McGregor vs Poirier offical

hoevan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

I think you gotta go McGregor ftw.

8 minutes 35 seconds by the way. I don't know how to time stamp it.

Last edited:
There is a very strong case for Poirier winning this.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

Dustin has all the motivation, this rematch has been a long time in the making.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

I don't know about all that. He looked good in the Cerrone fight, and Cowboy is a lightweight.

Conor wins by unanimous decision.
It will be similar to the Diaz rematch although Conor will clearly win all 5 rounds instead of just 1 or 2.

He should bang Poirier up pretty bad. He’s a much better fighter on the feet than Dustin. Maybe Dustin can survive and mix some wrestling in. If he can drag it out, his chances improve.

Conor round 1 TKO

No idea if Jan will catch Izzy and fuck his shit up or not.

poirier wins easily, goes for takedowns early and gets conman tried. he'll be tapping by round 4/5. he taps anytime he is tired. always had shit cardio.

I don’t see how Poirer wins, McGregor has a better stand up game.

I felt the punch in the first fight landed behind the ear a bit, still legal but those suck.

Dustins boxing is way different now than it use to be. Everyone in here forgetting the clinic he put on Max striking.

AGREED.

that being said, Mcg is Mcg and we have to expect someone who can ko Dustin but we don't know how much he has trained or how his cardio holds up to a Dustin who improved leaps and bounds.
To be fair i'll go with Dustin and even if Mcg has improved i don't think the current Mcg will beat him but he's still a very dangerous fighter.

I felt the punch in the first fight landed behind the ear a bit, still legal but those suck.

Dustins boxing is way different now than it use to be. Everyone in here forgetting the clinic he put on Max striking.
Some of the follow up shots maybe not so legal though.. Swear there was at least one to the back of the head.

How has Conor not looked “elite” since? Lol.

he’s the only dude to take a round from khabib (yes, he cheated in that fight, but that’s not how he won the round) and then he had an absolute thrashing of cowboy cerrone. There’s literally no evidence that Conor hasn’t looked elite since then.

Back