Melendez: Benson needs to beat me to be #1

I agree...And he's more than willing to do that...I'm a bigger fan of this revision as opposed to below.

Gil is every bit if not more proven than any LW in the world today...

He doesn't need any type of UFC warm up, nor should a fighter of his stature require it...He's more than ready to take on Henderson.

Based on the fact that he's been the SF champ for so long, I have no problem with him walking in and getting a title shot. But I don't think his record suggests that he's as proven if not more so than a lot of guys in the UFC. I'm not trying to say that fights only matter in the UFC but I don't think Gil's wins are that impressive.

Very good. Now there is no need to add anything else.

Dude, what are we talking about here? You're skewing Gil's words yourself. He says he's #1, we say he's not and you say we're discrediting him entirely by saying that. Get it together.

I was hoping for Melendez vs Thompson

winner gets shitle tot

Melendez can get to the back of the line, better yet make him fight the Cerrone/Pettis loser or even Maynard to see how he stacks up in the real world.

Based on the fact that he's been the SF champ for so long, I have no problem with him walking in and getting a title shot. But I don't think his record suggests that he's as proven if not more so than a lot of guys in the UFC. I'm not trying to say that fights only matter in the UFC but I don't think Gil's wins are that impressive.

The entire point of the thread is that he's claiming he's #1, which no MMA ranking system, fan, or fighter would agree with. Dumbass there is just being contrary to show what an elite MMA fan he is...all the while missing the entire point, which is standard issue for him.

But I don't think his record suggests that he's as proven if not more so than a lot of guys in the UFC. I'm not trying to say that fights only matter in the UFC but I don't think Gil's wins are that impressive.

That's very sad...

On a side note...You guys do realize fighters like Thomson and Masvidal ARE coming to the UFC? And you realize they will be fighting in the UFC 155 division, right?

And when they either beat or bring the top fighters to the limit? It will be very interesting to see how many react...Like maybe this will convince some his wins are impressive even though you were not instructed by a marketing campaign to think that way....

I remember this guy from the WEC who was discredited in the same manner many are doing to Gil....Ya, he's the UFC champ now...

The entire point of the thread is that he's claiming he's #1, which no MMA ranking system, fan, or fighter would agree with. Dumbass there is just being contrary to show what an elite MMA fan he is.

That's fine, but I don't like the fact that me saying "Gil is not #1 or even #2" = "I think Gil sucks."

Melendez is a great fighter and has a better chance of beating Benson than a lot of posters in this thread think.

I still think Ben wins though. I wouldn't be a proper nuthugger if I believed otherwise.

Dude, what are we talking about here? You're skewing Gil's words yourself. He says he's #1, we say he's not and you say we're discrediting him entirely by saying that. Get it together.

Take note of where I came into the conversation and pay attention...

That's very sad...

On a side note...You guys do realize fighters like Thomson and Masvidal ARE coming to the UFC? And you realize they will be fighting in the UFC 155 division, right?

And when they either beat or bring the top fighters to the limit? It will be very interesting to see how many react...Like maybe this will convince some his wins are impressive even though you were not instructed by a marketing campaign to think that way....

I remember this guy from the WEC who was discredited in the same manner many are doing to Gil....Ya, he's the UFC champ now...

What's sad? That my opinion differs from yours. Because you think one fighter is the #1 LW in the world and I don't? That's sad? Get a grip. Just because I don't think Gil isn't the #1 LW or even #2 LW or #3 LW for that matter does not mean that I think Gil not a "proven" fighter.

That's fine, but I don't like the fact that me saying "Gil is not #1 or even #2" = "I think Gil sucks."

You've allowed yourself to be dragged into a shit conversation with a moron. You have no one to blame but yourself. Ignore...as I do.

The entire point of the thread is that he's claiming he's #1, which no MMA ranking system, fan, or fighter would agree with. Dumbass there is just being contrary to show what an elite MMA fan he is...all the while missing the entire point, which is standard issue for him.

Ah and a visit from facedancer once again not making a hint of sense nor paying attention. It's what she does best.

Ah and a visit from facedancer once again not making a hint of sense nor paying attention. It's what she does best.

Interesting observation or your version of an insult? Either way, about as accurate as any other opinion you shit out.

What's sad?

That you don't thin Gilbert Melendez has impressive wins. Yes it's sad.

That my opinion differs from yours.

No not at all...It's explained above.

Because you think one fighter is the #1 LW in the world and I don't?

Show me where I ever stated once that Gil should be the #1 ranked LW in the world. Again paying attention is imporant. Then you can actually follow what's going on here.

That's sad? Get a grip. Just because I don't think Gil isn't the #1 LW or even #2 LW or #3 LW for that matter does not mean that I think Gil not a "proven" fighter.

I'd stick with this mindset.

Instead of this...(aka where I came into this conversation)

Originally Posted by DarkKnight81 View Post
No he doesn't. You need to get in the UFC and prove you deserve to fight Benson.

You've allowed yourself to be dragged into a shit conversation with a moron. You have no one to blame but yourself. Ignore...as I do.

I see you've resorted to what you do best FD...

You have absolutely no way of gaining any ground in any type of debate, realize you're wrong and embarrassed again, so divert all attention from the subject and just insult...

Well done.

That you don't thin Gilbert Melendez has impressive wins. Yes it's sad.

No not at all...It's explained above.

Show me where I ever stated once that Gil should be the #1 ranked LW in the world. Again paying attention is imporant. Then you can actually follow what's going on here.

I'd stick with this mindset.

Instead of this...(aka where I came into this conversation)

Again, my impression of Gil's wins is a matter of opinion. Who'd he beat to be #1?

You said Gil was as proven if not more so than anyone, you also in general seem to disagree with the notion that he is not #1.

My first statement simply implies that I don't believe Gil is even the #1 contender, let alone #1 overall.

I find it amusing that you take everything out of context, then ask that we pay attention.

Back