Melendez: Benson needs to beat me to be #1

I don't know about Gilbert being the top dog at 155, but he might be top five caliber. The only thing he is missing is a big win; right now, it's either Thomson or Guida. Aoki is a solid win, but he is nearly a fringe top ten IMO. Thomson and Masvidal might find a comfortable home in the UFC, but the rest of Melendez's competition has been lackluster to say the least. If Gil finds a good win, maybe he can get the respect he's been wanting this whole time.

Keep in mind, the other two Cesar fighters that transferred to the UFC have failed to win a title so far (Shields and Diaz).

pettis beats henderson again.

not sure about melendez, though.

Again, my impression of Gil's wins is a matter of opinion. Who'd he beat to be #1?.

Yes they are. Who would he beat to be number #1? I would imagine the guy who's currently ranked #1...

You said Gil was as proven if not more so than anyone, you also in general seem to disagree with the notion that he is not #1.

spot on...Josh Barnett is more proven than any HW in the world. He's also not ranked #1....This is very basic logic.

My first statement simply implies that I don't believe Gil is even the #1 contender, let alone #1 overall.

I understand that. You forgot to add, proven until he fights in the UFC...

If you're not getting the picture yet? Yes, you put your foot in you mouth.

I find it amusing that you take everything out of context, then ask that we pay attention

I'm sure you do. It's very unfortunate. Simply paying attention would have solved this for you.

Lol @ Melendez, who has he beat? Holding some kinda D-League belt does not make you that "somebody" to beat to be considered as #1. Put him up against JLau or Maynard for a test.

^this

Maynard has stated that Gil deserves to be fighting for a title ahead of anyone because of everything he's accomplished in MMA....

And more importantly....

You guys realize that Gil has been ranked in the top 10 P4P list a great deal longer than Henderson ever was, right? He's been ranked in the top 10 LW's since 2006...

But, he probably should prove himself first...He's just not accomplished enough.

I understand that. You forgot to add, proven until he fights in the UFC...

If you're not getting the picture yet? Yes, you put your foot in you mouth.

Is that what I said? I'm pretty sure I said he needs to prove he deserves to fight Benson. As in, he's not #1 and he's not even #2. You quoted it yourself numerous times. Nice try.

Maynard has stated that Gil deserves to be fighting for a title ahead of anyone because of everything he's accomplished in MMA....

And more importantly....

You guys realize that Gil has been ranked in the top 10 P4P list a great deal longer than Henderson ever was, right? He's been ranked in the top 10 LW's since 2006...

But, he probably should prove himself first...He's just not accomplished enough.

So staying in an organization that struggles to find you good opponents and has you fight the same guy 4 times who's not even ranked is how you get to #1? Because I thought going and fighting against the best guys was how you did that.

And more importantly....

I usually allow you to "go and blow". However, would you please verify just where "Maynard has stated",etc etc".
Thanks. I'm sure it's on the tip of your tongue knowing that you would never just pull something out of your rectum to support a position.

Bendo would show the world that Melendez is heavily overrated.

Bendo would run through the whole Cesar Gracie camp with Nick included.

I usually allow you to "go and blow". However, would you please verify just where "Maynard has stated",etc etc".
Thanks. I'm sure it's on the tip of your tongue knowing that you would never just pull something out of your rectum to support a position.

Video post from from right before Maynard has the title fight vs Edgar. I'll try and find it. I do remember we were all talking about it when it happened.

LOL. How is beating the #6 LW in the world a requirement to be #1?

I want to see that fight. Gil is definitelly a tougher style match-up than Nate. Gil can run a bit hot and cold.. If he comes out hot, he could beat Bendo.

Is that what I said? I'm pretty sure I said he needs to prove he deserves to fight Benson. As in, he's not #1 and he's not even #2. You quoted it yourself numerous times. Nice try.

Would you like me to quote your exact words for a 3rd time? Or are you done now?

Let me know.

Not true. Hes already number one. Melendez is the one who need to prove something

Bendo could beat Melendez and Josh Thompson at the same time

Back