: Didn't read the thread, reposted gifs.

"It was really deceptive watching it live"

Same goes for Vitor/Weidman. Watching it live made you think Vitor was close to knocking him out but replays show most of his punches were hitting Weidman's arms.

Its not like AA wasn't doing pretty well until he charged into him with his hands down.

Apparently there's a platoon of morons in this thread that disagree.

What ever.

I don't think anyone is in disagreement of who was winning it's more about by how much. Arlovski was slightly ahead but landed nothing of significance then got KOed. It would be like if Lawler KOed Rory at the end of round 1 instead of just breaking his nose. Sure he was ahead but he was only ahead from pitter patter strikes.

I don't think anyone is in disagreement of who was winning it's more about by how much. Arlovski was slightly ahead but landed nothing of significance then got KOed. It would be like if Lawler KOed Rory at the end of round 1 instead of just breaking his nose. Sure he was ahead but he was only ahead from pitter patter strikes.

yeah i mean he was ahead but up until the final seconds it didnt mean much. He landed some kicks,most of his punches missed,but ok maybe he could win on agression but neither landed anything of significance until those closing moments where he had found the rhytm he needed,and was countering effectivley...and then 5 seconds later it was all over....those 3 or 4 strikes he landed,is ALL anyone wants to remember,as if the whole round was like that,but it wasnt. All one has to do is watch the fight to see this. Fedor was so dominant than anyone having any kind of success against him whatsoever gets greatly exaggerated.

I love Fedor as much as the next guy and that's one of my favorite KOs. But Andrei was sticking it to him pretty decently before the KO

Edit: somebody beat me to saying it

Actually he wasn't. There is an old thread on here slowing slow motion GIFs of all the strikes that Arlovski threw. Fedor slipped almost every single strike so at worst they grazed him.

All these years later with Fedor being inactive and possibly losing speed....who knows what would happen in a rematch though.

AA was in the zone at the very end of the round,for sure,but we're talkin about maybe 5 seconds before he launched himself into eternity.

Back