News Might be turning in my man card...

Damn right. When guys are over 40, dont try to move heavy shit unless you want lifelong back problems. Also those young guys getting paid to move the shit, they complain their asses off too.

Thats part of the problem for a lot of people, not enough of an ass as glutes take a lot of the pressure off of your lower back.

For Christmas, the wife and I bought a top of the line treadmill for our home workout area. The problem we found, is the damn thing weighed 300 pounds. We got it in the house fine, but couldn't imagine a World where we could get it upstairs with out bending staircase. I hired a moving company and for $125...they did it for me.

Is your wife able to help you lift it up the stairs or does she just watch and shout instructions?

She will get in there but that treadmill was other-Worldly heavy

I absolutely view the fact that my wife is physically strong (she used be a rower) as a distinct advantage when it comes to moving heavy things.

For Christmas, the wife and I bought a top of the line treadmill for our home workout area. The problem we found, is the damn thing weighed 300 pounds. We got it in the house fine, but couldn't imagine a World where we could get it upstairs with out bending staircase. I hired a moving company and for $125...they did it for me.

Am I...on the verge of cuck-life?
<FutbolThink>

The wife said that we had enough money to not hurt ourselves. She said I was more King than cuck.
<WhoJeff>
{<doc}
You guys ever hire someone to do something you couldn't physically do?
A workout room upstairs instead of in the basement? This is the real question.

Nothing to be ashamed for. You could injury yourself.

We are about the same age... at this point we start outsourcing the things we don't need to do.

I spent a few bucks on one of those moving straps... Goes over your shoulders across your chest then under whatever you're moving and is connected to your buddy on the other end.

But for this you need one friend or your wife might be able to pull it off... Otherwise, sire some sons and wait?

EDIT: or just pay the 125 and don't work about it.

I looked into that and it voids the warranty. IDK how they'd know but it was a $2000 treadmill. I'm not trying to throw that warranty away.

Fair play.

My workmate was saying today he always pays for movers and hes 6'6 360lbs. I think your man card will still be intact my friend.

Back