Mike Tyson and Kimbo Slice

Unknown Pleasures

--------------------------------------------------
@Gold
Reaction score
I journeyed off into the MMA forum and thought I'd share these nuggets of hilariousness from a thread about a yahoo article comparing Kimbo Slice to Mike Tyson.

Let's keep in mind here that Kimbo has like 2 pro MMA fights under his belt,

1) he beat Tank Abbott who was ~42 years old and had lost 8 of his last 9 fights
2) he beat Bo Cantrell who has lost more than he has won

The rest of his "career" has been against against guys like nightclub bouncers.

Some felt the comparison was ridiculous, but others could not deny that Kimbo compares quite well to Iron Mike:

--------------------------

"Let's not blow things out of proportion though, when you talk greats you mean guys like Joe Lewis, Ali, Foreman II, Klitchsyko (sp?). Tyson in his prime wouldn't fare too well against Sam Peter, Eddie Chambers, Wladamir, Ibragamov..."

-----------------------

This comes from a brown belt
"Tyson was never great. He was all hype. He beat a bunch of over the hill fighters in his youth and had train wreck appeal. He ducked Evander Hollyfield for YEARS. Tyson couldn't box. He could only brawl. Boxers gave him fits.

Tyson did force fans to watch.....

You sure you don't want to change your mind about a Tyson/Kimbo comparision?"

----------------------------------------

Below is someone taking umbrage that another poster claimed Tyson had a great chin:

Let's go back to this great chin comment, you do know he was knocked silly by Buster right?
And yes I do believe Sam Peter could beat him based on size, power, and chin. Not to mention that ever since he lost to Wladamir his technique has dramatically increased.

ARE THESE PEOPLE MENTALLY RETARDED?

Kimbo would crush Tyson at this point.

Tyson is in awful shape and is in his early 40's.

But yeah most people in the heavies and contenders are mentally insane.

Nevermind them fighting, that's too ridiculous to even reply to.

Kimbo isn't fit to wipe the asses of the men Tyson lost to, and that includes Danny Williams and Kevn McBride, both would embarrass Kimbo duly.

This coming from a guy who actually likes Kimbo, but would rather see him on Iron Ring.

Nevermind them fighting, that's too ridiculous to even reply to.

Kimbo isn't fit to wipe the asses of the men Tyson lost to, and that includes Danny Williams and Kevn McBride, both would embarrass Kimbo duly.

This coming from a guy who actually likes Kimbo, but would rather see him on Iron Ring.

You know, Kimbo is hot for Gary Shaw right now. He was at the fights over the weekend with Shaw. IF you look at how Kimbo has been built up into his near superstar status, beatng "MMA legend" Tank Abbott and the "very experienced" Bo Cantrell, I wouldn't be at all surprised f Shaw tried to get the legendary Tyson. Shaw has said that he thinks Kimbo can excell in both sports.

Couple that with the fact that Tyson always seems to have "financial woes," and is easily taken advantage of....

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Tyson turned down a 3rd fight with Evander, and that's a fight he actually COULD win at this point, and would sell a ton.

He's just not interested.

That said Gary does know how to build a Fighter, that much is true.

I have to laugh at all the MMA fans up Shaws ass right now.

Eveytime I see him I remember him in there with Corrales-
"Just lean on me, don't try to walk." *glances at camera*

There is a reason Gary Shaw promotes in MMA now, because boxers don't want anything to do with his slimeball fat ass.

Tyson is hardly going to turn down Holyfield and sign up for peanuts against a street fighter. Shit, he could have earned more fighting Bob Sapp in K1.

There is a reason Gary Shaw promotes in MMA now, because boxers don't want anything to do with his slimeball fat ass.

False.

Shaw actually has a pretty good stable of young Fighters who are willing to fight for him. He just doesn't utilize it as well as he could. They feel ignored by his MMA Promotion (this came from two guys who fight for him), but if he called and offered them money to fight, they'd do it.

False.

Shaw actually has a pretty good stable of young Fighters who are willing to fight for him. He just doesn't utilize it as well as he could. They feel ignored by his MMA Promotion (this came from two guys who fight for him), but if he called and offered them money to fight, they'd do it.

qzomsj.jpg

That's a great pic! I love the likeness of a fat Tyson, complete with Mao Tze Tung tattoo.

Oh and I would probably pic Kimbo too. Tyson doesn't have the fire for fighting anymore.

False.

Are these boxers who are worth screwing over?

If Mike got serious for a few months....got his head straight he would kill Kimbo....Im talking boxing, not MMA.....Tyson would not come close to beating Holyfield though....not even close if they had a 3rd fight/lunch buffet......

Back