Mexican gloves various brands

Would it be fair to say the reason that New Sporting has been neglecting regular folks like us in recent times is because they've been prioritizing
- Bryant
- NBNL
- Possibly even Grant
???

Hello. We have some Mexican Boxing Gloves in stock in Spain ready for shipping. In some weeks we'll have more mexican brands in Europe.
Contact us for more information. 20200301_121644.jpg 20200301_121631.jpg 20200301_121621.jpg 20200301_121611.jpg

Anyone know how I can purchase a pair of Classics gloves? I have gloves from pretty much every other major Mexican glove manufacturer but I need Classics to round out my collection. The other brand I’m missing is Seyer but from what I’ve seen of their recent glove design, I’m not a big fan...don’t look very high quality to me.

We can help you
[email protected]
Anyone know how I can purchase a pair of Classics gloves? I have gloves from pretty much every other major Mexican glove manufacturer but I need Classics to round out my collection. The other brand I’m missing is Seyer but from what I’ve seen of their recent glove design, I’m not a big fan...don’t look very high quality to me.

If anyone is interested I have listed some new sporting on eBay this weekend used once and brought before quality went down

At a ~320% markup?
Errrr not sure if your looking at mine or not but postage to uk plus custom costs need to be taken into account......plus they are cheaper than the other new sporting gloves in there and if you want a pair your unlikely to be able to get some made like these ones

Errrr not sure if your looking at mine or not but postage to uk plus custom costs need to be taken into account......plus they are cheaper than the other new sporting gloves in there and if you want a pair your unlikely to be able to get some made like these ones
200 gbp?

My apologies. There are 2 sets of New Sporting on ebay UK for 200 gbp a piece, which is ridiculous
That seller always overprices just look at some other their other listings I am sure I have seen used topboxer above new retail

Just an FYI, Casanova is making face masks right now. If you are in the US, you can get them off the Necalli Boxing website for $8.99.

Just an FYI, Casanova is making face masks right now. If you are in the US, you can get them off the Necalli Boxing website for $8.99.
That’s pretty cool. I wish I had seen it before I placed my last order.
maybe I’ll use it as an excuse to make another .
Has anyone hit a Necalli speedbag?

GIL and Casanova (now rebranded as Necalli in the US) are two totally different brands. They are both made in Mexico but GIL is much stiffer and requires a lot of breaking in, whereas Casanova/Necalli is softer and more preferred for sparring (although they can definitely be used on the bag too). GIL is the continuation of Zepol; the owner of Zepol died but his son-in-law, who had learned glove making from him, basically took over the operation and changed the name. Casanova has been under the same basic ownership for decades. Campeon was actually created by a family who previously made gloves for Casanova; hence, Campeon and Casanova are very similar still, and the two shops are right down the street from each other. To get back to the original subject though, the reason some people think Casanova and GIL are related is because both brands are distributed in the US by a woman named Julie Moreno, who is a very nice lady by the way. She lists both brands on her website, www.necalliboxing.com. She’s the one who lost the trademark over the Casanova name to PBS.

The lady who sells the Casanova (Necalli rebranded) and Gil gloves just imports them from Mexico. You can go directly to the source if you speak Spanish. I found the Casanova gloves to have a very big pocket and to be quite stiff. I didn't find the Gil to be stiff, quite the opposite. Did not need a long break in period. For me the Gil is far better quality. The Casanova's started tearing at the piping very quickly. Was disappointed. The Gil are going strong and seem to mould to my fist. They fit very comfortably and I can make a really good fist. They just feel so sleek! The Casanova's I like for the heavy bag, but the Gil are better IMHO.

Does anyone know what's the price for GIL from the Mexico directly?

Does anyone know what's the price for GIL from the Mexico directly?
Yes, it'll be about 80 USD plus shipping. You can contact him via Facebook if you speak Spanish. Lovely guy. Roberto Gil Contreras.

Yes, it'll be about 80 USD plus shipping. You can contact him via Facebook if you speak Spanish. Lovely guy. Roberto Gil Contreras.
Ok so it's more expensive than the Casanova gloves. Casanovas were super cheap. Only 900MXN. I've learned some Spanish when I was ordering from them. How is the wrist in GIL? I like snug fit in my Casanova gloves. From pictures it looks wider. Can you confirm that?

I'm not on Facebook, and the mark-up on eBay is pretty horrible. Anybody know of any other way to contact Gil directly?

Back