Michael Bisping Named International Fighter of the Year Over Alexander Gustafsson

Fight of the Year: Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner.

C'mon. I love J-Lau but on a list with Hendo/Shogun, Chandler/Alvarez, and Jung/Porier this just makes no sense.

only because its still fresh in their mind....imo shogun/hendo shoulda won it UD

Miller win wasn't even 2012. Don't think this award is a big deal, but even someone like Struve deserved it over mike.

Neither was Alex/Vladdy and neither was a bunch of other nominated fights like Mir/Nog II.

What outraged me the most was the choice for technical clothing brand.

Oh man I can't wait for shango to get in the ring with Bisping am going to bet the farm on shango. This dude bisping does not belong in the title contention.

There was a ring card girl of the year award.

J0IJg.gif

Does "international" exclude Brazil and Canada?

So, in summation, there were awards for lifestyle clothing of the year, technical clothing of the year, international fighter of the year (which apparently means fighter of the year taking only Europe and Asia into account), best technical equipment, MMA personality of the year, leading man of the year and the most prestigous of them all, ring card girl of the year. To make this award show mean even more, performance outside of the year 2012 was taken into account. Impressive stuff.

Apparently "international" means not just not American, but not Canadian or Brazilian. Quite frankly, Silva, KZ, or Gus should have won it. Both had monster years, whereas Bisping loss and won two decisions in mediocre fights.
It ended up coming down to 3 votes, and those just happened to be cast by the judges from Bisping vs. Hammill.
LMAO!
Fight of the Year: Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner.

C'mon. I love J-Lau but on a list with Hendo/Shogun, Chandler/Alvarez, and Jung/Porier this just makes no sense.
You got 3 legendary fights you just mentioned, and they all lose to a seriously inferior and less entertaining fight! Hendo/Shogun without a question should have won IMO.
Just you wait... Nate Diaz will win fighter of the year.
Cesar Gracie's Camp won Camp of the Year without a single UFC belt to their name (minus Rousey), and after Nate Diaz (IMO their best fighter) got destroyed in a title fight with Ben Henderson, Nick Diaz going 0-1 in both fights and drug tests, and Gilbert Melendez finishing his trilogy with Thompson with a narrow split decision.

lol, Cesar Gracie's camp somehow won camp of the year, as well. This is hilarious.

They are in the Americas so no.

So if a fighter from Panama would blitz an entire divison and win the belt within a year he would be excluded from this category, assuming he doesn't get fighter of the year?

International = UK. The nominees were Dan Hardy and Michael Bisping.

So if a fighter from Panama would blitz an entire divison and win the belt within a year he would be excluded from this category?

Of course! Because getting a foothold into the relatively tiny Panamanian market is not important.

Back