News Might be turning in my man card...

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For Christmas, the wife and I bought a top of the line treadmill for our home workout area. The problem we found, is the damn thing weighed 300 pounds. We got it in the house fine, but couldn't imagine a World where we could get it upstairs with out bending staircase. I hired a moving company and for $125...they did it for me.

Am I...on the verge of cuck-life?
<FutbolThink>

The wife said that we had enough money to not hurt ourselves. She said I was more King than cuck.
<WhoJeff>
{<doc}
You guys ever hire someone to do something you couldn't physically do?

For Christmas, the wife and I bought a top of the line treadmill for our home workout area. The problem we found, is the damn thing weighed 300 pounds. We got it in the house fine, but couldn't imagine a World where we could get it upstairs with out bending staircase. I hired a moving company and for $125...they did it for me.

Am I...on the verge of cuck-life?
<FutbolThink>

The wife said that we had enough money to not hurt ourselves. She said I was more King than cuck.
<WhoJeff>
{<doc}
You guys ever hire someone to do something you couldn't physically do?

Absolutely not how old are you? Don't you have any friends? Get 1 buddy to move it with you and you shoulda been fine unless your geriatric

Absolutely not how old are you? Don't you have any friends? Get 1 buddy to move it with you and you shoulda been fine unless your geriatric

I don't have a friends up this way unfortunately. I've been here since 2017 and who makes new friends after 30???

Throwing a bit of money out makes you feel bad for a moment, herniated disks can make you feel bad for life.

This was my thought on it. It wasn't as heavy as it was awkward.

No friend could help you moving that thing up?

With Covid and the fact I live in the boonies, not so much. My neighbor is a great guy but he's 70+

I tried to help a friend move a safe once but it was too heavy for us. He ended up calling a moving company and two little Mexican guys showed up and moved it like it was made out of Styrofoam. It was humbling to say the least....

I tried to help a friend move a safe once but it was too heavy for us. He ended up calling a moving company and two little Mexican guys showed up and moved it like it was made out of Styrofoam. It was humbling to say the least....

{<jordan}
They have a different knowledge than us regular people. Straps and pulleys and shit. I moved it like a casket.

{<jordan}
They have a different knowledge than us regular people. Straps and pulleys and shit. I moved it like a casket.
My old roommate was a mover and he was strong as fuck but you would never know from looking at him. Its a different kind of strength you get moving shit all day everyday than from going to a gym.

Honestly I would have done it solo because I hate feeling like I can't do something, I take it personally as a challenge.

Treadmills are tricky though because they are long wide and heavy so in the long run you made the smartest move.

I have an old school TV that's fat and heavy I'm dreading the day I have to throw it away. I too will probably pay someone to do it for me. Not worth the risk.

My old roommate was a mover and he was strong as fuck but you would never know from looking at him. Its a different kind of strength you get moving shit all day everyday than from going to a gym.

Same thing with wrestling and grappling. I knew a stick figure kid who had hands like clamps because of wrestling. He looked like nothing but could rag doll me like a bear

I've moved a few pianos and safes in my day, probably should have paid someone to be frank

Hell no... open a beer and watch someone else with the struggle. ... even better have them put it in 5 different spots so you can get the feel of the room and the best place for the old lady to use it while watching you push teh 315...

No big deal dude
Worked lot as truck load/unload and warehouse, remember being really douche proud about lift stuff heavier than myself (for super low pay while at it) as late teen/early 20s... then you grow up

You try do it, if seems too much and you have no friends to help, just call people that do that job, as you seen they probably have smarter way to do it lol

Last edited:
Back