Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
A moderator who posts in the Standup Technique section mostly, owns a gym called Johnny Toccos

Those JCs look really sick, how do you think they compare to the BGL7?

Oh, that Sinister.

Thanks!

The foam is way harder on the Pacheco. It feels like you're wearing a cast around your fist. The Fairtex feels soft in comparison. I have had my BGL7 for a while now, and they have softened up nicely. I guess it comes down to personal preference, I tend to like my gloves on the harder side. You can't go wrong with either glove in this department.

Wrist protection is about even, maybe a slight edge to the Fairtex. The BGL7 has more padding and a harder padding on the palm side, JC has a harder foam on the backhand.

I would go with JC's as far as comfort. Thumb position, lining, hand compartment, everything is a little better on the JC's. Where the 14oz. Fairtex seem to be almost claustrophobic with 180" wraps, the 12oz. JC's feel just right.

The only slight negative I see with these pair of JC's is the seam at the fingertips. I had the same issue with the BGL7, it's hard. It has since softened up on the Fairtex, so I don't see it being a long term issue with the JC.

Yup, bag and pad work. Gonna get rid of my other small gloves, this is perfect for my needs.

Who or what is Sinister?

Minowafanatic Pretty much answered it.

I like the white and gold, but it's too bad white gets dirty easily though:p

the leather on the JC gloves looks better than the one on cleto reyes. Looks soft and thick.
Nice gloves buddy. :)

I know I asked this question way too many times in this thread already, but now that you guys have had a chance to try out a good selection of mexican gloves, which would you guys recommend for maximum hand protection, with no regard for what's being hit? (eg. heavy bag work only)

As fun as my velcro cletos are, they're either way too soft or thin. Almost pulled the trigger on the JCs while you guys were still raving about their density, but hearing Clamp's knuckles got all busted up with them pretty much broke my heart.

I have had no issue at all with using my JC on the heavybag.

I've had no hand problems using the 16oz. on the heavy bag. I haven't used the 12oz. yet, but I don't foresee any problems using those.

You might want to wait till deathstriker provides some feedback on the Campeons before making a decision.

I hate those 16 oz J.C. Pacheco gloves. The 18 oz gloves were fine but then the lining ripped. They have too many problems with them. I guess the first batch was awesome but the batch I got sucked. I'm not the only one who has these problems. The padding is bad in the left glove and also the hand placement is wrong. It actually leaves your hands twisted at a very slight angle. I had to use my other gloves as reference. Fuck that guy.

I hate those 16 oz J.C. Pacheco gloves. The 18 oz gloves were fine but then the lining ripped. They have too many problems with them. I guess the first batch was awesome but the batch I got sucked. I'm not the only one who has these problems. The padding is bad in the left glove and also the hand placement is wrong. It actually leaves your hands twisted at a very slight angle. I had to use my other gloves as reference. Fuck that guy.

Hey Clamp.

What about the Zepol review?

Saludos

These bad boys just arrived in my mailbox today! I just have to make an equally bad-ass lace converter. Yes, that means spikes!

12oz. Gold/White
0CC72F97-1382-45AB-9EF1-4CED08652A56-2266-0000013D288585B9.jpg

0358D218-CEE2-4ABD-B606-B22F72A0C10F-2266-0000013CE56711F5.jpg

15B780AB-63A9-4501-9467-1D15CC525E25-2266-0000013CD32BB9AD.jpg

Those gloves look kind of familiar ;) How are they working out for you so far?

Minowafanatic Pretty much answered it.

I like the white and gold, but it's too bad white gets dirty easily though:p

Yeah it gets dirty, but I figured I could touch them up with paint if they get too dirty.

Those gloves look kind of familiar ;) How are they working out for you so far?

Thanks for hooking me up. They're beautiful gloves. I can't wait to try them out on the bag.

They are too pretty for spikes, so I went in another direction with the lace converters.
1651491C-7896-459C-83E3-60C51AA2FB9A-4892-000002D72E5E1B14.jpg

3EFF7177-882C-4BF6-BE7E-2FF4D6A22690-4892-000002D73F3E9B58.jpg

Dude I got my freaking gloves back today that had the ripped lining. The worst fix job I have ever seen in my life. It's barely a fix! WTF!? Freaking JC gloves have given me nothing but grief yet I order a pair for my friend and he hasn't had any problems. 2 pairs and 2 different problems. :(

Dude I got my freaking gloves back today that had the ripped lining. The worst fix job I have ever seen in my life. It's barely a fix! WTF!? Freaking JC gloves have given me nothing but grief yet I order a pair for my friend and he hasn't had any problems. 2 pairs and 2 different problems. :(

No love for Fred huh?Never mind *brohug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back