Michael Johnson deserved to lose.

I have a big problem with that in MMA these days. I think some of these guys don't even like to fight. They look at it as a job and are just playing it safe. Thing is back in the day guys fought because they love to fight. Just read some of Don Fryes stories, these guys weren't getting paid shit and they didn't enjoy the celebrity early on in their careers. They did it because they loved it. Today its just a bunch of prima donnas

Johnson was doing okay until he threw in the towel.

No, he did enough to win. So you're saying the guy that decided to show up in the third round deserved to win?

Don't know shit about MMA judging, but to me it looked like the only round Dariush took was the 3rd.
I'd think this would be a very annoying fight to score.

that was tough fight to judge in the amount of time they actually have. It was also a very forgettable fight if you'd just let it be.

Time to move on.

beneil was brimming with killer instinct so he deserved to win

johnson needs to fight jorge masividal for the ultimate sparring championship

LMAO I thought of Gamebred during this fight too.

According to Johnson, jabbing the body for two rounds should earn you a decision.

Where u at Joe Silva, make this fight, Blackzillians vs ATT! Too bad Masvidal ran to welterweight.

How in the world can you give either of the first two rounds to Dariush?

I get that you can be pissed at Johnson for coasting in the 3rd, but that doesn't mean he lost the first two rounds...

Johnson was on the front foot the vast majority of the fight. How was he the one avoiding engaging?

Gotta agree, Johnson was the one coming forward most of the time and throwing the most punches, Dariush was backing up.

That said, toward the middle of the 3rd round he seemed pretty content to go to a decision rather than going for the finish. I still think he won though.

Gotta agree, Johnson was the one coming forward most of the time and throwing the most punches, Dariush was backing up.

That said, toward the middle of the 3rd round he seemed pretty content to go to a decision rather than going for the finish. I still think he won though.

I mean, he definitely wasn't going all out and getting reckless in the 3rd round hunting for a stoppage, but neither was Dariush. Dariush boxed nicely in the 3rd, but his success came from moving around and using a nice jab and that's pretty much it. I'm fairly sure that doesn't fall under the category of "looking for a finish" to most of the people complaining in this thread.

MJ looked like his only priority for the fight was stopping the TD rather than finishing Dariush.

And Dariush's only priority was moving backwards and covering up to avoid losing by knockout.

The fact is that Dariush was slightly more active in the 3rd, but considering he thought he was down two rounds his attack was pathetic. Nobody looked more surprised by the decision than Dariush, he knew he lost but he still didn't "go for it."

Johnson letting up in the third, when he thought he had the fight won, is just smart.

beneil was brimming with killer instinct so he deserved to win

Jorge just picked up a devastating KO win in his last fight

Johnson letting up in the third, when he thought he had the fight won, is just smart.

What on earth are you talking about?

It is the antithesis of smart. Didn't you realise, there has been a shit tonne of controversy over the decision because Johnson lost...

What he did was the farthest thing from smart; it's boring and lazy.

People give GSP's style a hard time but the guy never coasted, he dominated even when he knew he was winning 4-0.

According to Johnson, jabbing the body for two rounds should earn you a decision.

According to Sherdog, being outstruck, backing up most of the fight, getting your TD's stuffed, and being countered while you spam flying knees wins you a fight.

Back