Meat is a great poster, and admin. is a thankless job but...

Originally posted by CriPpLeR
Thats a real interesting comment,because when you look at who's online,there is the same amount of guests(if not more)as members,and 99.9% of them are reading the m.m.a discussion.

you mean there's actual discussion in mma? i don't buy it.

Originally posted by hydra
What the fuck, some of you guys on this board are complete douches.

Does it make you feel tougher to be a smartass on the internet and call someone a "NEWB"? I bet you had a great chuckle all by your lonesome self when you hit post.

well i for one feel much tougher when i call people like you newbs and shit like that... and i'm not alone right now so there are several people laughing at you...

I post here like it's my damn job, if someone made it official I'd be more than happy to oblige. Buahahahhaha!

i post here instead of working my job... and if someone made it official i would post on some other website cause my whole point is...

i aint working for shit....

Thats a real interesting comment,because when you look at who's online,there is the same amount of guests(if not more)as members,and 99.9% of them are reading the m.m.a discussion.

whats the point? even if a tiny minority actually read and post in off topic how does that justify unreasonable bannings and so on?

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
whats the point? even if a tiny minority actually read and post in off topic how does that justify unreasonable bannings and so on?

shit man,your trying to drag me into a argument,and i've just been offered the ride.

Opinions man,everyone has them.

shit man,your trying to drag me into a argument,and i've just been offered the ride.

fair enough, suffice it to say I wish things were diffrent in OT and I wish someone else were making the decisions around here.

Holy shnikes, the Crip is posting.

Originally posted by Peter McNeil
I really believe he has lost touch with his constituents. Perhaps he needs to step back and let some fresh blood come in and run the joint for awhile.

thoughts?
Meatfist has put his heart and soul into Sherdogs. I dont think there is an MMA site out their that has an Admin that works harder or cares more about their forums than Meatfist does.

what do admins/mods do????

and since we never see him posting anymore cause he's so busy doesn't it seem like a demotion rather then a promotion????

Do you Kimo or Crippler work as hard as DMF? Just asking as I hardly see you guys!

Crippler is on invisible mode.

if only a tiny minority reads OT, why care what happens in here?

First, I like to thank J-Garden for given a resonable response, as usual. Much appreciated. Keep us updated as you get this cleaned up.

Originally posted by kimo
Meatfist has put his heart and soul into Sherdogs. I dont think there is an MMA site out their that has an Admin that works harder or cares more about their forums than Meatfist does.

Neither one of these comments actually address anything. No one doubts that Meat cares about Sherdog or that he works hard. What I do doubt is his ability to make reasonable, logical, or fair administrative decisions. And what is clearly evidenced is his (and most of the administration's) total lack of willingness to communicate with the posting masses, to explain any decisions, or to take responsibility for your actions.

Perhaps there should be term limits for admins. It must be difficult to maintain perspective way up there. From what I understand previous powers had serious problems maintaining perspective as well (though that may have had more to do with them being total cocks)...

Well, I've got about a half an hour so I'll see what I can get done in that time and then you'll have to play without me. I must have been asleep when they were teaching us multiple quotes in modschool so you'll have to bear with the shorthand.

McNeil: "I feel he's lost touch with his constituents, and it's time for new blood."

A: You're certainly entitled to your opinion Pete, but I'm not working under your tax dollars here. It's a privately run forum and the staff was asked to moderate not according to how some people would like things to be run, but by how Sherdog would like things to be run. I don't see why the protocol for unseating me should be any different from that of the other egomaniacal dickheads who've come before me. Complain to the man upstairs and tell him I'm shitting up his board, it's been pretty effective in the past. Contrary to popular belief however, I didn't ask anyone to become a mod or an administrator, they asked me to help out, and when they don't feel I'm doing that or they'd like some new blood they'll be no hard feelings on my end. That's the way shit crumbles. I won't storm off in a huff, I'll go back to posting and enjoying the site.

McNeil: "I don't know if any of those pms were real or not, but if meat feels that a forum without OT might be a better place I don't think he really has any place moderating it. In the past I haven't been one to bitch about mods or admin but some of the recent decisions really seem to have a personal agenda to them and if they're real it proves that fact"

A: The pms that were brought into the booth are still all in the booth and were commented on by the mods and people on the board. The quotes that were on them were mine so I'll address the contents. That said, I'm sure whichever genius hacked into DRA's account would logically have been smart enough to toss the best and most damaging shit out in the open as fast as possible so I'll only claim what's already on record here as mine. I still have all the pm's I've sent or received from DRA over the last month or so so it's easy enough for me to check. Anything else can be considered fabricated horseshit as far as I'm concerned.

Here is the quote that is causing the stir as it was in the original pm conversation, but which our editor dissected into a couple different OT threads for maximum effect:

"Though everything's not over regarding who's going to be punished for this and the forum raid, I've only had limited help to work with. What gets done today will pretty much tell the tale, but I'll do the best I can with what I have. Of course I'd rather not have you run off by a bunch of idiots, but I understand wanting to just say to hell with it and not bother anymore."

DRA: "Thanks, I hope you guys finally get those assholes under control some day. If not, what the hell, delete the OT section. (smilie face)!"

"I agree with you 100%. Of all the moderating problems on the board, I'd say about 80% of them come out of OT and the vast majority of those problems stem from a very small group of people. It's ridiculous to cater to them. It's funny you should mention deleting OT, I can't see it ever happening nor would I ever want it to, but the same vision passed through my mind of what the site would be like without it and all the problems. I'd like to see the idiocy taken out."

To qualify my comments, yes, I do think anyone who feels the need to take what's posted on a forum to these extremes is an idiot and I would hate to see someone run off because of it. I agreed 100% percent that I'd like to get those being assholes under control. I do think in the context of the board as a whole that catering to a handful of people who cause alot of problems is ridiculous. I can't see OT ever being deleted nor would I want it to be. (Here I drift off into a little daydream using the tool of imagination to wonder what it be like without problems). "I'd like to see the idiocy taken out", well that's just a beautiful statement by a romantic who didn't know his jottings would ever see the light of day.

As to whether I have any business moderating OT or not because of this quote, I stated clearly that I don't ever want there to NOT be an OT, only no idiocy. I suppose everyone's definition of idiocy varies, but I'm entitled to mine just as you're entitled to think that a pilfered quote tossed up out of context for public consumption and critique can sum up my entire opinion of 3 years of hanging out, enjoying and dealing with the intricacies of OT and most of the people who hang out here. I still follow everything that goes on here, much moreso than any other forum, I just don't have the time to post anymore due to all the other shit. If you construe that as being alienated, again you're free to have your opinion.

As far as the recent shit decisions and the personal agenda goes, people may not want to speak up because they don't have the time or desire to jump through the hoops and field an ocean of questions, but the recent "unpopular" decisions
was an overwhelming consensus. From what I recall there were two or three mods who mildly disagreed, two or three who either didn't post in the booth or contact me personally, but everyone else including the other administrators were vocally behind the calls.

That will have to do for my commentary this evening.

Happy Holidays.

Originally posted by Drunken Meat Fist
Well, I've got about a half an hour so I'll see what I can get done in that time and then you'll have to play without me. I must have been asleep when they were teaching us multiple quotes in modschool so you'll have to bear with the shorthand.

McNeil: "I feel he's lost touch with his constituents, and it's time for new blood."

A: You're certainly entitled to your opinion Pete, but I'm not working under your tax dollars here. It's a privately run forum and the staff was asked to moderate not according to how some people would like things to be run, but by how Sherdog would like things to be run. I don't see why the protocol for unseating me should be any different from that of the other egomaniacal dickheads who've come before me. Complain to the man upstairs and tell him I'm shitting up his board, it's been pretty effective in the past. Contrary to popular belief however, I didn't ask anyone to become a mod or an administrator, they asked me to help out, and when they don't feel I'm doing that or they'd like some new blood they'll be no hard feelings on my end. That's the way shit crumbles. I won't storm off in a huff, I'll go back to posting and enjoying the site.

McNeil: "I don't know if any of those pms were real or not, but if meat feels that a forum without OT might be a better place I don't think he really has any place moderating it. In the past I haven't been one to bitch about mods or admin but some of the recent decisions really seem to have a personal agenda to them and if they're real it proves that fact"

A: The pms that were brought into the booth are still all in the booth and were commented on by the mods and people on the board. The quotes that were on them were mine so I'll address the contents. That said, I'm sure whichever genius hacked into DRA's account would logically have been smart enough to toss the best and most damaging shit out in the open as fast as possible so I'll only claim what's already on record here as mine. I still have all the pm's I've sent or received from DRA over the last month or so so it's easy enough for me to check. Anything else can be considered fabricated horseshit as far as I'm concerned.

Here is the quote that is causing the stir as it was in the original pm conversation, but which our editor dissected into a couple different OT threads for maximum effect:

"Though everything's not over regarding who's going to be punished for this and the forum raid, I've only had limited help to work with. What gets done today will pretty much tell the tale, but I'll do the best I can with what I have. Of course I'd rather not have you run off by a bunch of idiots, but I understand wanting to just say to hell with it and not bother anymore."

DRA: "Thanks, I hope you guys finally get those assholes under control some day. If not, what the hell, delete the OT section. (smilie face)!"

"I agree with you 100%. Of all the moderating problems on the board, I'd say about 80% of them come out of OT and the vast majority of those problems stem from a very small group of people. It's ridiculous to cater to them. It's funny you should mention deleting OT, I can't see it ever happening nor would I ever want it to, but the same vision passed through my mind of what the site would be like without it and all the problems. I'd like to see the idiocy taken out."

To qualify my comments, yes, I do think anyone who feels the need to take what's posted on a forum to these extremes is an idiot and I would hate to see someone run off because of it. I agreed 100% percent that I'd like to get those being assholes under control. I do think in the context of the board as a whole that catering to a handful of people who cause alot of problems is ridiculous. I can't see OT ever being deleted nor would I want it to be. (Here I drift off into a little daydream using the tool of imagination to wonder what it be like without problems). "I'd like to see the idiocy taken out", well that's just a beautiful statement by a romantic who didn't know his jottings would ever see the light of day.

As to whether I have any business moderating OT or not because of this quote, I stated clearly that I don't ever want there to NOT be an OT, only no idiocy. I suppose everyone's definition of idiocy varies, but I'm entitled to mine just as you're entitled to think that a pilfered quote tossed up out of context for public consumption and critique can sum up my entire opinion of 3 years of hanging out, enjoying and dealing with the intricacies of OT and most of the people who hang out here. I still follow everything that goes on here, much moreso than any other forum, I just don't have the time to post anymore due to all the other shit. If you construe that as being alienated, again you're free to have your opinion.

As far as the recent shit decisions and the personal agenda goes, people may not want to speak up because they don't have the time or desire to jump through the hoops and field an ocean of questions, but the recent "unpopular" decisions
was an overwhelming consensus. From what I recall there were two or three mods who mildly disagreed, two or three who either didn't post in the booth or contact me personally, but everyone else including the other administrators were vocally behind the calls.

That will have to do for my commentary this evening.

Happy Holidays.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Hey, here's the point. The same "idiocy" is the "idiocy" that YOU took part in before your climb through the ranks. Those "assholes" that you want "under control" used to be your buddies before the same rise to power.

Unfortunately, you've forgotten that it was the Meat Fist that was an out of control asshole engaging in a lot of idiocy that was chosen to be a moderator initially.

Whatever, though. We've danced around the topic time and time again, and neither of us is ever going to say something to change the views of the others. I'd just like some of the newer posters to know the story.

Oh, and by the way...you've decided that DRA and his nightmare family of tools are better to have around than Punk, Cyber, Vod, Jugg Nilly and all the vets that you used to kick it with.

Strange, huh?

after reading the above 'statement', the phrase 'political bullshit' didn't take long to cross my mind.

I bet she gave you fabulous head, sir.

Originally posted by RangerATL

Oh, and by the way...you've decided that DRA and his nightmare family of tools are better to have around than Punk, Cyber, Vod, Jugg Nilly and all the vets that you used to kick it with.

Strange, huh?

This is the most disturbing part. Meat Fist the poster would have had little at all to do with dra, dra, dra. He's the biggest cancer on here.

Back