McGregor vs Poirier offical

Dustins boxing is way different now than it use to be. Everyone in here forgetting the clinic he put on Max striking.

Ahem.

He pushed Max to a decision which was slipping away from Dustin from half way through the fight, given that Max was on the up from 145 he represented himself well.

Sure Dustin did well and it was a hell of a fight but let's not get it twisted and proclaim that it was a wash.

How has Conor not looked “elite” since? Lol.

he’s the only dude to take a round from khabib (yes, he cheated in that fight, but that’s not how he won the round) and then he had an absolute thrashing of cowboy cerrone. There’s literally no evidence that Conor hasn’t looked elite since then.

The Cowboy fight was a joke and everyone here knows it, some folk just prefer to act that it was ever a competitive fight in order to support the narrative that Conor fought an actual competitor.

I just wish he'd have been given the Diego fight as that would have really sealed the deal.

And as for Conor winning a round against Khabib, the counter argument that Khabib simply took the round off and actually "gave" the round to Conor holds water.

As does the fact that judges are notoriously poor and actually gave Justin the first round against Khabib, which is laughable.

Conor hasn't looked Elite since Eddie.

The Cowboy fight was a joke and everyone here knows it, some folk just prefer to act that it was ever a competitive fight in order to support the narrative that Conor fought an actual competitor.

I just wish he'd have been given the Diego fight as that would have really sealed the deal.

And as for Conor winning a round against Khabib, the counter argument that Khabib simply took the round off and actually "gave" the round to Conor holds water.

As does the fact that judges are notoriously poor and actually gave Justin the first round against Khabib, which is laughable.

lol lolololo

Dustin's head was still off the canvas, was only when the illegal shot(s) happened that his head went down..Illegal shot is illegal shot regardless.
I mean, if you’re looking to discredit that win, sure, you can look at it whatever way you wan

Yes, true, but judging wasn’t to blame for khabib losing the round to Conor, he legitimately lost it. N khabib has never taken a round off. Suddenly he wants to give his arch rival a round so he could “take off”? I don’t think so.

but yeah, it’s still hard to say Conor hasn’t looked elite since Eddie. He hasn’t been given any opportunities to look elite. He fought a guy in khabib who dominates every fighter he’s faced, and then you have the cowboy win which people are going to discredit no matter what. For instance, cowboy has 53 fights. He’s been tko/ko’d only by Pettis, dos anjos, gaethje, till, masvidal, and Conor. All fighters in their respective primes. But yeah, Conor’s starching of cowboy wasnt impressive cause “cowboy is washed” or whatever bullshit argument to minimize what Conor did to him in that fight.

I mean, if you’re looking to discredit that win, sure, you can look at it whatever way you wan
Nah a foul shot is a foul shot objectively.. The rules are the rules. If it'd been a dick stomp or a eye poke then there would have been outrage, not subjective views.

There is a very strong case for Poirier winning this.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

Dustin has all the motivation, this rematch has been a long time in the making.
I honestly think he looked better than ever in his admittedly short fight with Cowboy. He had added a lot of tools to his game, he looked much more dangerous in the clinch, which is not a position he is normally comfortable in.
He also looked like his kicking game was improved.

There is a very strong case for Poirier winning this.

Most fans are still envisioning 2016 Conor, but we haven't seen Conor look elite since. Conor's stock is a complete mystery atm, beating Cowboy was nice but Cowboy couldn't even get past Niko price. Surviving 4 rounds against Khabib sounds good, but he cheated throughout the entire fight and likely gets subbed easily in two otherwise.

Dustin has all the motivation, this rematch has been a long time in the making.

Conor looked good in the Cerrone fight for as long as it lasted.

And Dustin looked like shit against Hooker. He was gassed out and throwing bar brawl haymakers by the end of the second. He didn't look anywhere near as good as he did against Max. I know he was coming back from an injury, but it needs to be something that's corrected. I hope he wins because I love Dustin, but he needs to be a lot better than he was against Hooker or he's getting knocked out.

Poirier hasn't had a first round finish in 4 years. You're telling me McGregor isn't going to connect with a violent blow or two in that first round? Even if he survives the first, he will be badly compromised. We're not talking about Iron Nate Diaz here.

Hopefully Dustin comes in with a thick beard and some padding on the temple

Conor will ko Dustin in the first round again ....easy work imo

a0bd3c97ce903c33ac6f8f4962546f3c.gif

The legendary Michael Johnson. Slept Poirier, nearly finished Gaethje, and has wins over Tony and Artem.

It will be done in one.

Back