McGregor has to rematch Aldo

right? what belt was he defending? he defended the interim belt against aldo? are you serious? god help us all that unifying the belt against the lineal champion is considered a "title defense". WTF happened to this sport.
What happened to this "sport" (which it is not these days), is that the Lorenzo modeled the UFC after the WWE.....I really miss Pride these days.....

Aldo's had his chance (3 of them to exact)

If they never fight again it won't be Conor's fault

No one want's to see Conor X Aldo II get booked only for Aldo to pull out again and Conor gets another short notice opponent in a stupid fight that makes no sense.
Yeah lets take a fight on short notice to redeem a 13 second knockout loss that means everything to his career.

#sherdoglogic

As one of the rare two-division UFC champs his legacy is already assured. He can grow it, but beating Aldo wont add much except to the true hardcores. If he beats Khabib and Ferg that would be far greater.
No two division champ, he.
His earned belt is gone because he wouldn't defend it, and his Mcbelt is a joke.
If a fighter skips the entire fucking line, he didn't earn it.

No he doesn't.

Conor doesn't need a rematch with Aldo, Aldo needs a rematch with Conor.

Conor doesn't need Aldo, Aldo needs Conor.

Inb4 some fool says Conor is ducking him even though it's actually the other way around. Aldo truly doesn't want anything to do with Conor and never did.

No two division champ, he.
His earned belt is gone because he wouldn't defend it, and his Mcbelt is a joke.
If a fighter skips the entire fucking line, he didn't earn it.
He smoked two champs. Made it look easy. He has been champ of two divisions. Therefore two-division champ.

*Edit: BEFORE HE RETIRES

He will be the pussy of the story if he retires before it, more so if he loses at LW (what will likely happen).

The only scenario where he could do it is if Aldo enter in a losing streak and Conor keep winning

What you mean to say is, Aldo MUST rematch McGregor.
And he probably won't get to.

Aldo should have got the immediate TS. He's pulls out so damn much though...and that fight already took like a year.

He doesn't do himself any favors.

And then he just goes on and on about how he "never lost". Fuck outta here.

I think he will be stuck on that Conor fight forever. Just like Nate.

He smoked two champs. Made it look easy. He has been champ of two divisions. Therefore two-division champ.
He's champ of one division with his Mcbelt from a title shot he didn't earn.
"Champ". Until he successfully defends it.

He's champ of one division with his Mcbelt from a title shot he didn't earn.
"Champ". Until he successfully defends it.
When a person like Couture is described as a two-division champ, or someone like Ali is described as a "three-time world champ" it doesn't mean concurrently. Conor will always have been a two-division champ. Whether he earned the shot at LW or not, he still smashed Eddie and made him look like an amateur.

As one of the rare two-division UFC champs his legacy is already assured. He can grow it, but beating Aldo wont add much except to the true hardcores. If he beats Khabib and Ferg that would be far greater.

if mcgregor beats aldo again, I'd expect a lot of "was aldo shot?" "aldo is old" "aldo isnt the same fighter" type of threads.

haters hate.

When a person like Couture is described as a two-division champ, or someone like Ali is described as a "three-time world champ" it doesn't mean concurrently. Conor will always have been a two-division champ. Whether he earned the shot at LW or not, he still smashed Eddie and made him look like an amateur.

1) He never defended the FW belt.
2) His LW title shot was a gift given to him by Daddy Dana. He was finished by Diaz and got his title shot from a controversial majority decision victory.

These two elements taint his "two-division champ" claim. Fighters usually have to climb the ranks to be granted a title short. Or they have to be a dominant champion with multiple title defenses to warrant being granted a title shot at another weight class. McGregor did none to justify his LW title shot. Plus at the time he fought Eddie Alvarez it was clear he would never go back to the FW division and his title was disputed since Aldo beat Frankie at UFC 200.

1) He never defended the FW belt.
2) His LW title shot was a gift given to him by Daddy Dana. He was finished by Diaz and got his title shot from a controversial majority decision victory.

These two elements taint his "two-division champ" claim. Fighters usually have to climb the ranks to be granted a title short. Or they have to be a dominant champion with multiple title defenses to warrant being granted a title shot at another weight class. McGregor did none to justify his LW title shot. Plus at the time he fought Eddie Alvarez it was clear he would never go back to the FW division and his title was disputed since Aldo beat Frankie at UFC 200.
1) he beat most of the best FWs. Only Frankie and Lamas stick out as guys he missed. The 'no defence at FW' thing is way overblown.

2) sure, that title shot was gifted. So was Bisping's, but he's still champ. And Conor made mincemeat of Alvarez, who on paper should have been able to test him.

If you decide Conor's achievements are 'tainted' then that's your opinion, but I disagree.

Lalalalala I can't hear you Conor is a phony champ, etc and so forth :D

If Conor defends his belt at 155 and Aldo wins vs Holloway (which I'm not sure is going to happen) they can rematch at 155 for 2 belts. Would be pretty sweet and create hype IMO.

You can't fight for a belt in a different weightclass.
If conor wants the 145 belt he needs to make 145.

It should have already happened a while ago.

Aldo deserved that rematch....And Conor is going to avoid it as long as he can.

It seems to me people forget how great Jose was over the course of his career. I think fans turned on him because of his canceling fights due to injury and that's the only reason there is not a strong clamor for the rematch ala Cain-Dos Santos.

It was Dana pretending Aldo had an in frequent defense record, people who believe whatever they are told believed him.

In terms of defense frequency he was about average but Dana he was really bad so newbs believed him.

No, it's not. Aldo had to beat Chad and Frankie twice.
I'm sorry, I don't recall comparing the relative greatness of Conor and Aldo's runs at FW or their title reigns there. What Aldo did at FW was remarkable. That doesn't mean Conor wasn't the champion after beating Aldo.

Aldo beating Frankie twice and Mendes twice has no bearing on whether Conor was FW champion or not.

Back