Meryl Streep Mixed Martial Arts Is Not An Art! :)

Oh and let's not forget this is the same woman who lept to her feet and gave a child rapist a standing ovation at the 2003 Oscars!!

you guys are both agreeing with each other without doing so.

She shoulda gotten the stage hook after that comment.

Not so much for the fact that she dissed football and MMA, but that she said something really stupid about diversity and immigration.

But whatever, just another actor acting self righteous. Is normal.

So many other things she could've mentioned that might have helped bring folks together . . . but no, let's take this opportunity to bash the POTUS-elect.

The wife had it on for the last half hour or so of the show last night. All I could think of is how Rogan explains actors are and how weird Hollywood people are, he is on the money!

I think they call it an art because it ain't science. Would rather watch MMA than any of the crap movies that she was in except "The Deerhunter".

Yeah it really was a weird thing to say, unless she is implying that there are a lot of illegal immigrants working in Hollywood.
I'm sure there are a lot of illegals in Hollywood but she wasn't talking about the camera guy she was talking about actors and powerful Hollywood people. She was either being dramatic because she's a lying and manipulative liberal or she's a complete moron.

I was watching it when she said that, and my mom and sister look over at me shocked and go "oooooooohhhh nooooo"

What a retard. Get over it lady you lost, why are you picking fights with MMA fans? And fuck all those who applauded. That would have been sick if a bunch of tapout wearing sherdoggers stormed that place and just filled the red carpet with uppercuts.

What a retard. Get over it lady you lost, why are you picking fights with MMA fans? And fuck all those who applauded. That would have been sick if a bunch of tapout wearing sherdoggers stormed that place and just filled the red carpet with uppercuts.

About the only thing that would have made that circle-jerk worth watching:rolleyes:

Rich old lady is out of touch? Breaking news over here.

I'm gonna take a guess here. Not one of these celebrity activists mentioned American tanks on the Russian border all night did they

I'm confused, I always thought MMA was simply a Mixture of various Martial Arts. I dont recall anyone confusing MMA wth traditional arts such as sculpture, literature and poetry.

As usual, people from the fine arts (acting, sculpture, painting, music) think that other arts (including the martial arts) are beneath them. Surprise, surprise. I see little difference between modern Hollywood actors and the pretentious kids who walk around on college campuses wearing berets and talking about how their life plan is to live in Paris because they see themselves as "more European than American."

MMA = Mixed Martial Arts

Taking the term at face value, it indicates that it is mixture of various martial arts. This is true. So MMA isn't the art itself, it is something that contains many arts.

She's right. Who in the their right mind thinks two backyard brawlers swinging for the fences is art.

ce022-5.gif

Last edited:
I love Meryl Streep as an actor. However, why is it that the actors and actresses feel a need to be so political all of the time? They seem to preach and condescend to the rest of us idiots. I am all in favor of speaking your mind, but it would seem that these actor types think they know more than everyone else and must save us from ourselves.

Martial arts ARE arts. It says it in the name ;). It is self expression as much as any other art. It has also been around for thousands of years. Do I expect some old lady (who is a great actor) to understand? No. Should she? Probably not.

Cub Swanson's beautiful destruction art is better than any Meryl Streep crappola. She should STFU and take the stick out of her butt.

Would still hit it but she simply doesn't understand it. Even Plato practied martial arts lol.

Back