Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gloves are here, I just have to go pick them up later.

I'm hatin' on you guys right now. :icon_evil

I have to wait for my heavy bag chain from title anyways. Might as well make a few mini d/e bag while I wait. I owe a few people, plus I saw a video of Robert Guerrero using a d/e horizontally. I want to try that out myself.

I'm hatin' on you guys right now. :icon_evil

I have to wait for my heavy bag chain from title anyways. Might as well make a few mini d/e bag while I wait. I owe a few people, plus I saw a video of Robert Guerrero using a d/e horizontally. I want to try that out myself.

In a couple hours I'll be putting my gloves to work!

The fit on these gloves is awesome, the foam is hard, but should break in nicely.

The fit on these gloves is awesome, the foam is hard, but should break in nicely.

Nice to here than You have a good first impression of your gloves, sorry again for the slow shipping service.

Saludos

Way to rub it in! Hope you sprain something. :p

I'm actually looking forward to hearing how they perform.

I spoke to soon..by the time I got to the bag I was running on fumes but I got in a good 3 rounds. I felt the padding somewhat hard but it felt great connecting the bag with hooks and uppers.

Hey tech, what other brands would you recommend that have the hybrid velcro-on-lace system?
The velcro strap-only gloves I've tried all seemed to be designed a bit inferior to the lace-up versions of the same brand. The hybrid seems like it would give the best of both worlds.

However, would you say that the Seyer velcros are equal in protection to the lace-ups? I know you mentioned they have cheaper leather, but if it's the only way to get a pair of gloves that are narrower than Cletos that also have the densest padding, I'd consider giving it a shot.

Hey tech, what other brands would you recommend that have the hybrid velcro-on-lace system?
The velcro strap-only gloves I've tried all seemed to be designed a bit inferior to the lace-up versions of the same brand. The hybrid seems like it would give the best of both worlds.

However, would you say that the Seyer velcros are equal in protection to the lace-ups? I know you mentioned they have cheaper leather, but if it's the only way to get a pair of gloves that are narrower than Cletos that also have the densest padding, I'd consider giving it a shot.

When I first started Muay Thai I had a pair of Japanese styled Grant Gloves that had both laces and straps. It was hard for my coach to lace them up because you can't go around the wrist, because the strap got in the way and could only lace the top part of the wrist.

When I first started Muay Thai I had a pair of Japanese styled Grant Gloves that had both laces and straps. It was hard for my coach to lace them up because you can't go around the wrist, because the strap got in the way and could only lace the top part of the wrist.

Yikes, that makes it sound like hybrids would only be good for using the straps only.

Yikes, that makes it sound like hybrids would only be good for using the straps only.

I think it was a fail on grants part, we tried lacing around the strap after it was secured, however the grant logo was to slippery and kept moving the laces off my wrist.

I think it was a fail on grants part, we tried lacing around the strap after it was secured, however the grant logo was to slippery and kept moving the laces off my wrist.

Maybe try lacing the gloves the opposite way, so you tie the knot around the wrist instead of the forearm. Personally I would just do some bungee cord to work with the velcro strap.

Mississauga-20120814-00198.jpg

Swapped the laces for some extra flash.

Hi JC.

Seyer are only Velcro strap gloves, but are just for "fun" gloves not professional quality.

JC have very nice pad, Boxeo a little less denser pad but very nice, Boxeo are "ugly" but very good gloves

think my next gloves are Casanovas, badass classic look

edit: or JC Pachecos. ugh.

#firstworldproblems

Last edited:
I came across this picture recently, does Casanova still make 8oz. fight gloves or are these a vintage pair?

2fb9007922e3c535292d42873795dc43.jpg

Hey Rsk.

That gloves are vintage pair, Casanova still make 8 oz and 10 oz gloves, but are not official fight gloves, in M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back