Meryl Streep Mixed Martial Arts Is Not An Art! :)

Dana White's dream has come true. MMA on the same level as NFL.

she's slowly turning into a caricature of herself.

Old lady saying old lady shit.

Not worth any type of duscussion, with the exception of how out-of-touch old Hollywood hags are going on social and political rants when they're accepting awards.

Whenever I hear she died, which I doubt is in the distant future, this'll be my immediate reaction...

tumblr_lm4vas9zvp1qj6l4co1_500.gif

biatch is cray.

She's been told that she's the best for so long, that she started believing it.

And THUS the judgmental bitching begins.

If I recall correctly, there were quite a few actors who volunteerd to leave if he became president.

I guess she equates illegal immigrants with foreign Hollywood actors, so better call up INS and make sure these guys are getting paid while they are here on their ESTA visas.

Also, comparing US Citizens born abroad (my wife gave birth to two of them by the way) to illegal immigrants is not 'wanting to get rid of people'.

Weird shit, Meryl.

She's an idiot and fame has gotten to her head if she believes her speech was going to be some sort of rallying point.

I agree that MMA isn't really an art, but he speech was still extremely stupid. Basically trying to play the victim as a privileged millionaire and then taking a big jab at middle america by insulting two of their favorites pass times.

Also what exactly is she referring to? Whose talking about kicking out actors and legal immigrants?

It's a message full of manipulation and dishonesty. Or she's a complete imbecile and shouldn't be making "political" speeches.

Most people don't question what celebretries have to say and some even idolize them like gods. This is a great example of how easy it's to manipulate the U.S. she's being praised for making no fucking sense.

No. She was referencing him wanting to kick out all immigrants.

If you kick out all the immigrants from Hollywood.....etc.

Did he really say he wanted to kick out all immigrants? All I've ever heard him speak about were Illegal immigrants.

Last edited:
It's a message full of manipulation and dishonesty. Or she's a complete imbecile and shouldn't be making "political" speeches.

Most people don't question what celebretries have to say and some even idolize them like gods. This is a great example of how easy it's to manipulate the U.S. she's being praised for making no fucking sense.

Yeah it really was a weird thing to say, unless she is implying that there are a lot of illegal immigrants working in Hollywood.

One of the faults in her statement is that even if what she said were true, it's not like movies aren't made in other places and then exported around the world.

Even though it has "arts" in its name, MMA is a sport. There is a winner and a loser. Filmmaking, painting, drawing, etc. doesn't involve competition.

Seeing how she's at an award's show, then yea, the arts do involve competition. A lot of competition actually, just ask an actor that's auditioned hundreds of times only to get no call backs.

...and while the sport itself may not be an art, there are artistic moments involved (I'd also include other sports like basketball and soccer) if you accept the definition that art is "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination". Prime Anderson Silva and Lionel Messi are absolutely artist.

She's an idiot and fame has gotten to her head if she believes her speech was going to be some sort of rallying point.

This is a bit War Room-ish, but it is a rallying point, just not for the people she wants it to be for. It's that same pretentious, arrogant, snobbishness that helped fuel Trump into office. It's so weird that these "highly educated" people don't see this. Keep on alienating people liberal media (and I say this as someone that is as middle as they come but left leaning).

Yeah, OK. Meryl. Now get your ass in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, there's a good girl.:)

Did he really say he wanted to kick out all immigrants? All I've ever heard him speak about are Illegal immigrants.
Yes. But she doesn't mention that in her speech. She just says "if we kick them all out...."

Yes. But she doesn't mention that in her speech. She just says "if we kick them all out...."

Source?

So basically she just made up a very unlikely scenario with no backing so that she could cry victim and pretend like the US would be at a big loss without Hollywood actors?

Source?

So basically she just made up a very unlikely scenario with no backing so that she could cry victim and pretend like the US would be at a big loss without Hollywood actors?
did you skip the first post of this thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back