McKenzie-tine?

I have known Cody for about six years now. When we first met I was reffing him in white belt competitions.

I have rolled with him on occasion and have watched him improve.

The thing that I have always noticed about him is his un orthodox approach of submission before position. It the opposite of traditional bjj.

I used to have problems with him in sport BJJ as a butt scooter. He has gotten passed that.

Most notably about two years ago he won a advanced division no gi fight against on of WA best wrestlers out there. There was no way Cody would ever take this guy down.

Cody knew it.

Instantly at the start of the fight he jumped guard with a flying crazy guillotine and won fastest submission of the day.

I think he will do great on the show as a character. He is real nice and kind of goofy. He is not a guy with a chip on his shoulder and is genuinely cares about the sport.

Whats a butt scooter?

Ain't nothing wrong with that homie. BTW, I was dead serious when I said the Marcelo Guillotine trumps all. I don't fiddle too much with arm-ins, 10-fingers, etc.

What do you mean when you say the Marcelo guillotine? and what's your belt rank?

So it's pretty much what I thought it was, while it's a very effective variation it's still one of many effective variations and there's too much nut hugging of it on here.

No luck, Drew. Got close a couple times, but ended up having to just Darce a muhfucka.

Yeah its like you gotta get the arm way thru( i have skinny arms so its easy for me)
which is the trouble a lot of people have with darce chokes. I like this McKenzie-tine..ive noticed my guilly chokes % have gone way up. Also i notice the pressure on the double arteries makes em a lil blue..:redface:

Cody's cool, i train in the Seattle area and people around here like em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back