Michael Bisping Named International Fighter of the Year Over Alexander Gustafsson

Bisping talks more, once again the mouth reigns supreme.

But seriously Gustaff has had a much more impressive showing and is a better all around fighter.

I didn't even know Bisping fought this year.

Not much of a fan of the sport are you?

Great news for Mike. He is one of the hardest working fighters in the UFC. He has grown with the sport, always willing to fight whomever the UFC asks. Always willing to fight anyone anywhere even on short notice.

He's not the type to try and ride one win to a title shot, turning down fights waiting around because he thinks he's the next big thing.

He just fights. That's what he does.

The Count
Michael_bisping.jpg

Theres only one way we can settle this.

Bisping and Gustafsson must fight to the death.

These awards are organised by a British MMA Mag 'Fighters Only'(I'm aware they now have some international versions though), I imagine a good portion of the votes came from Brits.

40122_439583434050_8526769050_5282096_7591190_n_medium.jpg

And that's why MMA awards are bullshit, just like video game awards.

'International fighter of the year' might be the stupidest MMA category I've ever heard of, until I heard of 'Leading Man of the year'. They mean nothing.

What's that? Serious question.

Bisping won't shut up. And as such, people remember his name more easily.

Alexander is more worthy but to say Bisping is not in the coversation is lunacy.

Those awards were lame!

what was up with the Sept.-Sept. timeline?????

All these magazine stats awards or whatever are for noobs. MMA fans that have been around for a while (or people that just see through shoddy marketing) see this shit as a joke and draw their own conclusions.

That said, Bisping should be ashamed.

Bisping clearly lost to Chael upon watching the fight a second time.

technically he beat chael..

and gustafson is overrated. bisping is in great shape and should finally get his title shot already!

So much fail...
Can't understand how people think Bisping won that fight. And how is Gus overrated? 6 fight winningstreak, how is that overrated? But all respect to Bisping, great worker! I only wished he would sit down more on his punches and got a bit more power.

Stann isn't great but a solid win it's not really worse than a win over Thiago. And you could argue that he won the fight with Sonnen who is the number 2 in the division

A win over Shogun is more impressive than beating Mayhem & Sonnen.

Back