News Mike Tyson admits to Jeff Novitzky that he cheated in his prime

Everyone was juiced back then. A lot still are today.

I always knew this about him but his delusional fans still thought this guy never used peds.

I bet it goes as far back as his days in catskills. 190lbs of muscle as a 13 year old huh I wonder how.

You are wrong. No way he had access to PED as a poor 13 years old kid.
He obviously fails the eye test in the second part of his career and he was probably using sometihing earlier too but c'mon...the guy wasn't juicing at 13/14!

When it comes to juicing in combat sports back then or now, the better question would be who is NOT juicing? It seems like non juicers are the minority.

Rin Nakai Av, nice!
tenor.gif

When he ironed out Trevor Berbick, you can bet he was clean. And that Mike Tyson irons out everybody anyway,

Let's not act like Berbick or anybody Mike has beaten was elite. There's not an elite name on his resume and that's why he's the most overrated HW in boxing.

Mike came to Cus at age 12 and at 190 pounds?

If he was clean he is one of the biggest genetic freaks ever in sports.

A 12 year old kid as big as the Heavyweight champion of the world a couple of generations earlier? 12 fucking years old?! Most 19 year old kids are still a way off filling out.

The only evidence that he weighed that is "Teddy and Cus said it and Teddy's a straight shooter". Both of them had an interest in hyping Tyson.

Something doesn't add up. Maybe he was 15 and they were passing him off as 12.

I actually think pretty much everyone from Ali’s generation were clean.

Admitting something to the golden snitch is just plain dumb. This is plastered allover the news, whatever

Everything pre-July 2015, pre USADA is a wash. Get over it.
How is USADA relevant? this isn't UFC.
People cheat USADA today as well. Hell even GSP said it's not that hard to cheat USADA.
Until very recently we found out Russia has been cheating the Olympics by replacing piss jars through a hole in the wall, unless u live under a rock.

If he was clean he is one of the biggest genetic freaks ever in sports.

A 12 year old kid as big as the Heavyweight champion of the world a couple of generations earlier? 12 fucking years old?! Most 19 year old kids are still a way off filling out.

The only evidence that he weighed that is "Teddy and Cus said it and Teddy's a straight shooter". Both of them had an interest in hyping Tyson.

Something doesn't add up. Maybe he was 15 and they were passing him off as 12.

I actually think pretty much everyone from Ali’s generation were clean.
There are pictures of him when young. Everyone can look them up. Tons of documentaries of him.

It's not completely unheard of. I remember back in elementary some guys grew up fast. A few were grown at age 12-13.

And then there's the part that Tyson's mom was a poor prostitute and his dad wasn't around. Had to steal. There are no roids when bread is hard to come by.

I think Mike most likely juiced but I'm pretty sure he was talking about cocaine and other hard drugs in that quote.

Also between he and Holyfield it was a lot more evident that Holyfield benefited from steroid use. And he was actually caught with HGH.

Mike had incredible muscle mass at a young age. He was already 190 lbs at age 12-14 according to Teddy Atlas who hates Tyson's guts and has no reason to lie.

How is USADA relevant? this isn't UFC.
People cheat USADA today as well. Hell even GSP said it's not that hard to cheat USADA.
Until very recently we found out Russia has been cheating the Olympics by replacing piss jars through a hole in the wall, unless u live under a rock.
You know what I mean, goof. All you whiners complaining about legends popping when most of the guys they fought popped as well. It's a wash. All that era. Bleeds into boxing and Tyson as well - you think Evander Holyfield looking like Mr. Olympia was clean? Who was clean? Nobody? Then why does it matter?

They upgraded the barometer with USADA for UFC - that's the new bar. Like making weight, passing the USADA test is part of the contest now. If you can't pass it - you suck and deserve to get the NC and shit for it. If you can pass it, though - however and on whatever you're doing it - good on you.

But you guys bitching about cheating in eras where the bar was lower and everyone was blatantly doing it - shaaaaaaat aaahp.

There are pictures of him when young. Everyone can look them up. Tons of documentaries of him.

It's not completely unheard of. I remember back in elementary some guys grew up fast. A few were grown at age 12-13.

And then there's the part that Tyson's mom was a poor prostitute and his dad wasn't around. Had to steal. There are no roids when bread is hard to come by.

I can just about accept that he wasn’t a steroid user considering no one has ever found an off season photo of him without the muscle mass. He did get fat at one stage but even then you could see he still had the muscle mass.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it ever came out he did use but I think it’s possible he was clean. There’s only one Mike Tyson after all.

190 pounds at 12/13 is harder to get my head around. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was actually 15 passing him off as 13 or if he was jacked in the photo’s but he was actually 170 jacked, not 190 jacked. Hard to tell how much someone weighs in a photo.

Either way it sounds fishy, as Teddy Atlas said Tyson was a guy who would help an old Lady across the road to rob her on the other side.

This is a fantasy land forum where only evil doers like Jon Jones are cheaters.

^grown ass men believe that. Sad.

Not surprised. Everyone is on steroids. Iron Mike included. Get over it and enjoy the fights.
Glad so many people agree on this nowadays.

Back