Middleweight division is the worst it has been in years

im really enjoying the MW division ATM, bobby knuckles is a legit champ with an exciting fighting style.

If anything, Whittaker is criminally underrated. Dude is a beast.

If you are talking about Whittaker/Gastelum, those guys suffered at welterweight. They didn't have anywhere near the energy and ability that they do at MW right now. They suffer from having that "In-between" body...Where they suffer too much of a loss of performance to cut weight, and are somewhat undersized compared to the larger middleweights.

They use speed and technique to deal with that and it has worked out well for them.

This has to be the best UFC middleweight division ever at the moment. The only knock I have against it is the lack of Gegard Mousasi in the mix.

MW is now a haven for well rounded killers.
So weightcutting is just a waste of time And energy? Nah. Fighting bigger guys is normally a more difficult task, but the current division is full of old guys And has beens, so several fighters move up from WW to exploit the situation. We rarely see this, but the division is at its weakest, so this makes it possible.

You realize he had a mandatory title defense, since everyone knew Bisping lucked out and was given an unranked(Who of course jumps the rank to 10 after they announce the fight) Dan Henderson, which barely counts as defending your belt against top opponents. Yet GSP refused to defend his belt and instead retired.

You might be a really dedicated troll or you are the shizoid fringe that can't shut up despite everyone showing what a ridiculous fool you are.
So you Are trying to say I am wrong? That 3 WWs didn’t move up to MW to take advantage of a weak division? Or that they didn’t go straight to the top 5? Or am I wrong that GSP And Bisping were top 3 mws? Something they wouldn’t have been during Andersons reign. BTW, GSP is still ranked at mw...

I know it is easy to believe the hype. The UFC Are great at marketing, but you shouldn’t believe everything you hear. Conor is not the best LW of all time, Stipe is not the greatest HW of all time, And the MW division is not great right now. In a few years they will tell you something new, And it will make sense again, but it doesn’t mean it is true.

Last edited:
MW divsion is more stacked than FW, BW and Fly weight thats for sure

Jacare/Yoel/Luke/weidman/whittaker/Bisping

Vs

Holloway/Aldo/Frankie/Ortega/Cub/ Josh Emmett

Might even rival LHW

DC/ Gus/ Volkan/Glover/manuwa/Osp

Might rival LHW? It fucking trumps LHW. LHW is so bad.

The talent level has gone down tremendously over the past couple of years. Whittaker might be the most overated champion in UFC middleweight history. I mean what is he good at a part from getting close decision wins?

Also having Bisping as a champion for a long time and holding up the division kind of ruined it. None of these middleweights today would be able to beat the middleweights a few years ago. Silva, Belfort, prime chris weidman.

this:
Whittaker stopped Brunson/Jacare and Romero's great runs. 2 of which by nasty ko. Once he returns, all will be well

The talent level has gone down tremendously over the past couple of years. Whittaker might be the most overated champion in UFC middleweight history. I mean what is he good at a part from getting close decision wins?

Also having Bisping as a champion for a long time and holding up the division kind of ruined it. None of these middleweights today would be able to beat the middleweights a few years ago. Silva, Belfort, prime chris weidman.
I don't wish anyone dead but this post is borderline tempting me to but I will control myself. romero alone destroys any version of Silva, prime weidman (already did) and anyone for the matter. rockhold is past his prime now because bisping wrecked him. Until then possi Silva was actually afraid of fighting rockhold. There is proof. rockhold in his prime beat jacare.

Prime 2009 Silva destroys any MW who ever lived.

It's the best it's ever been imho. Lots of depth and some solid young talent coming up. It's too bad Gegard isn't around though.

Close decision wins?? You mean the two he had over Romero who's only lost to Whitaker in the UFC and rolled through the division. Since moving up to MW Whitaker has finished Jacare, Brunson, Tavares and Hester and his UD's have been clear. What are you talking about?

Whittaker is actually still underrated. Oh and the MW division has never been this good, despite Romero and Jacare being kind of old.

Yoel Romero might be one of the greatest MWs we've ever seen.
Whittaker, too.

There's Adesanya, Costa, Jacare, lots of great fighters.

Not at all bro. Gastelum vs Whittaker should be a top level title shot.it s true that there are many ageing middleweighs. Weidman has looked shitty since usasa came, rockhd never learned how to box and that a why he gets KFTO, Jacare is almost 40 and romsro is a beast but his future.might be at LHW. COSTA, adesanya.
There are talents bro and that EDMAN dude from the DWTNCS looked game as fuck.

Back