Mexican gloves various brands

I've seen a few other people in this thread mentioning the Bayoneta brand from Edgar at theboxingcollector, but most of the reviews I have seen are on his MX trainer model. When I went on the site and saw the Premium Horsehair line he's come out with, I was immediately struck by them. The price is a bit steep, and at the time they were only in stock in a metallic silver finish (not my favorite) so I waited for a little while for them to restock. This grey/pearlwhite/gold color they've just released looked especially choice, so I went ahead and finally grabbed a pair in 14oz. They'll be here in probably about a week or so, and i'll be glad to post some footage with them and answer any questions. I'm sure i can't be the only one who has had their eye on these. Not alot of information on them just yet as far as reviews and feedback, but I trust in Edgar's reputation that I will be getting my money's worth and then some.

Example pics from the website, will follow up with my own when they arrive:

TacCWvQ.png
cu00xOj.png
69MTVRc.png

Anything with Latex takes awhile to break in brother. His original all polyurethane foam gloves felt broken in from the beginning. That said, they broke down faster. I expect those to be awesome once broken in and for them to last you for years to come. I don't have that model, but I have broken in several New Sporting which have a similar foam break down (polyurethane sandwiched between two different latex layers).

I agree, I have a pair of TM 16oz with the Polyurethane padding and it felt nice and soft after a few dozen rounds. A little bit more breaking in and I might feel like taking them to sparring.

I've seen a few other people in this thread mentioning the Bayoneta brand from Edgar at theboxingcollector, but most of the reviews I have seen are on his MX trainer model. When I went on the site and saw the Premium Horsehair line he's come out with, I was immediately struck by them. The price is a bit steep, and at the time they were only in stock in a metallic silver finish (not my favorite) so I waited for a little while for them to restock. This grey/pearlwhite/gold color they've just released looked especially choice, so I went ahead and finally grabbed a pair in 14oz. They'll be here in probably about a week or so, and i'll be glad to post some footage with them and answer any questions. I'm sure i can't be the only one who has had their eye on these. Not alot of information on them just yet as far as reviews and feedback, but I trust in Edgar's reputation that I will be getting my money's worth and then some.

Example pics from the website, will follow up with my own when they arrive:

TacCWvQ.png
cu00xOj.png
69MTVRc.png
Tell us everything man!
I agree, I have a pair of TM 16oz with the Polyurethane padding and it felt nice and soft after a few dozen rounds. A little bit more breaking in and I might feel like taking them to sparring.
Yeah man they feel great, the pair I got my brother felt good from the time they arrived. He's saving them for sparring actually, he's joining up my gym next month. What color did you go with?

Tell us everything man!

Yeah man they feel great, the pair I got my brother felt good from the time they arrived. He's saving them for sparring actually, he's joining up my gym next month. What color did you go with?

They had a good price on these plain black with the old style logo so I went for them. Had them i'd guess about 5ish months now. View media item 35490

They had a good price on these plain black with the old style logo so I went for them. Had them i'd guess about 5ish months now. View media item 35490
Those are really nice man! I kind of prefer the old logo. He's kind of trying to figure out the new one at the moment and I feel it looks better on some gloves than others. How's the wrist support with the velcro?

Last edited:
Those are really nice man! I kind of prefer the old logo. He's kind of trying to figure out the new one at the moment and I feel lit looks better on some gloves than others. How's the wrist support with the velcro?

It's very solid, of course they have those padded strips going along the inside of the forearm and they're even a bit thicker than I've seen in other gloves. The velcro is pretty strudy and once you get it strapped down it down it's not going anywhere. Much more solid feeling than I ever got with a similar pair of black cleto reyes. Probably my favorite part of them is the hand compartment, it's deep enough to really let you curl your fingertips all the way in and the liner doesn't bunch up at the end.

It's very solid, of course they have those padded strips going along the inside of the forearm and they're even a bit thicker than I've seen in other gloves. The velcro is pretty strudy and once you get it strapped down it down it's not going anywhere. Much more solid feeling than I ever got with a similar pair of black cleto reyes. Probably my favorite part of them is the hand compartment, it's deep enough to really let you curl your fingertips all the way in and the liner doesn't bunch up at the end.
That's awesome man, I'm glad you like them. My brother liked his as well. I tried them on and I love the deep finger pocket too. If Juan wasn't so difficult to deal with I'd probably pull the trigger. I have way too many New Sporting to consider any new gloves at the moment though, lol. It's really just impulse buying at this point. Thanks for the detail on the wrist support, I never even considered them because I'm a laces traditionalist, but that sounds legit!

That's awesome man, I'm glad you like them. My brother liked his as well. I tried them on and I love the deep finger pocket too. If Juan wasn't so difficult to deal with I'd probably pull the trigger. I have way too many New Sporting to consider any new gloves at the moment though, lol. It's really just impulse buying at this point. Thanks for the detail on the wrist support, I never even considered them because I'm a laces traditionalist, but that sounds legit!

I have a pair of these velcro 16oz in dark blue - I think they're my favourite ever gloves, just shading my Winnings and ahead of all the other MX gloves I've tried. Feel amazing.

Back