McGregor vs Poirier offical

There is a very strong case for Poirier winning this.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

Dustin has all the motivation, this rematch has been a long time in the making.
Conor is better than 2016 Conor, he looks strong as fuck and he still has power, which was displayed in his fight with Cerrone...

Some of the follow up shots maybe not so legal though.. Swear there was at least one to the back of the head.
Dustin was on his way down to faceplanting in the mat when Conor hit him once in the ear and once to the back of the head but dude was on Queer Street and was 10 seconds away from being clobbered to a KO anyway.

Dustin was on his way down to faceplanting in the mat when Conor hit him once in the ear and once to the back of the head but dude was on Queer Street and was 10 seconds away from being clobbered to a KO anyway.
Dustin's head was still off the canvas, was only when the illegal shot(s) happened that his head went down..Illegal shot is illegal shot regardless.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

even if cowboy hasn't looked prime for a few fights, nobody has beaten him the way c onor did. even gaethje's win wasn't as impressive.

even if cowboy hasn't looked prime for a few fights, nobody has beaten him the way c onor did. even gaethje's win wasn't as impressive.
No one has also fought that old version of Cerrone

Conor looked good, but cerrone is WASHED

Dustin still has the tendency to leave his chin centered up in the air when he's throwing power shots.
If he can fix that then perhaps.
Old habits die hard.

I said his win against Cerrone was nice, I never said it wasn't impressive. But the reality is the fight wasn't at Lightweight, that was a WW fight between Cerrone who couldn't beat Niko Price, and a WW Conor who had a 1-1 record against Nate Diaz going in.

And anything Conor did in the Khabib fight, even if we ignore the blatant cheating was TWO years ago! We have no clue how a 2021 Lightweight Conor will fare against a truly elite top 5 LW like Dustin, if the fight is indeed for the title at LW.

Dustin still has the tendency to leave his chin centered up in the air when he's throwing power shots.
If he can fix that then perhaps.
Old habits die hard.
One interesting thing about the first fight was the finish, a notorious TKO artist like Conor landing flush behind the ear and putting Dustin down hard, a rare finishing sequence that isn't likely to be repeated again.

Prior to the finish Dustin was having success landing his left hand from southpaw, Conor actually chipped his tooth from a brutal punch thrown by the diamond.

Conor very well may come back strong and look great, but objectively we have next to no clue what to expect. One thing is for sure though, Conor's style isn't the same at all, and that will play a big part in the rematch.

Yeah you can't convince me that Conor has been training hard. He's probably just been drinking and partying a lot. He'll be no where close to his peak. IMO he's going to look like BJ Penn coming back.

My opinion is this, Conor finished him impressively last time. He will knock him out impressively this time.

@NorrisB as promise we made the av bet. I have Poirier and Izzy. You have Jan and Conor.

Eh that was a pretty lukewarm confirmation... Dana asking "I think so?" and then yes. Many fights have garnered that reaction from him and then not happened.

Unadulterated, hateful BS!

Conor wins by unanimous decision.
It will be similar to the Diaz rematch although Conor will clearly win all 5 rounds instead of just 1 or 2.
No gas tank. If it goes 5 corner be lucky to win 3 with no tank.

i will root for Dustin. but like it or not, the leprechaun was a good fighter, don't know about now, i just hope Dustin wouldn't underestimate the irish fuck and got aldo'd

Back