Mexican gloves various brands

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by scarphe, Aug 7, 2016.

1. yebohang White Belt

Maybe Casanova has gone up. I was quoted 1100 pesos. Gil gloves are slimmer than Casanova in the first, but wrist is similar.

2. yebohang White Belt

Also depends if you get Velcro it lace

3. Lotnik White Belt

Maybe you got some metallic leather. I went standard colors. I've got the lace version.

4. yebohang White Belt

Yes, quoted for 16oz velcro

5. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

If you need Mexican boxing gloves I can help you, I work with every brand: ZEPOL, GIL, CLASSICS, BOXEO, LOPEZ, CASANOVA...
    More info in [email protected]

6. yebohang White Belt

I want to amend my comment. I just bought my second pair of Gil gloves, and they are indeed stiff. Maybe the leather is different? I ordered a pair in the metallic colours. But Vols is correct, I think Gil are stiffer than the Casanovas. My old pair, after the break in period, just felt fantastic. They fit the hand nicely. But I think I'm remembering differently, maybe with more experience with different brands I'm getting to understand them better. So, yes, Gil are stiffer than the Casanovas, and I'm guessing they'll have a longer break in period, because the leather feels really thick and stiff, and the latex foam is really dense.

7. Exothermic White Belt

Guys, I am in need of some help.
    I’ve been searching for a set of boxing gloves for boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc. I’ve had plenty of brands, Winning, Sabas (winning inspired), R2C c17 two different pairs, UMA Custom gloves, (Top) King, Fairtex, Booster, Joya ETC ETC. Currently have a Hayabusa T3 barely used. And I still use my old Booster & Joya Gloves for bag work during Quaraintaine. I however am still searching for a COMPACT glove that sharpens the strikes and somewhat emulate fight gloves or at least give that speedy flow while having proper (Heavy) protection for the knuckles and wrist. Being capable of throwing as hard as I can, obviously while being properly wrapped up. I’ll be doing LOTS of partner drills, sparring and some padwork. When I’ll do only bag/pad work I’ll use another set of gloves. I was planning on making a thread but that wasn’t possible, so I figured I’d post it here. As I think Mexican Gloves are the way to go..?

Thanks in advance guys.

MexicanBoxingGloves likes this.
  8. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

Attached Files:

9. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

10. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

Where are you from? I have in stock some Mexican gloves if you decide it.

11. Exothermic White Belt

I am from the Netherlands. And where are you from? Do you have a website or whatsoever?

12. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

I'm from Spain. You can write me to [email protected]
    In Instagram I'm @boxinglegendsfightbrand 20200619_205825.jpg 20200619_205654.jpg

13. spentshoes White Belt

Have any of you experienced torn thumb attachments on Reyes gloves? I bought a brand new pair from a doctor that realized that he was’t cut out for boxing after one session. They were in perfect condition. Not even so much as a scratch on them. I’ve used them maybe 10 times and now the thumb attachments are tearing on both gloves, right at the seams. SUPER disappointing since Reyes are known for their durability. I contacted Reyes to see if there’s anything that can be done, but I somehow doubt they will help in any way since I have no receipt.

14. Minowafanatic Black Belt

I've seen used pairs for sale online before with torn thumb attachments

It's no big deal in terms of the functionality of the gloves. The thumb attachment doesn't do anything for you so long as you make a tight fist properly yourself. Plenty of people cut the attachments on Reyes gloves themselves as often, for some people/gloves, the position that the attachment sets your thumb is not the position that someone would want their thumb when forming a natural fist.

15. spentshoes White Belt

I saw a thread where someone was talking about that. If I was planning on just using them for bags and pads, def wouldn't have a problem with it, but I intend to spar with them as well. We'll see what they say I guess. I just thought it was crazy that they are tearing after roughly 10 uses.

16. Minowafanatic Black Belt

It shouldn't matter either RE: sparring, if you aren't making a fist properly when you punch it'd only very very slightly increase risk of injury and then you hopefully are making a fist properly anyway so it'd be a non issue. Even if deliberately trying to thumb your opponent with them, it'd still be very hard to do in a foam training glove.

17. JamesSurya White Belt

Does anyone here have any experience with the Torres Medina gloves or the russianboxer gloves?

18. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

Attached Files:

19. MexicanBoxingGloves White Belt

Also some bag gloves in stock IMG_20200813_153612_673.jpg IMG_20200813_153612_673.jpg 20200813_154203.jpg