Michael Bisping Named International Fighter of the Year Over Alexander Gustafsson

Just like Presidential elections, 90% of the people who bitch and moan about this result never bothered to cast their vote in the first place.

actually the popular vote is meaningless, if you're fooled by that please refer to the constitution.

'International fighter of the year' might be the stupidest MMA category I've ever heard of, until I heard of 'Leading Man of the year'. They mean nothing.

Fight of the Year: Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner.

C'mon. I love J-Lau but on a list with Hendo/Shogun, Chandler/Alvarez, and Jung/Porier this just makes no sense.

Maybe they gave him extra credit for the Miller fight as well.

Bunch of the things they mention are from 2011.

Hendo vs Shogun, Chandler vs Alvarez, Mir vs Nog, all happened in 2011.

I can only ask who were the nominees? And WTF does "international" mean for an international sport? Do they really mean "european?"

It's too early to get excited about something rather trivial, but this is pure BS!

Are you guys retarded or what? The period for awards consideration is september 2011 - september 2012. Its not rocket science. The Shogun fight DOESNT COUNT

technically he beat chael..

and gustafson is overrated. bisping is in great shape and should finally get his title shot already!

Are you guys retarded or what? The period for awards consideration is september 2011 - september 2012. Its not rocket science. The Shogun fight DOESNT COUNT

I really don't think 99% of the folks voting for this public pool took that into considiration.

le-shiggy-ibratello.gif

That's fucking bullshit, Gustafsson is on a tear and is actually deserving of a title shot, while Bisping recently lost.

Chill out folks MMA has a MESSI who will pick up the trophy the next couple of years if he is interested. Gunnar Nelson

It ended up coming down to 3 votes, and those just happened to be cast by the judges from Bisping vs. Hammill.

Would have been two votes to one in that case - the British judge gave the fight to Matt ...... you know, the biased, patriotic one ....

Back