Michael Johnson deserved to lose.

Lol, avoided engaging Dariush.... Because walking your opponent down and countering with blistering lefts is avoiding engaging.

This is not an amateur boxing sparing match.
Michael Johnson avoided engaging Dariush most of the fight.
Dariush did more damage in rounds 2 and 3.
He wanted to play *** tag and that's what his decision bought him.

Someone send MJ a tweet and tell him he's not GSP nor is he a champion.
He actually has to defeat his opponents, not out touch them with meaningless jabs.
Hopefully he comes to FIGHT next time.

Great decision.
Is that what you call always moving forward and pressuring your opponent?

i thought johnson won the first two rounds, and lost the last round, so he should have won the fight. but i don't feel sorry for him, since we all know that mma-judging is horrible, and you can't always count on them getting it right.

and yes, if you do leave it in the hands of the judges, then that's on you, since you didn't do what the goal of every fighter is in a fight: to finish.

If people can argue who won, and it's really not a clear victory as in back and forth showing no clear dominance, then it should just be a draw, that fight could have easily been a draw

they certainly need to give more 10-10 rounds. mma judges shouldn't have to feel that they need to give a round to a certain fighter.

I was stoned and gave 2-3 to daeiush. He landed a shit load of nasty counter knees in round 2

Johnson pushed forward the entire time, and he avoided engaging?

I had the fight as a draw, but sherdog is starting to make me feel like an idiot. I thought Dariush's kicks were far more significant than MJ's body jabs.

This is not an amateur boxing sparing match.
Michael Johnson avoided engaging Dariush most of the fight.
Dariush did more damage in rounds 2 and 3.
He wanted to play *** tag and that's what his decision bought him.

Someone send MJ a tweet and tell him he's not GSP nor is he a champion.
He actually has to defeat his opponents, not out touch them with meaningless jabs.
Hopefully he comes to FIGHT next time.

Great decision.

Lol, so true.

I think he probably has the best in terms of just hands. There's better strikers than him for sure but I think he's the best boxer. If only he had some more power he'd be champ right now. Not convinced he can't be champ.

I don't think its necessarily a power problem, he just needs to practice pulling the trigger when he's got a guy hurt.

i agree with you. even though i thought Johnson won rounds 1 and 2, he could have done a lot more in round 3. hopefully this is a wake up call for him. a guy with his talent should not be going to such close decisions like this.

It is possible to have better octagon control by moving backwards and maintaining good distance while landing shots (exactly what Dariush did). Much more effective than MJ plodding forward whiffing 1+2's.

MJ clearly won 29-28 - he took the first two rounds. If you think otherwise, it simply shows you don't know how to score fights.

Only a moron with no grasp of MMA would believe that Johnson did not clearly win that fight.

Round 1-CLEARLY won by Johnson.
Round 2-Won by Johnson, but a closer round. But a round won by MJ nonetheless.
Round 3-Johnson lost.

29-28 is the correct score, and any judge with any knowledge of MMA should have came to the same conclusion

Dariush lost. Don't know where all these knights are coming from. Only round Dariush won imo was round 3. Began to find his groove. Also had that nice uppercut he landed a couple times.

Back