News Mike Tyson admits to Jeff Novitzky that he cheated in his prime

Let's not act like Berbick or anybody Mike has beaten was elite. There's not an elite name on his resume and that's why he's the most overrated HW in boxing.
I’m not arguing whether he was elite or not… Don’t know why you are contesting that… I’m saying that in my opinion he would have beaten all those that he beat irrespective of whether he was juicing.

I’m not arguing whether he was elite or not… Don’t know why you are contesting that… I’m saying that in my opinion he would have beaten all those that he beat irrespective of whether he was juicing.
Yeah, you're probably right. Although a part of me thinks Spinks or Holmes might've given him a bit more trouble.

I can just about accept that he wasn’t a steroid user considering no one has ever found an off season photo of him without the muscle mass. He did get fat at one stage but even then you could see he still had the muscle mass.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it ever came out he did use but I think it’s possible he was clean. There’s only one Mike Tyson after all.

190 pounds at 12/13 is harder to get my head around. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was actually 15 passing him off as 13 or if he was jacked in the photo’s but he was actually 170 jacked, not 190 jacked. Hard to tell how much someone weighs in a photo.

Either way it sounds fishy, as Teddy Atlas said Tyson was a guy who would help an old Lady across the road to rob her on the other side.

IDK if he did or didn't. Ever, I mean. Lots of guys at least try. Mike was always in shape. They needed to get him experience in the amateurs. And he was a huge kid. Atlas says Mike regularly fought older dudes because of his size. Likely fucked up a lot of 13-year-old kids as well.

But the notion that he was poorer than hell and someone basically made him a lab experiment before he met Cus, or even that Cus and Atlas would do that, is further off to me than some guys going through puberty earlier than others.

IIRC this story of him using a whizzinator was actually because he didn't want to get busted for cocaine... I feel like I heard that 5 years ago

I can just about accept that he wasn’t a steroid user considering no one has ever found an off season photo of him without the muscle mass. He did get fat at one stage but even then you could see he still had the muscle mass.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it ever came out he did use but I think it’s possible he was clean. There’s only one Mike Tyson after all.

190 pounds at 12/13 is harder to get my head around. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was actually 15 passing him off as 13 or if he was jacked in the photo’s but he was actually 170 jacked, not 190 jacked. Hard to tell how much someone weighs in a photo.

Either way it sounds fishy, as Teddy Atlas said Tyson was a guy who would help an old Lady across the road to rob her on the other side.
Were steroids even considered cheating back in the early to mid 1980s?? I feel like they were looked at as just a really good supplement. I thought it was only in the late 1980s, like 1988 in that Olympic sprinting contest, that they became a big deal.

This is literally nothing new. I remember him saying this years ago too. And he isn't admitting PED use. He has always said it was to hide his cocaine use (and other drugs). But if a guy is willing to go into the ring on cocaine, of course he would use roids too. Ask Jon Jones.

I think he has outright admitted steroid use, but I'm not 100% firm on that, either way I'm completely confident that Holyfield was on them in both fights, and likely Lennox Lewis as well.

He admitted this years ago.

People will generally only accept that he was using it to hide recreational drugs.

If Teddy Atlas vouches you were 200 pounds at 13 that’s better than DNA evidence apparently.

One thing I have to say is that most 5’ 10” dudes would struggle to hit 220 if they did nothing but lift weights and use hardcore steroids like Tren. For Tyson to weigh that much at that height whilst allegedly not lifting (except for shrugs apparently) and doing tons of cardio is insane.

Only a couple of generations earlier Rocky Marciano was HW champ whilst being around an inch taller than Tyson and weighed in as light as 175 sometimes - that’s a whopping 45 pounds less than Tyson.
yes 5'10" and 220lbs of muscle is a stretch. Basically that would make him a UFC heavyweight fighing at 5'10".
the ONLY UFC HW I recall being like that is Cormier and he had, we all know, a LOT of bodyfat. Far far far more than Tyson.

So whilst Tyson may say "oh it was because I wanted to smoke weed" I don't believe that for a minute. They're not gonna cancel a Tyson fight (MASSIVE money) cos he pops for having smoked weed recently, nope.

So I think it was PEDs, just my view. Not that it matters now, and no i'm not in the slightest bit surprised.

TS is blatantly making it seem that Tyson admitted to using in the 80's with Rooney/Cus when that's not what I'm getting from this.

He calls Mike the most overrated hw boxer of all time and then alluded to Spinks and Holmes having a better shot if Mike wasn't on p.e.d.s.

If anyone knows Mike's career we would know he's most likely talking about recreational drugs (Cocaine) and by the time he'd be using his wife and kids pee is not the 'prime' anybody on the planet thinks of when talking Iron Mike.

Competitive sports = Competitive Drug use.

Professional Sports are quite honestly a joke. Its more entertainment than anything. The person who is roided out of their mind turns into a shell of their former self once the juice leaves their system. We have seen numerous examples of this.

People cheat for way less than theses top athletes do.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/b...-it-mike-tyson-pleads-guilty-to-cheating/amp/

Arguably one of the greatest boxers of all time, Mike Tyson has admitted to cheating on his previous drug tests. Speaking on his podcast with current Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance for the UFC, Jeff Novitzky, the former heavyweight champion pleaded guilty and stated that he has used a “Whizzinator” in his previous drug tests.

Tyson said, “It was awesome, man. I put my baby’s urine in it. And sometimes, one time I was using my wife’s and my wife was like ‘Baby you better not hope that it comes back pregnant or something.’ And I said Nah, so we ain’t gonna use you any more, we’re gonna use the kid. Cuz I got scared that the pi** might come back pregnant.”

Damn, that's disappointing.
View attachment 813531

Thoughts?
You thought Mike was clean? Do you think boxers are clean? Probably the majority of his opponents were on something.

He admitted this years ago.

People will generally only accept that he was using it to hide recreational drugs.

If Teddy Atlas vouches you were 200 pounds at 13 that’s better than DNA evidence apparently.

One thing I have to say is that most 5’ 10” dudes would struggle to hit 220 if they did nothing but lift weights and use hardcore steroids like Tren. For Tyson to weigh that much at that height whilst allegedly not lifting (except for shrugs apparently) and doing tons of cardio is insane.

Only a couple of generations earlier Rocky Marciano was HW champ whilst being around an inch taller than Tyson and weighed in as light as 175 sometimes - that’s a whopping 45 pounds less than Tyson.
He was 210 pounds at the age of 16. I'm pretty sure he wasn't using then. He always had massive thighs and hips which gave him possible the most explosive tork ever. He just had a stocky body type from the beginning on. He always looked way smaller than most of his opponents.

Back