Mexican gloves various brands

I can attest to the fact that the Necalli gloves are exactly the same as the Mexican made Casanovas....the label is the only difference.

They really look similar specially their triple cuff. But some people said the hernandez glove inside part not too good.
I am in the middle confusing to choose hernandez, boxeo, and champeon.
And also is casanova and gil boxing gloves have same feeling?
maybe i can get explanation from seniors here. Thank you
GIL and Casanova (now rebranded as Necalli in the US) are two totally different brands. They are both made in Mexico but GIL is much stiffer and requires a lot of breaking in, whereas Casanova/Necalli is softer and more preferred for sparring (although they can definitely be used on the bag too). GIL is the continuation of Zepol; the owner of Zepol died but his son-in-law, who had learned glove making from him, basically took over the operation and changed the name. Casanova has been under the same basic ownership for decades. Campeon was actually created by a family who previously made gloves for Casanova; hence, Campeon and Casanova are very similar still, and the two shops are right down the street from each other. To get back to the original subject though, the reason some people think Casanova and GIL are related is because both brands are distributed in the US by a woman named Julie Moreno, who is a very nice lady by the way. She lists both brands on her website, www.necalliboxing.com. She’s the one who lost the trademark over the Casanova name to PBS.

Hiii,
I am still new about mexican gloves, maybe seniors here would like to explain to me.
Is hernandez boxing gloves have any link with grant? I saw the shape looks same.
Maybe i am wrong, just curious. Thank you.
Both Hernandez and New Sporting used to make Grant gloves

Ok I understand now. This is the same gloves maker, but different branding for US market.

Quick question for you guys...I have a new pair of Campeon gloves that have pretty soft padding, and I was wanting to try them out in sparring. However, they have unattached thumbs, and I’ve never sparred in gloves with unattached thumbs before. I was just wondering if you all think these would be dangerous to use with the risk of my partner’s eyes getting poked? He said he is fine with me using them but I’m still a little hesitant. I know people used to spar in gloves like this all the time, but then again, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s safe to do.

Quick question for you guys...I have a new pair of Campeon gloves that have pretty soft padding, and I was wanting to try them out in sparring. However, they have unattached thumbs, and I’ve never sparred in gloves with unattached thumbs before. I was just wondering if you all think these would be dangerous to use with the risk of my partner’s eyes getting poked? He said he is fine with me using them but I’m still a little hesitant. I know people used to spar in gloves like this all the time, but then again, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s safe to do.

Not unless you're trying to gouch his eyes out. If you never accidentally jam your thumbs on the pads or bags when you're using these gloves, I think you're safe.

I have unattached thumbs on 7 of 8 of my gloves and it's always fine, I don't see how you could possibly eye poke someone with unattached thumbs on 14 or 16oz modern foam gloves unless you're actually trying to do it on purpose, and even then it would still be hard to do because you still can't push your thumb out much from the glove without exerting a lot of effort.

GIL and Casanova (now rebranded as Necalli in the US) are two totally different brands. They are both made in Mexico but GIL is much stiffer and requires a lot of breaking in, whereas Casanova/Necalli is softer and more preferred for sparring (although they can definitely be used on the bag too). GIL is the continuation of Zepol; the owner of Zepol died but his son-in-law, who had learned glove making from him, basically took over the operation and changed the name. Casanova has been under the same basic ownership for decades. Campeon was actually created by a family who previously made gloves for Casanova; hence, Campeon and Casanova are very similar still, and the two shops are right down the street from each other. To get back to the original subject though, the reason some people think Casanova and GIL are related is because both brands are distributed in the US by a woman named Julie Moreno, who is a very nice lady by the way. She lists both brands on her website, www.necalliboxing.com. She’s the one who lost the trademark over the Casanova name to PBS.

Gil boxing gloves that much stiffer than the necalli / Casanova boxing gloves? How about the hook and loop versions?

I'm trying to speak through messenger with someone at Casanova, but it's very hard to get the price of shipping to Europe :(

So I recieved my custom order from Deportes Casanova. After my experience with New Sporting I am very satisfied about DC. Manufacturing time took only a week.
YduUXge.jpg

Good morning friends, gil is not the continuation of zepol, it is true that he learned there, but the owner of ZEPOL has 2 children, 1 of his children is the one who stays in charge of zepol and they are still manufactured, and another of his children is the one who manufactures the classics brand

Good morning friends, gil is not the continuation of zepol, it is true that he learned there, but the owner of ZEPOL has 2 children, 1 of his children is the one who stays in charge of zepol and they are still manufactured, and another of his children is the one who manufactures the classics brand
great info

Who makes the Boxeo brand of gloves? I'm headed to CDMX and I want to bring me back some gloves to Australia. Does anyone know where they're made and who I can contact? Any other suggestions on where I can get boxing gloves cheaply in CDMX?

627DCE9A-C8EA-4344-914E-B0F42320083A.jpeg
I think it’s his son-in-law who makes the GIL brand, right? Also, have you heard of a Mexican brand named “Lopez Andrades”? They look just like Zepol and GIL to me, and obviously “Lopez” is “Zepol” spelled backwards. Pic included above.

View attachment 677335
I think it’s his son-in-law who makes the GIL brand, right? Also, have you heard of a Mexican brand named “Lopez Andrades”? They look just like Zepol and GIL to me, and obviously “Lopez” is “Zepol” spelled backwards. Pic included above.

If you look through his Facebook, you'll see some Zepols posted, so I strongly suspect there is a relationship:

https://www.facebook.com/zepol.andrade

Relationships:

Lopez Family
-Zepol (Dad) - RIP
-Zepol (Son 1)
-Classics (Son 2)
-Gil (Son in Law)
-Lopez Andrades (???)

Reyes Family: Seyer, Cleto Reyes

Campeon & Casanova - Somehow related

Hernandez Champs & New Sporting - Possibly related (Daniel HERNANDEZ owns NS)
https://www.facebook.com/hdzchamps/

Necalli has outstanding customer service. I don’t know if I will buy their gloves because I’m a kickboxer, and I’m looking for something a little more compact... but I love old school mexican style. I’ve been chatting with them on IG, and they actually weighed gloves for me! I’m looking for some 12oz gloves that fit my long, ape like hands.

Necalli has outstanding customer service. I don’t know if I will buy their gloves because I’m a kickboxer, and I’m looking for something a little more compact... but I love old school mexican style. I’ve been chatting with them on IG, and they actually weighed gloves for me! I’m looking for some 12oz gloves that fit my long, ape like hands.
Agree, they serve their customers very well

Back