Michael Johnson deserved to lose.

i haven't seen johnson's fight tonight so i can't really give my prediction

I have yet to watch it either. But I'm basing it on past performances. I think Masvidal is just a better version of Johnson. A lot more accurate as well.

If people can argue who won, and it's really not a clear victory as in back and forth showing no clear dominance, then it should just be a draw, that fight could have easily been a draw

Dar was backing up and circling away to avoid Mike the entire fight. Landing jabs and some leg kicks...... while running away shouldn't win you the fight. Mike won.

Everything sucked in that fight, from MJ to the judges.

Dar was backing up and circling away to avoid Mike the entire fight. Landing jabs and some leg kicks...... while running away shouldn't win you the fight. Mike won.

so avoiding damage while damaging int winning?

This is not an amateur boxing sparing match.
Michael Johnson avoided engaging Dariush most of the fight.
Dariush did more damage in rounds 2 and 3.
He wanted to play *** tag and that's what his decision bought him.

Someone send MJ a tweet and tell him he's not GSP nor is he a champion.
He actually has to defeat his opponents, not out touch them with meaningless jabs.
Hopefully he comes to FIGHT next time.

Great decision.

He absolutely did not deserve to lose. Dariush is a very difficult guy to face because of his great wrestling. MJ won the the first two round with octagon control and quicker punches. He lost the third when Dariush seemed to get some great snap on his jab.

This is like someone telling me Masvidal deserved to lose against Al Iaquinta. No he fucking didn't.

I have yet to watch it either. But I'm basing it on past performances. I think Masvidal is just a better version of Johnson. A lot more accurate as well.

Masvidal is one of the most underrated boxers in mma

Someone send MJ a tweet and tell him he's not GSP nor is he a champion.
He actually has to defeat his opponents, not out touch them with meaningless jabs.
Hopefully he comes to FIGHT next time.

Great decision.

lol good posting

It's really weird, if you take a look as Masvidal's boxing you can clearly that he has one of the best if not best boxing in all MMA.

"dominated for 3 rounds" ...Rashad is loco. MJ did get lit up round 3.

I think he probably has the best in terms of just hands. There's better strikers than him for sure but I think he's the best boxer. If only he had some more power he'd be champ right now. Not convinced he can't be champ.

Johnson was fighting too safe.

It is his own fault he let the judges take the win from him.

He did not. He won the fight. 84/77 sig strikes.... and effectivey stopped all takedowns. The End.

See, this is why I don't like Johnson and never have. I respect his standing as a legit contender, but I just cannot get any enthusiasm to see him fight.

He's a good enough wrestler to prevent grapplers taking him down and making an exciting ground fight.

He's a good enough striker to give most guys a run for their money.

But he is VERY RARELY a guy that goes for the finish. Most Johnson fights, for me, have seemed like coast-fests. He gets a guy's number early, does his work, then coasts. It's usually a guaranteed 15mins of tentative boxing. I called him 'your typical wrestle-boxer' a while ago and a poster reprimanded me for it - I actually agree now, that term was a bit harsh and narrow-minded. He's better than that, for sure. But he is definitely a front-runner who does his damage, then sits back and cruises to ensure a nice UD.

So Johnson set up camp in the center of the Octagon and Dariush spent 80% of the fight circling away but it's MJ who was "avoiding a fight"

K

I'm not one to call close fights robberies, but that was a fucking robbery. Some of these judges don't have a fucking clue.

Ban that fakeaccount, just look at the % of center control.

So Johnson set up camp in the center of the Octagon and Dariush spent 80% of the fight circling away but it's MJ who was "avoiding a fight"

K

Exactly. MJ had control and clearly outstruck Dariush while easily stopping every takedown attempt.

People saying MJ lost and deserved it because he didn't finish his opponent is crazy.

Back