Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. That is a great looking glove. Simple, yet elegant.

Last edited:
Do all these Mexican glove makers make hook and loop versions as well, or is lace up the only option? I've seen H+L JCs, but not Seyer, Zepol, Cassanova, etc.

Do all these Mexican glove makers make hook and loop versions as well, or is lace up the only option? I've seen H+L JCs, but not Seyer, Zepol, Cassanova, etc.

Zepol H/L
397068_190859401012805_1637402458_n.jpg

Casanova
casanova-professional-boxing-gloves-with-lace-and-velcro-in-combinated-colours

Are both of the above hook and loop, or are they lace-ups with hook and loop converts? They look like the latter to me, and I was really looking for something lace-less.

Are both of the above hook and loop, or are they lace-ups with hook and loop converts? They look like the latter to me, and I was really looking for something lace-less.

I believe they are a combination of laces and hook and loop, not converters. I'm pretty sure they could make a pair without laces. Guess you would have to contact Juan to confirm.

They are both lace up with hook and loops attached. You can just take off the laces if you really want H&L.

They are both lace up with hook and loops attached. You can just take off the laces if you really want H&L.
Really? I can't image that would be the case when looking at the design of the glove. I would think that a good deal of your palm would be exposed if you were to just ditch the laces. That portion of the glove is typically stitched up on hook and loop gloves.

Really? I can't image that would be the case when looking at the design of the glove. I would think that a good deal of your palm would be exposed if you were to just ditch the laces. That portion of the glove is typically stitched up on hook and loop gloves.

Hi Beagle.

Here a pair of Zepol Hybrid(laces+ HL)
and a pair of Campeon, extra wide velcro strap and HL only, elastic in the palm

online photo storage

upload foto

Sweet. How are the Campeon when compared to the rest? Are they similar quality?
I've had something like 6 pairs of Reyes come through my hands, but my experience with Mexican gear ends there. I want to add another pair of gloves to my gear bag, but don't want to have to lace them up every time.

Sweet. How are the Campeon when compared to the rest? Are they similar quality?
I've had something like 6 pairs of Reyes come through my hands, but my experience with Mexican gear ends there. I want to add another pair of gloves to my gear bag, but don't want to have to lace them up every time.

Hi Beagle

Please contact me at [email protected]

Here are some pictures of my JC Groin Belt that I recently leather spray painted in a different thread. This goes to show you what color combinations can be done on this particular groin belt. I know Juan doesn't sell JC's anymore, but you can always go with a different brand if you're interested.

JCGroinBelt.jpg

JCGroinBelt2.jpg

Just got my facesaver from Juan and some JC velcros in 12 oz love the headgear since im a big boy the weight does not affect me at all and vision seems to be great wont know for sure untill i sparr in it. the gloves look great but are very stiff. should break in nicely though.

if the pad is always this hard i might pick up a pair of 10oz for fights as log as they alowme to ware my own gloves.

Just got my facesaver from Juan and some JC velcros in 12 oz love the headgear since im a big boy the weight does not affect me at all and vision seems to be great wont know for sure untill i sparr in it. the gloves look great but are very stiff. should break in nicely though.

Good to hear, as a fellow big boy you'll love it as long as you get longer laces.

Fyi the Jc's will remain stiff, I've used mine for a few months and it's still the same. Good for drills, mitts and heavybag. Or sparring if you really don't like someone lol.

yea i got some new laces yesterday and it felt great. thats why i was thinking some pacheco fight gloves might add some extra pop to my overhand right and my left hook

yea i got some new laces yesterday and it felt great. thats why i was thinking some pacheco fight gloves might add some extra pop to my overhand right and my left hook

If you mean for an actual fight, only Seyer and Reyes make sanctioned fight gloves.

Here are some pictures of my JC Groin Belt that I recently leather spray painted in a different thread. This goes to show you what color combinations can be done on this particular groin belt. I know Juan doesn't sell JC's anymore, but you can always go with a different brand if you're interested.

Great job! Very sharp looking gear, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back