Michael Chandler killer Pitbull won via KO again

Against some dude that no one has heard of

Alvarez was 30 and no more shopworn than most of the guys he faced (Cerrone, Pettis, Gil Melendez, etc). Chandler is a bit older at 34, but he's been fed a steady diet of journeymen and no-names in recent years....in addition to an old Bendo and Friere. Compare that to the guys that RDA or Pettis has fought over the last 5 years...not even close to the same wear-n-tear. Most people still consider Tony Ferguson elite and he's 2 years older than Chandler and probably 10 years older in fighter years, especially after the Gaethje fight.

Eddie may have been 30, but age is not the only consideration. He'd already competed in nearly 30 professional fights by that point. Age is a factor, but duration of career (and obviously the particular hurdles and injuries) is probably a more significant effect on one's remaining longevity.

For instance, people love to talk of Couture and how he fought until he was pushing 50 (or whatever age he was toward his last few outings - i dont recall) but the guy began his career at around age 30, so obviously the window of potential was shifted forward from someone who was already training full time and taking amateur fights at age 20.

The extreme examples of fighters such as Shogun or Hendo are obviously not the status quo. Off thr top of my head, I'd guess that the average career of a "successful" MMA fighter is around 10 years.

Because fighter pay isn’t an issue in the UFC. Elite guys like Dustin, Jones, and Masvidal were literally just complaining about pay. Pitbull is comfortable typically making 200k per fight plus who knows how much in sponsorships being the face of an organization, and he’s on his way to a million dollar check if he wins the tournament.

I'll take your word for all that.

Either way, hopefully he makes enough in Bellator soon so he can go to the UFC and show us how good he really is.

He won't be remembered if he spends his career in Bellator. At least he'll have a big house and cars though.

Back