Mike Goldberg

Yeah, that was not comparable in my opinion as well.. Colby saying he would have Jon killed is obviously 0% credible… as opposed using Leon’s father’s murder to sell ppv’s… Jon was basically saying why weren’t people outraged on his behalf like they were outraged for Leon… lame take.

100%. Exactly. They were not comparable, he just wanted to be apart of the story. Very lame.

When I watch old fights, I'm reminded about how horrible he was as commentator. Makes me realize how much better Anik is.

Id trade Jon Anik for Mike Goldberg. At least for UFC 300.

regardless he didn´t understand the sport well enough for such a high position

Lots of people hate DC, but one has to recognise that he truly loves the game. When in the booth, he is like a kid in a candy store, and that kind of energy is a hell of an asset.

24qw5q.jpg

Why'd they get rid of him and yet keep Joe?
Specifically to bring in Anik?

He has his place in UFC history but it was time for him to go I feel the same about Rogan.

I think Bellator fired him as well. He was an announcer for the NFL for 1 game. He was so bad they didn't give him a second chance. Pretty sure he was the only person so bad they fired them after 1 game.

He is has a good voice but is lazy. He doesn't learn the sport or the players.

https://www.bellator.com/

Goldberg was fucking awful. It was like watching an excited ADHD kid try to explain something he knew absolutely nothing about.

In all seriousness… I enjoyed Goldie.. probably because that’s just what the UFC was when I started watching decades ago..Goldie and Rogan got me pumped up after the gladiator intro.

If you haven’t heard Goldie’s take on his contract not being renewed after 20 years in the UFC, here you go… in a nutshell, Goldie seems like a decent dude. He talks about being bummed for all his co-workers who were let go after the WME buyout, and how after 20 years, Dana didn’t have the courtesy to say a word to him. In the interview, Goldberg doesn’t say a bad word about Dana despite this. Says a lot about his character. For those that don’t know or don’t remember, UFC 207 was Goldberg’s last event… and not a peep during the event about it being his last.

He’s never explicitly said why he was fired, not once. Why not air it out in the open? Otherwise, it was the right decision to make.

He didn't have a lot of insight and didn't really offer much, but he was definitely excited and engaged as a fan. In that way he was a lot more like a regular fan just watching a fight and reacting to it.

Rogan just likes to focus on tiny details and ignores everything that the fighter he doesn't like is doing completely. DC is a shill. Anik is even more of a shill, somehow.

Goldie wasn't the best commentator ever but he was better than they have now

Back