McGregor's biggest test vs Aldo; just another fight for the KING

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, the easiest fight he'd have since being in the UFC.

Conor beat Poirier and Siver to earn his title shot.

Neither Poirier nor Siver have any wins in the UFC's top 15. Yet, they were ranked so highly in the top 10 to justify Conor's overly-elevated ranking.

Conor is ranked #5 because he beat the #6 Poirier. Well who did Poirier beat to be number 6? No one in the top 15. But the UFC can now sell is as "beating someone in the top half of the division" and some of the fans will buy it blindly because they've got Conor in shiny suits.

The UFC created a paralleled route for Conor to get to the title so that they can capitalize off him and cash in on him before milking him dry for dat European money.

They did the same thing with Dan Hardy. Its not new.

This is the biggest fight in Conor's career. He's got everything riding on it. This is his moment. He believes in himself!

For Jose Aldo, this is just another fight. Hell, i've seen people here refer to it as his Chael Sonnen fight.

Good for Aldo. He deserves a bit of a breather in-between rematching Mendes and Edgar.

Last edited:
Lol yes another fight for aldo because he has fought a lot of high level strikers and not short wrestlers.

Maybe Dana created the Connor's hype just to make Aldo popular and raise his PPV buys.
After he obliterate a famous fighter, he will become famous.

Last edited:
I give connor alotta heat but in all honesty the guy is good for the division and its a good thing he came along right now cuz Aldo has cleaned out the division.

And to be fair to Connor he does have a heavy straight left and if it lands clean can hurt anyone. But Aldo just isnt anyone his defense is beautiful vwhen he applies it.

I feel like Aldo is a bit relieved to be facing a striker instead of a wrestler like he has his last few fights.

It will be a fun fight for as long as it last thats for sure.

As a big Aldo fan I wouldn't be so confident to say Aldo will win this fight easily

Aldo should win this pretty handily. Problem is they are looking at Memorial day for the fight. I don't know if I can wait that long with these Mcgregor riders. It's like eating mustard after you know it's gone bad 5 months ago.

Betting odds:

Jose Aldo -140

Conor McGregor +100.

Conor will knock Jose Aldo out cold in the 1st round, then all those useless statistics will go to sh&t.

In b 4 KZ beat Poirier and got a shot and then people remember he was a late late replacement

Poirier beat Koch that was ranked in the top ten. He was also much hyped after a foty canitate against KZ (easily Jung's biggest win where betting bookies didn't give KZ much of a chance to win) and many said Conor was ducking him because he was a high level opponent. Siver beat Diego Nunes who was ranked in the top ten after beating Mike Brown (highly ranked at the time) + giving a good fight to Florian.

I'm not sure who will win between Conor and Aldo but finish would suprise me.

Aldo is the rightful favorite. Conor has never looked even in slight trouble so it will be hard to guage what happens.
I predict an amazing fight.
Will be interesting and just hope we can all enjoy the best stand-up fight available without getting hung-up on I-told-ya-so's/"butthurt"/Stubborn picks.

This is not just another fight for Aldo. Conor has legit striking. Legit.

Maybe Dana created the Connor's hype just to make Aldo popular and raise his PPV buys.
After he obliterate a famous fighter, he will become famous.

They are trying to move away from the ppv format.

Aldo has been main-eventing in Brazil for years. He draws 20 million viewers on Globo.

Globo pays the UFC $60million a year.

Aldo is a much more popular than Conor and the numbers are there to back it up.

Hell, Aldo even has more followers than Conor on twitter.

You are exactly the type of fan that I'm talking about when I say easy to sell to.

You already believe so deeply that Conor is this superstar. He isn't. He's been on 1 ppv that too neither the main-event nor co-main event.

Let us see the ratings for UFC Fight Night Boston.

Conor broke ratings for 3e in Ireland with 300,000 viewers or something like that.

HAH. People actually believe this cat is more popular than Aldo.

Back