Middleweight division is the worst it has been in years

The division has been terrible for years. WWs are exploiting this moment, and moving up to get easier fights. We rarely see this, but suddenly we have 3 WWs in the top 5, and a bunch of "top" guys that never would have made it during Andersons reign.

Hell... I am not sure all of them can even beat the old, broken Anderson of 2018.

3?

Whittaker and Gastelum and who else?

3?

Whittaker and Gastelum and who else?
GSP came from a long retirement, And was straight away a top 5 fighter at mw. Then he retired again after winning the belt.
He was a WW his whole career.

Last edited:
This division is stacked

Whittaker
Romero
Jacare
Rockhold
Wiedman

Tell me a better top 5 in MMA

then you have

Gastum
brunson
silva
Machida
vitor
branch
costa
israel
Bisping
Hall
Santos(most Kos in ufc history)
Tavares
GSP
trevin giles
Anders
Jotko
Leties
Julian Marquez
Oskar Piechota
Karl Roberson
Eliaas Theodorou

you lost Moose

Middleweight is stacked

26 solid fighters right there

Go look at MW when Anderoid was champ. LMAO

GSP came from a long retirement, And was straight away a top 5 fighter at mw. Then he retired again after winning the belt.

GSP isn't ranked anymore didn't know he was being counted in the MW rankings. Forgot about him.

GSP isn't ranked anymore didn't know he was being counted in the MW rankings. Forgot about him.
He was ranked no 2 (behind Whittaker) when he beat Bisping. He is retired again, so he is off the rankings.

I think MW is pretty fucking stale right now. Yoel, Whittaker, Costa and Adesanya are the only guys I actually enjoy watching. Something about Weidman, Gastellum and the Rockholds I just don't give 2 shits about. So many guys in that division are stiff and basic. Its almost like MWs are too big to be quick and explosive but too small to have devastating power. Its just a dull shade of gray for me. Anybody else agree?

This MW division is far more stacked than the one Anderson Silva dominated.

I think MW is pretty fucking stale right now. Yoel, Whittaker, Costa and Adesanya are the only guys I actually enjoy watching. Something about Weidman, Gastellum and the Rockholds I just don't give 2 shits about. So many guys in that division are stiff and basic. Its almost like MWs are too big to be quick and explosive but too small to have devastating power. Its just a dull shade of gray for me. Anybody else agree?
I like the MW division, but I have to agree Not many of them are explosive (expetion bein the A level athlete Yoel)
It's still pretty stacked tho.

I like the MW division, but I have to agree Not many of them are explosive (expetion bein the A level athlete Yoel)
It's still pretty stacked tho.

Yea Romero's a fucking Tekken character dude lol . Maybe so many of the top guys have similar styles, idk what it is.

NOT TRUE.

Whitaker, Romero, Luke, Teh Chris, Costa, Israel and I’m probably forgetting 1 or 2 names. The division is stacked with both elite talent as well as exciting prospects.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Edit** I know what happened TS, you let the whole Bisping/Gsp thing ruin it for you, just forget about all that, it was a shitty detour that won’t happen again. Georges won’t be back to MW, I promise... unless of course you get some weakass fluke champ again then in that case Georges probably will put on his cape again.

Last edited:
Not only it is the best it has ever been, it now includes young new talent like Adesanya, Paulo, Anders. Most of the current top 15 would finish Silva in his prime. These fighters are on average taller, more athletic, more skilled in all area of the game, less one dimensional.

You realize he had a mandatory title defense, since everyone knew Bisping lucked out and was given an unranked(Who of course jumps the rank to 10 after they announce the fight) Dan Henderson, which barely counts as defending your belt against top opponents. Yet GSP refused to defend his belt and instead retired.

You might be a really dedicated troll or you are the shizoid fringe that can't shut up despite everyone showing what a ridiculous fool you are.

Mw division is the most stacked its ever been

The division has been terrible for years. WWs are exploiting this moment, and moving up to get easier fights. We rarely see this, but suddenly we have 3 WWs in the top 5, and a bunch of "top" guys that never would have made it during Andersons reign.

Hell... I am not sure all of them can even beat the old, broken Anderson of 2018.

If you are talking about Whittaker/Gastelum, those guys suffered at welterweight. They didn't have anywhere near the energy and ability that they do at MW right now. They suffer from having that "In-between" body...Where they suffer too much of a loss of performance to cut weight, and are somewhat undersized compared to the larger middleweights.

They use speed and technique to deal with that and it has worked out well for them.

This has to be the best UFC middleweight division ever at the moment. The only knock I have against it is the lack of Gegard Mousasi in the mix.

MW is now a haven for well rounded killers.

There's more important issues like why the fuck there's still WMMA fights in this promotion

So, TS, after your ban as @AnthonyrumbleJoshua you decided to open a new account and bring your idiotic thread back to life?

They botched it during Bisping's title reign

They should never have booked Hendo II and the GSP fight. Meanwhile they refused to pay Mousasi, Yoel can't make weight, and Jacare got old

If you are talking about Whittaker/Gastelum, those guys suffered at welterweight. They didn't have anywhere near the energy and ability that they do at MW right now. They suffer from having that "In-between" body...Where they suffer too much of a loss of performance to cut weight, and are somewhat undersized compared to the larger middleweights.

They use speed and technique to deal with that and it has worked out well for them.

This has to be the best UFC middleweight division ever at the moment. The only knock I have against it is the lack of Gegard Mousasi in the mix.

MW is now a haven for well rounded killers.
Also no Machida to.

People need to realise how close gas came to beating woodley... Who knows how good he could be if he could keep his fucking diet in check.

The Luke fluke which led to the Bisping tragedy which led to Gegard leaving and a combination of injuries/usada has obviously taken its toll on the once (and not that far ago) ridiculous 185 class.

Back