Miguel Torres gets kicked in the knee Jones-style, and it implodes

its illegal in kickboxing.

i dont have any moral position on it, i'm indifferent. if a fighter signs up for it in an mma fight, then he knows what he's getting himself into.

but in the case of kickboxing, if it's illegal then the ref should do whatever is necessary according to the rules.

somehow he went on to lose that fight in UD. wouldnt thought he wouldve won via DQ lol

Yikes. Never been a fan of those kicks.

His ass should have been disqualified. It is illegal

Yep. I wouldnt be surprised if they scored it as a knockdown or something though. Kind of like mike goldberg saying nice body shots by coleman as mark coleman punches shogun in the groin

Yep. I wouldnt be surprised if they scored it as a knockdown or something though. Kind of like mike goldberg saying nice body shots by coleman as mark coleman punches shogun in the groin

Wouldnt be shocked. The refs last night were fucking up in almost every fight.

This was the worst display or refereeing i have ever seen in a event as a whole

What the hell is poor Torres doing in kicboxing anyway, after losing via KO to Desmon Green out of all people....

Exactly what I was thinking - a guy renowned early in his career for his grappling starts to get KO'd and decides to go into Kickboxing.......

:icon_neut

Exactly what I was thinking - a guy renowned early in his career for his grappling starts to get KO'd and decides to go into Kickboxing.......

:icon_neut

Next up, pat barry metamoris. Just tell him he gets to grapple someone he respects and is allowed to hug them til time runs out

What else happened - cliffs?

2 handed clinch with multiple knees thrown throughout the night( the veterans were the only ones doing it correctly)

Knockdowns that should be scored werent. And obvious slips were scored as knockdowns. Grabbing leg and striking the opponent while going forward.

Then you had this. Total cluster fuck

2 handed clinch with multiple knees thrown throughout the night( the veterans were the only ones doing it correctly)

Knockdowns that should be scored werent. And obvious slips were scored as knockdowns. Grabbing leg and striking the opponent while going forward.

Then you had this. Total cluster fuck

LOL classic Texas martial arts.

Are oblique kicks to the knee illegal in Kickboxing?

That looked like it hit the side of the knee, not the thigh. It could just be the speed at which the knee buckled. Right now its a freak occurance, but I can see that move getting some scrutiny and potentially a rule change if it happens a few more times, or in a high profile fight.

Right now its still much safer than heel hooks, checking kicks, blocking kicks with the forearms, and slams. Those are all still legal.

I believe the rule for those kicks is it has to be 1 inch above or below the knee. But with a small margin of error like that i thinks its up to the fighter to call it not something a ref can really see

Maybe if they called it a surprise kick, it wouldn't be considered so bad

friend just showed me this. man that looked brutal
the bad luck continues for Torres :/

Back