Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or both???

Yea, are both, but Casanova can make gloves with attached thumb, the ones in the pictures I load are with attached thumb, that is a requirement for have certified gloves.

Saludos

I received the gloves today! I would once again like to add that Technoir was a pleasure to purchase from. I ordered a pair of Seyer 10 oz. gloves. I had told SPANKY LA that when these arrived I would do a comparison to my Grant Training gloves 16 oz. I have yet to train in these so the following will be based off my initial impressions. Since I am comparing 10 oz. gloves to 16 oz. gloves and not Grant's Fight glove model this comparison is debased.

With all that said, there are some qualities in the Seyers that I prefer over the Grants'. The thumb positioning is much more natural in the Seyers, it feels organic as to otherwise being a prisoner. Also, while Grant Training gloves need hours of abuse to be broken in, the Seyers feel that way straightforward. Seyers will also fit like a cast on your entire hand while the Grants feel that way only on the wrist. This is due to the broadness of the Grant's and the slender fit of the Seyers. The lining on the inside is much more comfortable and less abrasive.

I love the hand compartment in the Grants, so voluminous. It allows me to possess a large pad for my knuckles. It is also apparent that while Seyers are great quality made gloves, Grant is a degree above. The leather on the Grants is also of much better quality. Opening your hand in the Grants' is done facile manner while Seyers is done upon much force. Perhaps my favorite thing about the Grants is the dense padding, it provides astounding protection to the whole hand.

Both of these gloves are amazing and offer many mentionable qualities. I cannot say, without having used Grant Fight gloves, which I prefer as both are used for different purposes and are different type of gloves. Each have amazing knuckle protection with the Grants offering more, as previously mentioned, they are 16 oz. However, the amount of protection in the Seyers for being only 10 oz. is comparable to the aforementioned Grants. Wrist support is better on the Grants, however they also have a long triple ribbed cuff and padding along the inside of the cuff, once again though being seemingly less the Seyers' are comparable.

What's the word on how your gloves are doing?

What's the word on how your gloves are doing?

Unfortunately unforeseen events came up and I have not been able to use them yet so have have to stand by what I already wrote. rskbreaker I will get some photos up tomorrow.

@ Technoir. Are the vintage casanova and new casanova. Different in quality , fit etc

@ Technoir. Are the vintage casanova and new casanova. Different in quality , fit etc

Hi Jack.

Yea the quality it is diferent, old Casanovas have another type of pad (artificial one), have more cotton on the wrist and the form was different, the "new" Casanovas have latex padd, less protection on the wrist and looks more flat than the old ones, since I like the narrowest gloves I don

Hey, a pair of 16 oz Zepol

Foto0167.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

picture hosting

If your heavy handed I would not use the pachecos for sparring.

Oooooh, someone is going to get KO'd, don't worry about that, haha :icon_lol:. Just not someone from my gym; I am going to save the JCs for outside sparring.

Oooooh, someone is going to get KO'd, don't worry about that, haha :icon_lol:. Just not someone from my gym; I am going to save the JCs for outside sparring.

Yea they are so lightweight and the glove curves nicely to my hands. I lend my gloves to a buddy who's heavy handed and I was using his reyes and man was I seeing little flashes of lights.

Wow, so the JCs are pretty stiff, huh?
I was seriously considering Seyers for new bag gloves, as they have the hardest padding and one of the narrowest fits according to tech...

But all this JC hype is starting to get to me.

What am I even doing. Lace-ups for bagwork would be a pain in the ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back