McGregor's biggest test vs Aldo; just another fight for the KING

Betting odds:

Jose Aldo -140

Conor McGregor +100.

These will fluctuate. Delusional McGregor fans will keep it close. But the guy is still untested. Aldo takes this. If McGregor was fighting Edgar I'd bet the house on Edgar. Horrible stylistic matchup.

Connor fans should be begging for their boy to have another fight before a shot at the title. Siver is poor preparation for fighting a monster like Aldo.

Connor fans should be begging for their boy to have another fight before a shot at the title. Siver is poor preparation for fighting a monster like Aldo.

The odds don't see him as a monster favorite. Nor do I. This will be a good fight.

This will be a test for Aldo. McG's striking and control of range is legit, and he hits HARD.
Aldo will win, but i dont think he makes it look easy.

I'm not counting out but this will be Conor's true test. He hasn't shown me any reason why he can't win but he hasn't faced someone like Aldo.

The worst thing about this Conor hate is that legit fighters like Siver, Poirier and Holloway get shit on because Conor beat them. Doesn't this also make Cub Swanson look like trash since Poirier (extremely close fight) and Siver (again even war before the third) are pretty much his best wins.

The odds don't see him as a monster favorite. Nor do I. This will be a good fight.

I never really mentioned the betting odds. My main point was that leading up to a fight with one of the best pfp fighters in the UFC, it's concerning that Dennis Siver was Connors last opponent. That fight did absolutely nothing to help him prepare mentally or physically for Aldo.

A lot of people think Aldo has lost his killer instinct, I don't think it's that. He's just evolved in his tactics and fights in a manner which guarantees him a victory in case he can't finish the guy. He's a 5 round fighter and can't afford to risk burning out his gas tank chasing a finish. But if it's there, he will pull that trigger.

He's a phenomenal fighter, but he's not as dangerous as he was in WEC. TJ has already shown us that a high mobility striker can beat that style of fighting, and conor is more than capable of replicating it. He will show more respect to Aldo than he did to Siver by attacking from angles and switching stances more often.

Finally, Aldo sets almost everything up off his jab. This is the biggest reach disadvantage he's ever had as far as I know. Conor has a longer jab and it will throw Aldo's rhythm off.

They will be calling for Aldo to take him down in later rounds just like they told Barao to take tj down.

The worst thing about this Conor hate is that legit fighters like Siver, Poirier and Holloway get shit on because Conor beat them. Doesn't this also make Cub Swanson look like trash since Poirier (extremely close fight) and Siver (again even war before the third) are pretty much his best wins.

Good fighters, sure... but they aren't the elite of the division.

Conor beat the guys on the loser's bracket to get his title shot.

Frankie is waiting at the top of the winner's bracket.

Good fighters, sure... but they aren't the elite of the division.

Conor beat the guys on the loser's bracket to get his title shot.

Frankie is waiting at the top of the winner's bracket.

Frankie got a TS after two (one close somewhat controversial decision) losses in a different division.

Mendes had to get through a murderer's row of fighters including the great fighters like:

Cody McKenzie
Yaotzin Meza
Darren Elkins
Clay Guida

And he got his TS with a win over Nik Lentz.

Your argument sucks.

You hear this kind of garbage all the time when an elite fighter emerges. I remember all the threads of people saying Jon Jones was going to get destroyed by Shogun because he hadn't beaten anyone good.

People are so incapable of actually looking at a fighter and recognizing their skills, and instead they go blindly off of emotion or what names show up on a guy's fight record.

You hear this kind of garbage all the time when an elite fighter emerges. I remember all the threads of people saying Jon Jones was going to get destroyed by Shogun because he hadn't beaten anyone good.

People are so incapable of actually looking at a fighter and recognizing their skills, and instead they go blindly off of emotion or what names show up on a guy's fight record.

Agreed, mma math on its own is a poor way of breaking down fights.

I usually like to hate on the favorite and hype up the underdog, but Aldo is going to dismantle the islander.

lol at comparing Jones to McGregor

Jones was getting booked properly that's why he is where is today.

Even then, he was a replacement for Evans when he fought for the title.

"hadn't beaten anyone good". My ass. People were egging on him to get a title shot forever. There was a BIG Jon Jones bandwagon believe it or not. He was an internet-darling, bigger than Conor is today.

Agreed, mma math on its own is a poor way of breaking down fights.

MMA math cant even be applied here. Has Conor fought guys that have fought Aldo? No.

Has Conor even fought guys that fought guys that fought Aldo?

NO.

That's the whole point. He's not tested.

It'll be Aldos second toughest test, but i forsee legkicks of doom.

The fool has entertained his King. But by grabbing his attentions and not showing respect for the crown.....King Scarface will have his head.

Cannot WAIT for this fight. A win over Siver.....WOW.

Holloway, Brimmage, Poirier and Siver.......I find it staggering that McGregor fans do not see anything wrong with this equation.

Aldo will put the Jester down. Connor will be humble in defeat like he says he is and showed he was when he almost quit the sport after Duffy strangled him into submission.

And Aldo will do what he always does......quietly dominate and deal with his opponent in routine fashion.

From a business perspective.....its win-win. Connor gets his shot with the chance of an upset, Aldo make bread, UFC make bread, Connor avoids being derailed by Swanson, Edgar, Mendes (even GUIDA would lay on top of Connor for 3 rounds) and the fans get to believe Connor is special until Aldo bludgeon's his small head around for 5 rounds.

Ah, the sooner the better.

When it happens....I will ENGORGE myself with the tears that will flood this forum.....

Aldo by UD or some sort of surprising submission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back