• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Microsoft is Buying Activision Blizzard $68.7B ***Update: Acquisition Finalized***

Buying up ALL the competition isn’t the answer. Nobody with a brain should want a Microsoft monopoly. Only good thing is they’ll clean house in management there.
Yeah, the shortsightedness displayed is fucking staggering. Corporate shills take it as a W, the rest of the industry is displaying appropriate concern.

Yeah, the shortsightedness displayed is fucking staggering. Corporate shills take it as a W, the rest of the industry is displaying appropriate concern.
I agree, if Activision can be eaten alive, gaming is fucked.

Gamepass is gonna be great for now, but whats gonna be eaten next? T2? Square Enix? Monopolies mean worse products over time.

An Xbox friend of mine just asked if I think World of Warcraft, including all its latest DLCs, will be added to Game Pass.

If it is, I wonder if there will be a sudden surge in playercount again.

or at least a version of a wow sub added to a GP tier in some way

Sony needs to make a free to play fps with all the game modes like snd and team death match, have it on all platforms. If xbox is making cod exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying up ALL the competition isn’t the answer. Nobody with a brain should want a Microsoft monopoly.

Mobile gaming has the largest market share. Pc and console gaming share near identical market share. Microsoft making moves to mitigate Playstations market share doesnt enter the realm of monopoly.

Mobile gaming has the largest market share. Pc and console gaming share near identical market share. Microsoft making moves to mitigate Playstations market share doesnt enter the realm of monopoly.
You think this shit is stopping here? Lmao

An Xbox friend of mine just asked if I think World of Warcraft, including all its latest DLCs, will be added to Game Pass.

If it is, I wonder if there will be a sudden surge in playercount again.
Considering the dog shit tier game that retail is, I hope not. If so, it will be short lived.

So if microsoft ended up buying EA, Bandai/Namco, Square Enix, THQ Nordic, Sega, and Take-two would you consider that a monopoly?

Last edited:
A redux from the Bethesda thread.

59bdefea6e5543f96dd4ce1954b252b6.jpg

A redux from the Bethesda thread.

59bdefea6e5543f96dd4ce1954b252b6.jpg
And PS5 still has triple the demand over it and sells out before anyone even has a chance. You have a higher chance of a scoring an Xbox series x than a ps5

Sony wins no matter what end of day
God of war? You mean that game you can also play on a PC?
{<jordan}
There is a new God of War coming out and it won't be on the Xlost. and PC will have to wait 5 years again?!?! rofl

And PS5 still has triple the demand over it and sells out before anyone even has a chance. You have a higher chance of a scoring an Xbox series x than a ps5

There is a new God of War coming out and it won't be on the Xlost. and PC will have to wait 5 years again?!?! rofl
Cope harder fanboy.

I mean both consoles are selling more than they have ever done... lol.

I don't think "triple the demand" is entirety correct.

I mean both consoles are selling more than they have ever done... lol.

I don't think "triple the demand" is entirety correct.
doesn't really matter wait till this comes out. It's already over just imagine the demand then. People might sell a left nut for one

You think this shit is stopping here? Lmao

Sony caused this outcome. Microsoft approached them years ago to have exclusives be cross platform at release to retain their market dominance. Sony rejected it.

Sony caused this outcome. Microsoft approached them years ago to have exclusives be cross platform at release to retain their market dominance. Sony rejected it.
Pretty sure Microsoft’s deep pockets and ineptitude at developing meaningful IP’s caused this.

Back