Media Michael Chandler on Khabib Weight-gate : 'He looked like a skeleton, it was questionable '

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Peli, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Peli Black Belt

LOL!

• Chandler muses about scale-gate even though he confirms what DC said that they weighed the fighters on digital scale before they got on the bus. Chandler weighed at 154.9lbs before he got on the bus.
    • He muses that khabib could have been maybe an ounce over and they just slid it. Mentions Khabib still had time to cut the weight anyway so Chandler was not worried about having to fight gaethje.
    • Says Khabib looked like a skeleton at the weighins, tells khabib to be professional, make weight and show up with a smile on his face and do your job
    • He hints at the way khabib was treated over in the middle east was a little over the top. He was treated as royalty, but as a red, white blue blooded american "This is silly, man. Whatever."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Sean McNuggets and eddymotto like this.
  2. KID Yamamoto PREMIUM DYNAMITE

Hold up....Khabib cuts a lot of weight? This ruins everything I knew about him...

3. Frank Edgar Purple Belt

This guy just needs to book a fight and shut up. He hasn't had a single UFC fight, wasn't even the Bellator champ, but because he was made the alternate in a title fight he acts like he's the new king of the division

4. tripleo Yellow Card Yellow Card

what's up with comedians friends with mma fighters

hagestad, 2 COOL and Bob Sapp like this.
  5. Peli Black Belt

opportunists

Martialbeef, hagestad and 2 COOL like this.
  6. greenhawk zzzz

Khabibs broken toe has had a bigger career than Chandler. He needs to STFU .

7. BroRogan Brown Belt

You seem obsessed w Chandler recently - as some here are w Khamzat

Chandler is a smart dude and didn't say anything crazy there. Chill Bro. Even if you don't like him, think he is a bum or whatever. Also he would've been crazy to not go to Abu Dhabi, get all that promo and enjoy the time there.

Peoples, The Bard, Sissy Boy and 8 others like this.
  8. Bob Sapp Black Belt

They’re all friends with Joe that’s why

9. Goatbib Blue Belt

He should win a fight in UFC before talking about the GOAT. He might get destroyed like Askren and retire and all Askren did was talk shit.

10. tripleo Yellow Card Yellow Card

it's such a strange trend I don't know if joe rogan started it...bryan callen, bobby lee, theo von, then you have someone like brendan schaub

it's just weird cause fighters are suppose to be the cool bunch, and they are hanging out with those dorks

11. beephin Red Belt

Khabib weighed in at 160-ish on the scale against Gaethje and there's been sources to back this up

12. Peli Black Belt

Yes I am. I don't think he's a bum. I just don't think he's championship level in the ufc. I think chandler is top 10 level for sure

As for khamzat. I posted one thread about Khamzat. I like khamzat and have him favored to beat leon so that's that lol

BroRogan likes this.
  13. tripleo Yellow Card Yellow Card

yep, you answered it perfectly, I'd give you a like but im double yellow

Bob Sapp likes this.
  14. Peli Black Belt

they just ride joe's nutsack. To be honest, I like theo but I don't like the whole Joe Rogan Networking Bubble. I have my reasons why. Its war room material so I can't get into it here.

15. BroRogan Brown Belt

@Peli Fair enough then. I have the same impression of Chandler and his potential in the UFC - I just thought you were one of the folks on here who talk like he can't throw a punch which is stupid.

Wasn't even thinking of you w the Khamzat thing LOL just bc most threads are made about these guys at the moment.

HI SCOTT NEWMAN likes this.
  16. C0NCH3TO Gold Belt

Lmao payback for what Khabib said earlier about Chandelier.

17. Memeojima Green Belt

Theo Von is just salty because he's friends with Poirier

18. Peli Black Belt

Nah, I would never disrespect him like that. I don't think he's a bum or a complete bum. I think he can beat the bottom top 10. Just not the top 4. Hooker is a possibility. I like to bring his attention to the forefront. Chandler talks a lot of shit. But he'll put respectful qualifiers when he talks about them which people don't seem to pick up on. The guy talks like kevin lee but in a more respectful articulate manner.

I see people saying why doesn't anyone on the internet like chandler. Some of the people think it has to do with him being for bellator. I think there's plenty of reasons to find the guy annoying if not downright unlikeable. I find him annoying. I like aspects of him, I don't hate him But I do find him very annoying.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    BroRogan likes this.
  19. fortheo Titanium Belt

@Peli do you search michael chandler on youtube every day or something? Every chandler thread I see is from you

20. Peli Black Belt

haha, I come across it in many ways. I think some of his videos are recommended to me. I went to ackmed's thread about Khabib on Chandler and that's where it was recommended to me.

I'll admit the guy is a good listen. As much as I think he's annoying, he's articulate in a lot of ways. You either cheer for him or you want to see his ass kicked.