Mike Goldberg

I think Anik is pretty good at his job but he seems kind of like a douchebag.. inserting himself into the Covington-Edwards drama by saying Colby said just as bad things about him, when it wasn't even comparable.. guy is a little too self-important for my liking.
Yeah, that was not comparable in my opinion as well.. Colby saying he would have Jon killed is obviously 0% credible… as opposed using Leon’s father’s murder to sell ppv’s… Jon was basically saying why weren’t people outraged on his behalf like they were outraged for Leon… lame take.

He was mostly terrible imo. Unfortunately the current team is bad too. Joe, DC and Anik being the worst trio. Cruz and Bisping are generally okay.
I always liked Frank Mir on commentary.

The UFC was so much better when Mike Goldberg was a commentator. Fights just felt way more exciting. You knew you were gonna hear him screaming "It is all over!!" when a knock out happened. Anyone else miss Mike Goldberg as commentator?

I made a thread about it when he was fired unfairly and I was surprised by how many supported the change. I never saw why they didn’t at least use him from time to time

I like Goldie. But I like pretty much all the new commentary teams as well. Much better than the Robin Blacks and Superfoot Wallaces of the world.

The UFC was so much better when Mike Goldberg was a commentator. Fights just felt way more exciting. You knew you were gonna hear him screaming "It is all over!!" when a knock out happened. Anyone else miss Mike Goldberg as commentator?

He'd also scream that quite a lot when a knockout didn't happen.

Mike also had the effect of making Joe Rogan seem smarter when they commentated :rolleyes:
This is actually part of his job. He would ask questions and make statements to Rogan, who is the more experienced combat sports athlete, so that Rogan could respond in a way that the viewer could be educated about what they are seeing.

He was good. Sad UFC didn't mention on his last event that it was his last. Disrespectful. He'd been around since the early days.

What was worse in my opinion, and IIRC,
Joe had just made an interview talking about how good a job Mike did and how he could not do Mikes job. Then Mike gets canned and not a word from Joe..

And Mike is the guy that got offered a lot of cash from WWE to sabotage an event, Mike said no and went to work.

What was worse in my opinion, and IIRC,
Joe had just made an interview talking about how good a job Mike did and how he could not do Mikes job. Then Mike gets canned and not a word from Joe..

And Mike is the guy that got offered a lot of cash from WWE to sabotage an event, Mike said no and went to work.
<WhitmanDefeat>

That gives me the schlitz............

1703661538614.png

The colour of his voice kinda was the synonym of the UFC, but if you actually listened to what he said he was pretty terrible...

Back