Mexican gloves various brands

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by scarphe, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Vols1891

Vols1891 Yellow Belt

I can attest to the fact that the Necalli gloves are exactly the same as the Mexican made Casanovas....the label is the only difference.

2. Vols1891

Vols1891 Yellow Belt

GIL and Casanova (now rebranded as Necalli in the US) are two totally different brands. They are both made in Mexico but GIL is much stiffer and requires a lot of breaking in, whereas Casanova/Necalli is softer and more preferred for sparring (although they can definitely be used on the bag too). GIL is the continuation of Zepol; the owner of Zepol died but his son-in-law, who had learned glove making from him, basically took over the operation and changed the name. Casanova has been under the same basic ownership for decades. Campeon was actually created by a family who previously made gloves for Casanova; hence, Campeon and Casanova are very similar still, and the two shops are right down the street from each other. To get back to the original subject though, the reason some people think Casanova and GIL are related is because both brands are distributed in the US by a woman named Julie Moreno, who is a very nice lady by the way. She lists both brands on her website, www.necalliboxing.com. She’s the one who lost the trademark over the Casanova name to PBS.

The Razor and Minowafanatic like this.
  3. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Both Hernandez and New Sporting used to make Grant gloves

4. Lotnik

Lotnik White Belt

Ok I understand now. This is the same gloves maker, but different branding for US market.

5. Mexican Boxing Gloves

Mexican Boxing Gloves White Belt

Hello. I have the last pair of NEW SPORTING in stock in only 99€ + shipping.
    More info in [email protected] or send me a message.

IMG_20190818_155900.jpg Screenshot_2019-08-18-15-58-36-394_com.facebook.katana.jpg

6. Vols1891

Vols1891 Yellow Belt

Quick question for you guys...I have a new pair of Campeon gloves that have pretty soft padding, and I was wanting to try them out in sparring. However, they have unattached thumbs, and I’ve never sparred in gloves with unattached thumbs before. I was just wondering if you all think these would be dangerous to use with the risk of my partner’s eyes getting poked? He said he is fine with me using them but I’m still a little hesitant. I know people used to spar in gloves like this all the time, but then again, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s safe to do.

7. KidMoe

KidMoe Kid Moe

Not unless you're trying to gouch his eyes out. If you never accidentally jam your thumbs on the pads or bags when you're using these gloves, I think you're safe.

Minowafanatic likes this.
  8. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

I have unattached thumbs on 7 of 8 of my gloves and it's always fine, I don't see how you could possibly eye poke someone with unattached thumbs on 14 or 16oz modern foam gloves unless you're actually trying to do it on purpose, and even then it would still be hard to do because you still can't push your thumb out much from the glove without exerting a lot of effort.

KidMoe likes this.
  9. The Razor

The Razor White Belt

Gil boxing gloves that much stiffer than the necalli / Casanova boxing gloves? How about the hook and loop versions?

10. Lotnik

Lotnik White Belt

I'm trying to speak through messenger with someone at Casanova, but it's very hard to get the price of shipping to Europe :(

11. Mexican Boxing Gloves

Mexican Boxing Gloves White Belt

We are in Europe if you need mexican boxing gloves

12. Lotnik

Lotnik White Belt

So I recieved my custom order from Deportes Casanova. After my experience with New Sporting I am very satisfied about DC. Manufacturing time took only a week.
    [​IMG]

Noodles03, Nonducor and j-boxing like this.