• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Michel Pereira vs Anthony "Fluffy" Hernandez - UFC 306: Sphere - September 14th

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Great match making! Anthony Hernandez is ranked No. 14, so this is a good opportunity for Michael Pereira to break into the top 15 with a big win.

Great match making! Anthony Hernandez is ranked No. 14, so this is a good opportunity for Michael Pereira to break into the top 15 with a big win.
Pereira is actually currently ranked 13 so hes fighting below his rank.
Great fight, be rooting for Michel as hes been must see for a while now.

Definitely a fun fight between two fighters I like. I would have rather seen Michel vs. Pyfer, and Fuffy against Kahzmat though...

Great fight, Fluffy mauls Michel to a round 3 TKO or sub.

I’m leaning Michel by early finish.
At MW he’s been an absolute monster and seems to be training with Strickland a ton which isn’t a “key” to victory over a cardio machine like Fluffy but I think it shows these 1st round KO’s aren’t just flukes and he is setting these traps up instead of just being too athletic for those other MW’s.

Fluffy is a cardio monster but he’s been extremely hireable behind his nonstop offence and unless Pereira gasses by going bat shit crazy I have a hard time seeing Fluffy present enough physicality to offset Pereira’s striking for the 1st 2 rounds. Edmen was chewing up Fluffy before he gassed and I think Pereira is seasoned enough to build off of Edmen’s blueprint without gassing into a loss.

This could be one of those fights that comes down to momentum and who wins the 2nd round but I just have a hard time seeing Fluffy not get cracked for 2 rounds straight before cardio becomes a major factor and with how measured Pereira was at WW I think he can stay fresh to survive a 3rd round scare if he does gas.

I really wish we could’ve saw both guys fight higher up in the ranks against Vettori or something similar

Im seeing Pereira being too much athletically for Fluffy to grind out. Every attempt to tie up will be quickly shrugged off and he will putting himself in big danger if he is to keep trying.

Great fight! Fluffy is a little unreliable though and doesn't fight too much.

Michel could be a nightmare for Fluffy, he's huge, dynamic striker, on a tear...

... but my sentimental pick is Hernandez.

Many people saying this is good matchmaking, but I don’t get it. Pereira is on an 8 fight winning streak and must fight below his rank again? What am I not seeing? Is it because he changed weight classes or because the Ihor fight was a questionable finish?

Back