Mike Tyson and Kimbo Slice

So no one believes me when I say he weighs 300 pounds. Bush league.

It would be an MMA fight and Kimbo would just have to tackle Tyson and it would be over from there.

It would be an MMA fight and Kimbo would just have to tackle Tyson and it would be over from there.

Not if Tyson trains with legendary MMA trainer....Joe Son.

I made the mistake or reading over some of the threads on the topic and offer up some random thoughts here.
I

looks like you need to add a few lbs

0519_mike_tyson_getty.jpg

JESUS CHRIST

*washes eyes in bleach*

I journeyed off into the MMA forum and thought I'd share these nuggets of hilariousness from a thread about a yahoo article comparing Kimbo Slice to Mike Tyson.

Let's keep in mind here that Kimbo has like 2 pro MMA fights under his belt,

1) he beat Tank Abbott who was ~42 years old and had lost 8 of his last 9 fights
2) he beat Bo Cantrell who has lost more than he has won

The rest of his "career" has been against against guys like nightclub bouncers.

Some felt the comparison was ridiculous, but others could not deny that Kimbo compares quite well to Iron Mike:

--------------------------

"Let's not blow things out of proportion though, when you talk greats you mean guys like Joe Lewis, Ali, Foreman II, Klitchsyko (sp?). Tyson in his prime wouldn't fare too well against Sam Peter, Eddie Chambers, Wladamir, Ibragamov..."

-----------------------

This comes from a brown belt
"Tyson was never great. He was all hype. He beat a bunch of over the hill fighters in his youth and had train wreck appeal. He ducked Evander Hollyfield for YEARS. Tyson couldn't box. He could only brawl. Boxers gave him fits.

Tyson did force fans to watch.....

You sure you don't want to change your mind about a Tyson/Kimbo comparision?"

----------------------------------------

Below is someone taking umbrage that another poster claimed Tyson had a great chin:

Let's go back to this great chin comment, you do know he was knocked silly by Buster right?
And yes I do believe Sam Peter could beat him based on size, power, and chin. Not to mention that ever since he lost to Wladamir his technique has dramatically increased.

ARE THESE PEOPLE MENTALLY RETARDED?

Great Post man!, yes this people are mentally ill, for sure.

A prime Mike (1986) could and would beat any heavyweight that had ever lived, including a great Joe lowis (who weighted around 195 pounds), Ali, Frazier, mention anyone, a prime and focused Mike would have knock him out, for sure.

Tyson during his "Prime" is on Top of the Boxing World; Kimbo has not even accomplished anything in fighting or MMA. A comparison wih Tyson is pointless.

Tyson turned down a 3rd fight with Evander, and that's a fight he actually COULD win at this point, and would sell a ton.

No, he couldn't win that fight at this point. He hasn't won a fight since 2003, and hasn't even fought in 2 years. Conversely, Evander has gone 4-1 in the last few years and has gone 12 rounds twice during that stretch. Tyson couldn't even compete when they both could fight a bit, so he would get absolutely fucking pulverized now by a geriatric EH. The only thing he COULD actually do in this fight is take an ass kicking of the highest order. And oh yea, Kimbo KO1 Tyson. Tyson is finished, done, kaput.

Tyson looks fat and content. He might be broke, but he has always found outlets to earn some money. His past accomplishments and reputation so far has kept him living fairly well.

As far as fighting again, I wouldn't approve. And I believe to a certain extent, Tyson has called it quits completely. I have never seen him this out-of-shape. Even though he is not a saint and a lot of the problems he has deal with in life are self-inflicted, I wish the best for him. Hope he lives happily from now on and just enjoy life and find comfort with his family.

Sushi!!! Haven't seen you in a while? Working hard?

Yup, been working alot and been traveling like a madman for both biz and pleasure. I've been checking in though. I just take potshots wherever needed, but haven't been inspired to really write much as of late. I go through periods where I'll write quite a bit, and then disappear for awhile. But I'm always lurking.

Back